Opening ports when NOT on a router?

russellclow

Conference
23 September 2004
Is it possible?

I have PES5, want to get in on the net. did all the network adapter stuff, tested it and everything works fine, he diagnostic test said no problems. When I go to playing PES5 online, it gets stuck on the "verifying "DNAS"" bit, and then says A DNAS Error (-402). Im guessing this is due to the ports, as I can get on the Network Access disks online central thing.

Every thread/internet site mentions about opening port 5730, but I dont have a router. I have 3 PC's, with the modem connected to one main PC and the other PC's linked to it via HUB and ethernet cables and then internet connection shared. I put the PS2 thru the HUB, and as I said, it recognises the connection, but won't connect to PES5's DNAS. I also have Norton Internet Security running on the main PC, which I disabled.

Any Ideas? I know theres alot of online threads etc, but I did do a search and didn't find the answer :/

Appreciate the help

Russ

Have you got a modded PS2? If so turn off your chip if not then I don't think it's possible to open ports when you don't have a router.

Are you sure your modem is not a router too?

Don't have a chipped PS2 no.

Urm, Im not sure about modem being a router. I have Telewest Blueyonder Broadband.

Error -402:

-402 sceDNAS2_SS_INVALID_MEDIA
Invalid disc. "DNAS Error (-402) A PS2 disc information error has occurred."

Don't think it's a port problem..

j4y3m said:
Error -402:

-402 sceDNAS2_SS_INVALID_MEDIA
Invalid disc. "DNAS Error (-402) A PS2 disc information error has occurred."

Don't think it's a port problem..

What could the problem be if its not ports? I was a bit perplexed when that came up 2. Rekon my patched version copied wrong? :o Might have to try it with my original retail version and see if it says the same.

are u using windows xp firewall aswell?

Not AFAIK :/

Back
Top Bottom