• FYI@all new content creators. Make sure the links to your mods and patches are in accordance to our forum rules regarding Monetization! Modders breaking them will find their corresponding threads removed without further warning or notice and their accounts banned as we see fit! As of the 24/11/2019 we no longer allow any form of Monetization for mods/patches that our members make. For further in detail information please check out the following thread: General Rules regarding Filesharing and Monetization By reading and dismissing this notice you hereby accept this policy and agree to its terms. Any violation to this will result in disciplinary action. Thanks for your attention!

Opening ports when NOT on a router?

russellclow

Conference
23 September 2004
Is it possible?

I have PES5, want to get in on the net. did all the network adapter stuff, tested it and everything works fine, he diagnostic test said no problems. When I go to playing PES5 online, it gets stuck on the "verifying "DNAS"" bit, and then says A DNAS Error (-402). Im guessing this is due to the ports, as I can get on the Network Access disks online central thing.

Every thread/internet site mentions about opening port 5730, but I dont have a router. I have 3 PC's, with the modem connected to one main PC and the other PC's linked to it via HUB and ethernet cables and then internet connection shared. I put the PS2 thru the HUB, and as I said, it recognises the connection, but won't connect to PES5's DNAS. I also have Norton Internet Security running on the main PC, which I disabled.

Any Ideas? I know theres alot of online threads etc, but I did do a search and didn't find the answer :/

Appreciate the help

Russ

JayM

International
17 April 2004
North Yorkshire
Celtic
Have you got a modded PS2? If so turn off your chip if not then I don't think it's possible to open ports when you don't have a router.

Are you sure your modem is not a router too?

russellclow

Conference
23 September 2004
Don't have a chipped PS2 no.

Urm, Im not sure about modem being a router. I have Telewest Blueyonder Broadband.

JayM

International
17 April 2004
North Yorkshire
Celtic
Error -402:

-402 sceDNAS2_SS_INVALID_MEDIA
Invalid disc. "DNAS Error (-402) A PS2 disc information error has occurred."

Don't think it's a port problem..

russellclow

Conference
23 September 2004
j4y3m said:
Error -402:

-402 sceDNAS2_SS_INVALID_MEDIA
Invalid disc. "DNAS Error (-402) A PS2 disc information error has occurred."

Don't think it's a port problem..

What could the problem be if its not ports? I was a bit perplexed when that came up 2. Rekon my patched version copied wrong? :o Might have to try it with my original retail version and see if it says the same.

are u using windows xp firewall aswell?

Not AFAIK :/

Top Bottom