Online questions, now that it is working!

uk_stanners

Conference
3 October 2003
N.Ireland
So, tonight i finally got online for the first time, and played some games, but i really didnt have a clue how i got to them... so i have some questions about online things... or just general points...

1. I never saw the symbols like last year to show the connection strength of a user... why not? or is it just different?

2. why can four people enter your game room? I like one v one...

3. If i create a room, sometimes it gets hijacked and and i cant chose the settings...

4. There are too many chelsea and barcelona teams... it pisses me off.

5. Whats with all the groups etc?

lucky you. Everytime I connect, I pass the DNAS and when testing the network environment puff!...I get an error message.

Lame Konami.

uk_stanners said:
So, tonight i finally got online for the first time, and played some games, but i really didnt have a clue how i got to them... so i have some questions about online things... or just general points...

1. I never saw the symbols like last year to show the connection strength of a user... why not? or is it just different?

2. why can four people enter your game room? I like one v one...

3. If i create a room, sometimes it gets hijacked and and i cant chose the settings...

4. There are too many chelsea and barcelona teams... it pisses me off.

5. Whats with all the groups etc?

Ok, here...

1. The connection strength is shown as small vertical lines now to the left of the playername inside the room, short, medium and long lines , took me a while to notice myself.

2. Virtually everyone at the moment is playing multiplayer games, i don't expect it to last as only 1 player games get you any ranking points.

3. When you create a room, try calling it "1v1 only please" and once you're inside your newly created room, press 'Participate in match', then YOU will have control of the room, then wait for a challenger to enter and participate too, then start match. It's a matter of who presses it first really....silly i know if it's YOUR room but what can you do? Just be quick. If you have control, you can kick players out before you start the match simply by pressing 'Cancel forced participation' and choosing who you don't want to take part.

4. I know what you mean, play as Real Madrid or Inter Milan against these teams. They're much better now than on PES5.

5. Groups seem pointless to me but it's the norm on other online games it seems. If you create a group and your friends join it, every time a member of your group wins a match, it wins you group points apparently, god knows what the purpose is but there you go. :D

cmrs said:
1. good connection
You refer to the pic of 2 bars as a good connection - so it doesn't just have to be 3 bars for a good connection?
Only on PES5 when it was 2 arrows, the yellow arrows, wasn't that slightly laggy?

Maybe 2 bars means a good connection now then?

3 bars exist too, and that's for perfect smooth game , 2bars are ok though, I wouldn't say 2bars = pes5 yellow, I'd say green

mrbojanglescdcfc said:
Surely the bars indicate your connection with that opponent, therefore they will see the same number of bars next to you as you see next to them?
Yeah I'd go with that.

mrbojanglescdcfc said:
Surely the bars indicate your connection with that opponent, therefore they will see the same number of bars next to you as you see next to them?

Could be taken that way, but this is not necessarily true. Say if player 1 has an upload of 512kbps and has no other computers on his network at the time etc... then he could appear as 3 bars to you. But lets say you only have 256kbps upload and have a PC on and on your home network at the same time, then you may only have 2 or even 1 bar to him. Download speeds are generally a fair bit higher (usually around the ratio of 4:1 but not always) than upload speeds, so if your opponent is blessed with a high upload speed, you could see him as 2-3 bars as he has enough spare bandwidth for it not to get clogged and you have a high enough download speed to handle all the packets without stacking/dropping. :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom