Online - The Verdict

M

MonkeyJug

i've played a handful of games now, in the english forum.

it saddens me to say that the halfs where the other guys hosts, the lag has been atrocious.

i'm on a 2mb cable line, ok - not the best but good enough and the game is pretty much unplayable because of the lag...

i am hugely disappointed.

Of course it depends on the other guy's connection. Or maybe your own provider is having troubles this night.

I think your way to early with your verdict, after a few games. If both guys have a good connection, the game will be close to lagless (= easily playable).

Don't forget to check the other guy's connection. Green means good. I only play against a green connection.

i hope so - it really is unplayable, and that is NOT an understatement! you will find yourself hoofing the ball as far up the field as you can when you not the one hosting, then pressing like feck when you are looking for goals. not the way it's meant to be!

even the slowdown is ridiculous - bordering on the outrageous (whichever is worse) :p

just finished another game, with a guy with 4 green bars...

the whole online experience is atrocious. i was so looking forward to this, hoping it wouldn't be far from playing someone sitting next to you, but it is nowhere near it, not even close...

i feel like i have been robbed today - both of my cash and a dream to play online pro evo. i expected a bit of lag, obviously, but what i wasn't expecting was just how utterly crap it is.

those who were planning on a sleepless night tonight, in anticipation of tomorrow's big release - do yourself a favour and forget about it. go to bed tonight, knowing that your hopes have been shredded. expect the absolute worst and maybe it won't come as so much as a shock, like it has for me...

Maybe you should just judge for yourself here, cause I haven't come across your problems at all. I've played about 15 matches now and I'm absolutely stunned by how great and smooth it runs.

I'm located in Germany and have played against peeps from Holland, Spain and England. Your problem definitely has to be somewhere in the details of your (or your opponent's) connection.

I've played PES4 online on Xbox and PC and therefore know how lag and stuttering look like, PES5 is like lightyears ahead of those in terms of online quality.

I don't know how to help you out here but I really hope you're gonna solve these probs somehow. Good luck!

RAISH said:
the xbox version will prove to be better, with better servers etc

Servers have nothing to do with this, the connection is peer-to-peer. The server only comes in during half time, switching host and joiner.

my online experience so far has been on a par, certainly not better than that of pes4 on pc - i never played the xbox version.

i had a 3meg ntl cable connection back then and the pes4 pc problems are all well documented. now i only have a 2meg adsl connection - it probably doesn't help matters, i agree.

i am going home to belfast tomorrow, and i'll be taking pro evo with me, so hopefully i will see a different side of the online experience. my comments may have been a bit harsh and premature, i just felt so disappointed to the point of anger - i really hope i have a better time tomorrow when i go home. i guess time will tell...

Uhm.. I've been playing almost 30 games online now and I haven't senced lag at all. Only a few slowdows at corners etc when alot of players are in the same erea, but nothing else. This was more or less exactly what I expected it to be. Of course it could be better, but since it's the first time I'm very satisfied ;)

I've played three games so far, the first one against captain_vieri was lagless, the second one the other guy lost connection (3-0 to me!) and the last game was against a pair of people from France. The first half was fine but in the second half the player movement would skip every three seconds which was a little annoying. I guess it's best to stick with the green connections and try to avoid pairs of people where best possible (Although they are on the same console so it shouldn't mattter that much).

But to play against someone in Italy from over here in the UK and have it feel like they are sat next to you was a very good experience, much better than the XBox and PC versions last year.

I'm from the UK, 2Mbit download, the obvious 256k upload. I have played my first 5 games of Online mode, and I can honestly say the first two were far from pleasant. However, these matches were both against the same player, and once I changed to a different player, the game ran pretty much perfectly. Extremely impressed, gonna go back and finish playing now!!!! :D

played a couple of games last night - same guy.

there were laggy bits and sometimes the players warped (in both halves - go figure) but I still had EXCELLENT games. Lost the first game 3-2 (after going 2-0 up argh - I blame lag for 2 of the goals :P) but managed to win 1-0 in the rematch.

I'd play more but I'm flying off on holiday in the evening argh!!

it really just depends on your opponents connection, i have 2mg of which 256 is up. So you are going to get a decent enough connection. I've tested my backup online and thats okay aswell. I'll let you know how I get on with a kit patch online.

My connection is BT 2mb. I have played around 40 games and there was only 2 that had any lag at all one was unplayable and the other split second lag every few minutes.

I AM NOT bothered by that at all 99% of my games have been perfect. ITS YOU!

Yeah, its nervy aticipation here, getting pes5 today and just order my network adaptor 5 min ago(man why do i have to always wait to the last minute:O )
Last year i bought an x-box and all the online stuff only to play pes4, needless to say i was shocked and appauled at the lag, same for pc but a bit better.

This year i was really hoping Konami would realise how important it is for them to make a lagfree online game,
Looking at peoples opinions on these and other forums, it seems %90 of the people are having a lag-free game most of the time, great im thinking, but then there is the %10 and my heart skips a beat,,,its fate that i will be in that %10,
Im away up here in Glasgow with my bt 1mb adsl. im just gonna keep my fingers crossed and if it turns out to be laggy for me i will probably take the plunge for ntl 3mb cable.

However i do have a question, I plan on getting my PS2 connected using internet connection sharing through my pc, does anyone have any idea if this method is more likly to produce lag that other methods of connection?
(my pc is high end and spotlessly efficient)

Back
Top Bottom