Online PES5

timsmith10000

LEICESTER CITY!
18 August 2003
Leicester
Knowing that Pes5 will probably have online play, I was just wondering how many people have an online ps2 or will get it for PES.

I want to check on numbers :mrgreen:

ive got a network adapter for the ps2 but the only games that i played on it were tiger woods and nfsu, the online play for the xbox is a lot better but you have to pay for that. I will def be giving the ps2 another go when pes5 comes out

yeah well, i have tiger woods, need for speed underground, and hardware:online arena (these are all great!) I also have ssx3 and XIII online but nobody ever plays these :(

what is the general way that ps2 online works (particularly we8le please :) ) it's free isn't it? do you have to pay for games' individual online accounts?

well, im on about europe here, so we dont get we8le here. But even if we can play the game i doubt the online would be any good seeing as you would be playing people on the other side of the world (lagging etc)

for each game developer you have there own accounts, for example on EA games you have 1 account for all EA games and the same with UBisoft games etc etc

Online ps2 gaming is totally free, but final fantasy X1 or something, you have to pay a monthly fee.

yeah i got one of those slimline ps2's so il be playing pes5 when its out

we8le had charges to play online in Japan.

PES5 could have charges too, because Konami will have to set up their own servers to run the game online. It might not happen, but its possible.

servers no way i doubt it! its not really high maintenance like an rpg like final fantasy so it should be ok. You have already payed decent money for the game so Konami dont need money for servers if there are going to be any. But i doubt it.

How can we know??

By the way, I have PS2 online, and I'm world ranked 143 in a game I won't tell the name...

coff* coff* (F*FA)

I'm a bit sceptical about this, we're getting closer to the release and not a single official word on online play yet. This would be a key feature and a buy reason for many players, so if it was in, they would surely announce it.

I remember about a year ago when it was already in question if PES4 featured online play and Konami said that it would be available in Japan first because of the 'difficult infrastructure in Europe'. :roll:

Regarding how much they focussed on their home base in the last few years and the PS3 on the horizon, imo it's well possible they skip the online part for PES5 PS2 again and maybe improve the online experience for PES5 PC slightly.

I Think that it has been said that the online play on winning eleven 9 will cost money to use....and if that is the case then i think that pes/we losses terrain to the fifa serie :-( so plzzzzzzz let the online play be free!!!!

This might sound a little odd, but I actually think charging money (as long as they don't charge a lot) might be a good thing. In my experience, vendors who charge money tend to give a much better service, and it might result in a superior experience.

If it got rid of lag and added a decent lobby system, I would be willing to pay a small amount for it.

sad fact konami dont like us in europe they will only be releasing online pro for the japs and for the xbox in the rest of the world except for the yanks

nope. if they charged people you would only get a few people on it. The die hards (on this site for example) If it was a one-off fee then yeah defo, but monthly i might struffle a bit. And whoever said that they would of announced it - its coming end of october, we9 is coming out in 3 weeks and they havent announced half the details yet. so i wont expect anything till start of october at earliest.

i am going to get one for me birthday so i can show you lot how good i am at pes but you will have to wait till december

haha. I have always thought that i am bloody good at pes. I can quite easily beat many of my friends and i can beat the comp on 5* quite easily as well. So it will be good to see how good i am compared to you guys!

darth_bulbous said:
sad fact konami dont like us in europe they will only be releasing online pro for the japs and for the xbox in the rest of the world except for the yanks

Have it been confirmed that there will be no online play in europe??????

Hopefully the Live play on the Xbox version will be better, the service can handle the game no problem it's just bad programming.

They should have online play as smooth as offline, better ranking systems, leagues, cups a lobby, everything.

2 vs. 2 or 4 vs. 4, it's all possible.

pes5 definately has online play in europe, i've been selected to take part in a beta trial sometime in the next 2 or 3 weeks

fishcake said:
pes5 definately has online play in europe, i've been selected to take part in a beta trial sometime in the next 2 or 3 weeks

Can yopu then write a review of the game or a preview or something????

Dear Trial Member,

I’m pleased to confirm you have been selected to take part in a limited Pro Evolution Soccer 5 Beta Trial.

Only 1,000 trial members have been selected to take part from France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Holland, Belgium, and the UK, so ask you to be extra sensitive towards other trial members that will feel they are missing out.

Full details will be with you early next week, but can confirm now that the discs will be sent out to you on Thursday 21st July, so don’t have too long to wait!

The trial will also not be active for very long as Konami have very tight development timelines, and are likely to run 2 test nights in 1 week, with the possibility of a Sunday test, so your activity on the trial servers will be crucial.

If for what ever reason you feel you are not able to take part in the PES 5 trial for the next 2 weeks, please Email ‘betatrial@eu.playstation.com’ ASAP so we can recruit a replacement.

Have a great weekend!

Regards,

Joel Meadows
Trial Manager

:D

yep me too, can confirm that barring last minute pullouts PES5 will be online as I too have been selected to take part in BETA testing.

W00T!

Back
Top Bottom