ONLINE : LAGGING AND CHEATS

H

hmaa81

Hi every one , hope you are having a great time

So my nick name in the game is HIMA , english server

I dont know what is wrong with people , but it has been the case most of the time ,

THE BALL GO CRAZY in the second half- esp if i finish winning the first half ? why , no clue , what goes wrong i dont know ?
the ball is fast , passes that you didnt even think of making are done , and the percision goes very low , it drove me sick of these dirty cheats ,
my connection is 10 megas , cable internet , and the provider is RCN , i intentionally turn of the pc , the cable tv so to make sure the cable internet is totally devoted to my PS 2

can any body tell me what is wrong ?
PS: i tend to host games often , and i heard some say to joing a ready hosted game it will be better and less chaeting ,

ANY HELP OR EXPLANANTION IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

people put on p2p programs, there connection stays same but u are relying on their upload speed to get information from your opponent's console/pc to your ps2/pc. this upload speed throttled by the p2p program eating all the upload bandwidth, therefore its a cheat and is almost unplayable.

therefore the only solution may be to do the same back? don't know but i lost quite a few games because of that.

Last edited:
Thanks Tandeh for the reply ,
that sucks , i mean if they just want to win why they dont play offline and beat the hell out of a one star computer opponent , they can sure win all the mathces , but why disturb our time and fun , i dont know

Lol, I know what you mean hmaa81. I have COMCAST and we all know how fast this ISP is even faster than some T1 lines but still when I play some games are laggy and some are not. Especially if the person you're playing againts is struggling..you will notice the gameplay change big time.. when you're running down forward the game stutters, tons of slowdown, when you pass the ball the ball rolls then stops and just feels weird.. but when they run forward everything is smooth. I'm getting something that will tell me users IP addy..so whoever lags me down...I'll just DDOS his entire ISP even a router addy.

Here is the explanation for the second half lag:

The host hosts the first half, the opponent hosts the second half.

Even if you're opponent has a bad connection, the first half is still going to go smooth for you. It'll lag for him though.

The second half, he will become the host and it'll run good for him and bad for you.

If both people have good connections (green) you'll get a smooth match.

jumbo said:

Even if you're opponent has a bad connection, the first half is still going to go smooth for you. It'll lag for him though.

The second half, he will become the host and it'll run good for him and bad for you.

You are def. right.. but check this out.. I played this kid who was Brazil..his shit was green..so was mine.. 2nd half I couldn't move.. from the lag but didn't want to disconnect. I get the ball to my player and guess what he becomes scared of the ball and runs to a different dirrection. Thats something right there unless I'm a noob and don't know how to hold the controler.

jumbo said:

I see it as 2 legs. Home and Away. You BETTER score when your hosting, cause if the connection sucks in the second half you're in trouble.

If YOUR connection sucks in the first half and you DO score, then it's like an away goal basically, cause it'll be that much harder for them to tie you when their connection sucks.

So, take advantage of the good connection when you have it!

thanks all for the feedback , i highly appreciate it
tomorrow is my online day , hope to play you there , my ID is HIMA , i am # 1 in the second division approaching the #1 in the first devision ;)

question ,
Where can i read about the points system of the online game ? like when i get 59 and when i get 19 ....etc

CapnKill said:
I see it as 2 legs. Home and Away. You BETTER score when your hosting, cause if the connection sucks in the second half you're in trouble.

If YOUR connection sucks in the first half and you DO score, then it's like an away goal basically, cause it'll be that much harder for them to tie you when their connection sucks.

So, take advantage of the good connection when you have it!

there it is thats the answer,Its a game of 2 halves.U better score when hosting the connection on your half.

i have seen people playing around with their connection, i saw this guy, who creates a table having a green connection, and the next second it went down to yellow and then red. and then back to green, i was lik how the hell can he manipulates that.?

Ive also seen people playing vs themselves having 2 PS2's :)>

iceobar said:
it must be earlier as the first time i read johan post i thought he was fessing up to seeing people playing with themselves!!

Yo son.. u were on last night I holla at you and no response.. what was the score we played 2-1 for you or 1-0 or draw ?

yeah sorry mate, i just popped out and when i got back noticed you messaged me, but you were already in a game. I think when we ahve played its been close, i think we've played twice, one draw, one win for me, but close regardless

Guys, any help would be appreciated.

Here's my situation..Just a few days ago, I started experiencing lag only in the first half. I have never had any lag before, and I'm thinking it's either my Network Adapter, or my Old PS2. I've had the PS2 since it was launched. It cannot be my connection because I have no problems playing online with the 360 or any other games. I've been booted from a game all the way out to the user ID and Password window.

What do you guys think? is it the Network Adapter or PS2?

I'm willing to buy another PS2 if that's the problem.

Thanks!
JF

jflores said:
Guys, any help would be appreciated.

Here's my situation..Just a few days ago, I started experiencing lag only in the first half. I have never had any lag before, and I'm thinking it's either my Network Adapter, or my Old PS2. I've had the PS2 since it was launched. It cannot be my connection because I have no problems playing online with the 360 or any other games. I've been booted from a game all the way out to the user ID and Password window.

What do you guys think? is it the Network Adapter or PS2?

I'm willing to buy another PS2 if that's the problem.

Thanks!
JF

I thought this thread was closed lol..but anyways.. I think you're fine bro. This happens to me too and my console is fairly new.. 1/5 year old..

Sometimes the servers are shitty and even if you have OC3 connection you will lag. Now if this happens ALL THE TIME..and if the lag is severe.. I would test your connection speed and see whats going on with the download/upload rate. Google.com and type speed test .. you'll see tons of pages so do a different sites to get different results to see how accurate they are.

Yep let me know how it goes.. if you have trouble with your PS2 buy a slim one with network adaptor built in already.

Hey guys is it just ME or do ppl no how to RESET your ISP while you play against them. I swear to God every time I play with Arsenal and outperform my opponent all of a sudden I get disconnected. I check to see if my internet is working but that fails too. After a while it gets back on as if it was reset.

Now I would blame this on my internet provider, BUT this never happens when I play one of you guys. So Im not sure what to do. To be honest Id rather just play the league but that has only a FEW games in it.

I played jumbo the other day and he was up by two goals. He had a corner kick all of the sudden it says "connection lost". It brought us back to the lobby but jumbo had one more disconnection which resulted in a loss by 3 goals. Also, I had a game with Rektangl he was up by 1 and same thing happened.

Once I was up by a goal and same thing happened to me. Its certanly a server bug.

i played nahn(cant remember the restr of his name) last nite, ranked 6th, big pile of poo, what was amazing was he timmed his lags to perfection - quiet remarkable, every time the ball (his half hosting) got in my box, it lagged so bad i couldnt even see. Somehow managed to hold him 1-1 for that half, and spanked him in the second - so won 3-1....dick

Back
Top Bottom