Option File - Xbox 360

H

hsuboy

Now that WE9 has been compatbile for the 360, is there any way of transferring an option file into the system?

terranova said:
@ hsuboy - any developments on this front? I'd like to know as well. Thanks.

I found a website http://360gamesaves.com that has a tutorial on how to transfer files. Its just that someone has to create the option file from scratch. Wish Datel would make an Action Replay for the 360.

OK. My contribution. I did further research after my earlier post. And also did further experimentation after getting the Datel transfer kit as well as the xplorer360 software from 360gamesaves.com.

Long story short - we can't import existing WE9 option files to the 360 as backward compatible game saves will only work when it's on the 360's hard disk and not memory unit. Also, backward compatible game saves cannot be transferred from memory unit to 360's hdd and vice versa.

The only solution as of now:

(1) either dissect your 360's hdd and connect to your pc via the technique shown on 360gamesaves.com and copy the option file over from pc to hdd using xplorer360 (copy to partition3/compatibility/xbox1/udata folder); or

(2) if you're a pussy like me when it comes to removing the 360's hdd from its casing, then wait for an external adapter like the ones the guys at 360sata.com are mass producing, plug that to your pc's usb, and use xplorer360 to copy the option file over to the 360's hdd.

Hope that helps.

I've also found out you can purchase Datel's XSATA and transfer the option file over the 360's HD. The memory card won't let you transfer old files over. I'll purchase this soon and let you know how it goes. I hate the fact that while playing Milan in Live, that Vieri is still there. Need to get the updates.

By downloading the option file over, would the people I play against see a different roster than mine if our option files are different?

I've ordered the XSATA as well last Friday and it should reach me very soon. Will update once I get it.

*$%$%#$%@$#@# Just received an email from Datel. Self-explanatory.

Subj: 10017XXXX
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 17:45:35 +0100
----------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir/madam

We have temporarily ran out of stock on this item, we are expecting
more stock in May when your order will be despatched

Regards
Support

Order: 10017XXXX
Order Date: 4/8/2006 1:27:07 AM
Order Status: Complete & Despatched

Product Name Quantity Price Each
XSATA 1 $39.99

Bull-shit. Take my $ and tell me it was despatched and now this?? wtf?

I received the same letter as well. Guess we're on the same boat :shock:

Back
Top Bottom