Option file with datel's xsata and xbox 360

T

topdraw10

Hi all im wondering i have a Xbox 360 and PES 5 I want to use the option file on my Xbox 360.

Using datel's Xsata hard drive adapter it is possible to transfer the option file for PES5 and use it when playing PES 5 on my Xbox 360.

Has anyone done it and does it work ok?

Many thanks

I too have a 360 and want to get a option file to the HD.

You can stream music, movies, pictures etc. from your pc to the 360 over the network, so surely you can transfere saved files to it.

ANyone done this?

Oasis mark, im afraid not, they dont allow the transfer of files to the Xbox 360 using a netork for obvious reasons "it would allow piracy and also possibly reverse engineering the console would be possible"

as for XSATA if you can open up the Xbox 1 Emulation partition and find your saved games then I can see no reason why you couldnt port across your XBOX PES5 option file. I havent heard anyone say "yes ive done it" or "No cant be done" so its worth a try. You need to understand the Saves directory structure and also how to port them across using Xplorer360.

DJ

Ive had a look at various sources and no where does it say "you cant transfer Xbox 1 Saves to you hard drive". What I have seen is the Xbox 1 Partition shown in a screenshot and them directories/folder structure do look very familiar from what was on my old modified Xbox. So in theory we could port across our option files without too much difficulty.

DJ

Well that was what I was thinking, I was gonna order a xsata to transfer the files.

The game must surley put the option file on the Xbox 360 hard drive in the same way it does on the Xbox.

After all the game hasnt changed. It should be just a case of finding the relevant folders on the Xbox 360 hard drive and swapping them over.

Id love to hear from anyone who has done it.

Many thanks all! :)

Yes it needs the Xsata thing so that you can transfer files to and from your XBox 360 hard drive.

Tutorial looks good and its the procedure I thought it would be.

DJ

If they can make music, video and pictures transferable to the 360, then why not save files.

Save games aren't piracy, and are a major park of gaming. MORE than pictures and music.

Bad move by xbox i think.

Maybe it will be availabe in a update if enough people moan about it

Datel and companies like that make cash out of xbox, buy providing a service people want but xbox don't provide.

Ok saved games yes I can see your point they should have allowed us to transfer our Original Xbox game saves from the start. But not MP3's and Videos etc.. I can see their point as to why they havent allowed us to do that.

DJ

Well I will be, on play.com you can order one for £30 quid, pretty good me thinks u can then use option files on every PES release from now on and also edit other games.

And lets not forget you can back up your hard drive if you ever have probs including games saves etc and all your demos and who knows what other downloads.

£30 very very well spent me thinks!

plus it looks well cool with the light on the side

:applause:

Has Datel released a tool for Xbox360 game saves to be transferred yet? If not I might have to get this.

Xplorer360 is the free tool which comes with XSATA Ash. Read up on it mate and it will tell you all you need to know.

DJ

Just to update this, very soon ill be giving this a trial run to see if it works kk :)

DJ

Any News DjDoc? Did it work? if so was it easy? if it work im gonna get 1 too

I know this is PES section of the forum, but I have Winning Eleveln 9 - should the option file work trick work on 360 for WE9 as well?

Does anybody own the device? Does it work and is it easy to transfer?

Very easy using the utility Xplorer360, I saw no reason why this wouldnt work when I first heard about XSATA :) means we can share PES6 360 option files next!

DJ

good is the Xplorer360 a easy program to use? because i just bought a xsata and im waiting on the delivery

Is 34.95 the cheapest you can get it for?

Dead Man said:
Very easy & it works a treat!

http://www.divineo.co.uk/cgi-bin/div-uk/index.html

Cheaper here

I saw your post and now have received Xsata and have spent 6 hours with no success trying to get Option File on to my 360.Please can you help I have followed video instructions and also various ones off PESFAN but still have no Option File on my 360.Please post an idiots guide step by step as I MUST be doing something really stupid and am on the brink of madness with frustration.Many thanks in advance.

stuwolf said:
I saw your post and now have received Xsata and have spent 6 hours with no success trying to get Option File on to my 360.Please can you help I have followed video instructions and also various ones off PESFAN but still have no Option File on my 360.Please post an idiots guide step by step as I MUST be doing something really stupid and am on the brink of madness with frustration.Many thanks in advance.

I just followed the video instruction mate.

Sorry

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/1021322/-/Product.html?searchstring=xsata

Cheaper

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom