• Note for new users: Please keep your posts English or we will delete them. There's a "No English?" area in our Editing sub-forum for those who prefer writing in their native language.
  • Site maintenance info: We got rid of the "Patches and Option Files" area and moved all threads from 2020 to their corresponding subs in the Editing area. Let me know if you're missing a thread or face any other issues related to this move. /Tom

Online help - cant get passed certain point.

sideshowbob

Non-League
7 January 2004
I can connect to a certain point then it says 'testing network environment' and comes up weith a message saying unable to connect (?) and something about a firewall or router, though i'm going direct from modem to ps2. Anyone got any advice? thanks alot.
 

rangerman

Conference
7 April 2003
Rangers
If you are connecting directly from your modem to ps2 you need to find out from your isp if the specific port that pes5 is aking for is open
 

The Power

League 1
18 July 2003
Where can i find this port? What does isp stand for?

I dont have a router or firewall,but when the system check my password and username it stuck and comes up a message that i must check my network devices. But the username and password is not false and the network test was ok. I can play other ps2 games online without problems..only pes5 not. HELP :(
 
Last edited:

rangerman

Conference
7 April 2003
Rangers
isp = internet service provider. Sorry im not sure how i can explain "port" to you but im sure another member with better knowledge than me can help you
 

dean291186

Non-League
19 September 2003
I cant login, I have created my account and it tests the network situation fine, but when I go to log into the lobby and put in ym details and press login after a few mins i get this message

"Temporarily unable to connect to server,please try later"
 
S

stevenmorton

Guest
i have the same problem with the testing network enviroment thing. i play all my other games online and they work. when i test the connection it works but once it starts testing network environment it comes with a message about cant access using port 5730 and i have tried turning off my firewall and allowing this port to be accepted but i still get the same message. any one else had this problem and got past it ?
 
E

Enda

Guest
yes, i have the same problem. ive been at it for hours. i opened port 5730 and it did nothing. im lost for ideas :(
 

rangerman

Conference
7 April 2003
Rangers
you still need to find out the i.p address your ps2 has been allocated and forward udp port 5730 for that i.p
 

jambotommy

Praying for the miracle..
7 August 2004
Narnia
Hearts
RAISH said:
was it not to shut down for an hour?
Nah mate,it shuts down on monday morning at 9.00am bst.
working great for me.
What routers do you have(regarding people having problems)
I know there are problems with bt voyager routers(which i have)
You have to either open ports or change the dmz state of the router.
if anyone has the bt voyager 205,let me know,I'll try to help.
 
S

stevenmorton

Guest
rangerman said:
you still need to find out the i.p address your ps2 has been allocated and forward udp port 5730 for that i.p

ok but how do i do that. i ahve a vigor 2600 ADSL router btw
 
21 April 2002
jambotommy said:
Nah mate,it shuts down on monday morning at 9.00am bst.
working great for me.
What routers do you have(regarding people having problems)
I know there are problems with bt voyager routers(which i have)
You have to either open ports or change the dmz state of the router.
if anyone has the bt voyager 205,let me know,I'll try to help.


I have that router and have sent you a PM. hope you can help.

cheers.

..humming along to phoenix nights-esque 'testing network enviroment' music..
 
7 August 2004
Liverpool
stevenmorton said:
ok but how do i do that. i ahve a vigor 2600 ADSL router btw
i had the same error with udp port. What i did was:

1: go to routerpage and look at the ip adresses availeble ( i have 3 pc's in the network so had to check which ip adress wasnt used)
exampl: router ip: 192.168.2.1 > ps2 ip to make 192.168.2.100 with gateway 255.255.255.0

2: go to port forwarding in routermenu. Type 192.168.2.100 (new ps2 ip)

3: go to ps2 and start pes5. Network/settings. Go thru the menu's and when the ip/gateway adress is asked typ the new one chosen in you router.

4: play game

or look here/ or you own countries ps page:
http://uk.playstation.com/networkgam...ml?type=GUIDES
 
S

stevenmorton

Guest
tiktiktiktik said:
i had the same error with udp port. What i did was:

1: go to routerpage and look at the ip adresses availeble ( i have 3 pc's in the network so had to check which ip adress wasnt used)
exampl: router ip: 192.168.2.1 > ps2 ip to make 192.168.2.100 with gateway 255.255.255.0

2: go to port forwarding in routermenu. Type 192.168.2.100 (new ps2 ip)

3: go to ps2 and start pes5. Network/settings. Go thru the menu's and when the ip/gateway adress is asked typ the new one chosen in you router.

4: play game

or look here/ or you own countries ps page:
http://uk.playstation.com/networkgam...ml?type=GUIDES
i mite sound daft but is routerpage in network places then connections and wen i try to view settings i can never find wot im lookin for. have u got msn or sumfin so u can help me step by step thanks
 

jambotommy

Praying for the miracle..
7 August 2004
Narnia
Hearts
Ok guys,follow these instructions if you have a bt voyager 205,like myself,you will connect every time if you follow these instructions...

1) Go to http://voyager.home

2) Go to "advanced"

3) Click "advanced..." once again

4) It will ask for a username and password

5) Type "admin" for both, this is the default and should work

6) Click the "IP Routing" Tab

7) Make sure that "NAT" is "enabled".

Click in the drop down menu and select "NAT Virtual Server / DMZ"

9) Click "add"

10) Change "Virtual Server" to "DMZ"

11) Change "RULE ID" to something large like 1000 or above.

12) Make your "LAN IP Address", 192.168.1.40 or something similar.

13) Press "Apply"

14) Then press "save" and close the confirmation window

PlayStation 2

1) Load up your Central Station disc and select "Get Connected" to make a new setting

2) It will ask about your ISP. Select "no"

3) It will ask about your IP address. Select "no"

4) Make the IP address: 192.168.1.40

5) Make the Netmask: 255.255.255.0

6) Make the Gateway: 192.168.1.1

7) It will ask about your DNS. Select "no"

Make your primary DNS: 192.168.1.1 (same as gateway)

9) Ignore the secondary gateway. Or put 192.168.1.2.

10) Save the file and run the test. it should work.

Good luck chaps
 
D

Djibree

Guest
it works wow fantastic, im gonna pray tonight that hearts will win the league they deserve it if all their fans are this good! even tho family supports celtic, but hoo cares,

after all what comes foirst, fmaily or football?

p.s. when he says asks about isp etc. on get connected it doesnt do that automatically sa it appeass, u have to go on somethin like advanced setup or something
its under sum of the opyion

goood luck and hopefully ill c ya soon on the big ol league

chow

p.p.s come on hearts!!!
 
S

slatts78

Guest
Hey guys any chance you can help me get online with it?PLEASE!!!!!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom