Online Error - "Unable To Register" Please Help!

M

MonkeyJug

when i try and register my user id, it says 'unable to register'

everything else works fine. the dnas check is ok and it says connected on my router homepage.

i have forwarded all ports, udp and tcp and tried both automatic and manual port assignment within the game, but it just will not allow me to get past the user registration screen!

please, for the love of god, someone help me on this!!!

i have the minimum of 8 characters so that's not it either...

and i have set the ip address of my ps2 (192.168.0.4) to receive and send out ports...

i'm stumped!

i can get past the dnas scree, and then the 'testing network environment' screen.

also, i can connect to central station fine, too...

i don't suppose someone could post or pm me their login details so i can see if they work from here?

you can always change your password again...

thanks! :(

If you've put a chip in your ps2 you can't play online

blackwallstreet - i tried a different ps2 and it worked! i have been pulling my hair out since 3pm this afternoon, flashing my router's firmware and shit like that...

thanks dude - looks like there might have been a chip in my ps2 once, but it was removed. still must be some remnants hanging about somewhere...

:)

vr6_highline said:
blackwallstreet - i tried a different ps2 and it worked! i have been pulling my hair out since 3pm this afternoon, flashing my router's firmware and shit like that...

thanks dude - looks like there might have been a chip in my ps2 once, but it was removed. still must be some remnants hanging about somewhere...

:)

](*,) #-o ;)

Mine gets stuck on the 'Testing network enviroment' screen it just keeps flashing and nothing happens, let it run for 30mins and it was still flashing!!!

anyone else had this?? it gets past the DNAS screen and I have played fifa06 online just a couple of days ago.

hope someone can help!

Ferraritim said:
Open port 5730(UDP) in your router.

how do you do that??

I went into port settings after gettng past the dnas test and auto selected and changed the UPD port number to the one you said but it failed.

doing anything wrong??

cheers

Last edited:
the two bottom right hand boxes, which both read 0 is where you need to enter 5730...

on the bottom diagram on that guide, destination port and local port

most routers are act as the dns server, the Router the relays the DNS requests to the actual servers. To make it work you'll need to make your PS2's ip address static and make sure port 5730 is mapped/forwared in UDP mode to that ip address.

vr6_highline, I have the same problem (unable to register). I have a mod chipped ps2.
You wrote that you got it registered with a different ps2, but can you play it with your previously chipped ps2, or do you have to use the different ps2 with no chip to play online?
Meaning that can I just register my user-id with friend's ps2 and play with my chipped ps2, or do I basically have to buy a new ps2 and play online with it?:shock:

i didn't try my ps2 again, once i got it working - i'll do that this afternoon and let you know...

Mine said this but like a fuse and plug did you make sure your username and password was 8 letters/numbers long.

i'm having the same problem, tried with both the original disc and one that i've patched with kits and stuff aswell as the disc id, both connect to the network and pass the dnas check ok, i just get "unable to register" when i submit my details

i've got a messiah 1 chip installed which hasn't caused me any problems in the past including the pes5 online beta trials, also i changed my console id so i could play imports online, this has worked with all pal games and any imports i've tried, anyway i set the id back to default and made a new network connection but still have the same problem

i connect my ps2 directly to my cable modem so there's no router or firewall blocking it

i had to take the HD out of my ps2 to make online work... but i got a different error message saying "user ID is already in use" eveytime i put in a name to register...

Back
Top Bottom