Option Files for PES6 (360) or "How will they work?"

Hi, i just ordered one of thes Xsata's from PLAY.COM, what i would like to know is, how long is the usb lead is you get with the xsata, and does my 360 have to be connected to the tv, when i am transfering files,or has it just got to be plugged into the mains the reason i ask this is that my pc is about 15 feet away from my 360.
thanks

Cant you just connect using an ethernet cable and media share with your pc, allowing you to copy other the option file?

How can you transfer old Xbox 1 Saves? Xbox 1 games REQUIRE the Hard Drive as it has a special partition on it.... Surely you would need to use XSATA for the Hard Drive?

DJ

djdoc360 said:
How can you transfer old Xbox 1 Saves? Xbox 1 games REQUIRE the Hard Drive as it has a special partition on it.... Surely you would need to use XSATA for the Hard Drive?

DJ

That sounds sensible to me also, and I've never tried the memoryunit solution.

And as far as old xbox games you've right, they do need a HD to run (MS has to install an emulator) but I'm not sure regarding saves.. If anyone can confirm that it's possible to save an OF to a memunit, then you may convert the datels imageformat with XIC and load it to 360xplorer and extract the file, edit it and so on, insert it back to the image and restore it to the memunit.

I haven't tried it, so I can't verify it. I use Xsata myself..

Ill only be using it for nextgen games though, what the deal with the saves being connected to the xbox, i mean will pes6 gamesaves be sharable?

tiktiktiktik said:
Ill only be using it for nextgen games though, what the deal with the saves being connected to the xbox, i mean will pes6 gamesaves be sharable?

Well the title for the site http://www.360gamesaves.com says pretty much yes I'll guess..

"We've noticed lately that a few people are uploading Datel Xchange360 Format save files to our database. Since these images are not compatible with Xplorer360 we bring you XIC. This little tool will input Datel's .z36 images and convert them to Xplorer compatible .bin's.

Note: Xchange360 merely creates a full backup of your memory unit. The .z36 images are just that. Once converted and the image opened within Xplorer360 you may extract the needed files from the image and place them to your device or simply restore the .bin to your memory unit."

So 360 gamesaves are already being shared. We'll have to wait until PES6 is released to be absolutely sure for that particular game, but it seems like it's possible...

So anyone know of any memory card trasnfer tool that I can buy from stores in the high street i.e. not online :)

ashmufc not so sure on that mate, ive looked around for XSATA and the Datel Memory Unit connector but cant find it in any high street stores in my area.

DJ

I am not going to buy the XSATA before I've played the demo of PES6.
Because PES6 is the only reason why I would buy the XSATA.

Hopefully the demo kicks ass! :)

Last edited:
XSATA eventually could have other uses :) I could see it as a way of soft modding or using special cheat devices.. someone will crack this on the 360 sometime.... Maybe we will get the holy grail that is Homebrew on 360 :)

DJ

The XSata is cheaper from Play Asia whenever they get it back in stock which should be very soon. The datel transfer kit will only allow you to make an image of your current memory card so unless someone managed to have an option file on their 360 and uploaded and shared, there is not much use for that piece of kit. Xsata available here: http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-tug-71-df-49-en-84-j-70-1bxf.html

kensutz thanks for that info I had a feeling it wouldnt be much cop for what we wanted.... looks like XSATA is what I will order from play.com

DJ

djdoc360 said:
XSATA eventually could have other uses :) I could see it as a way of soft modding or using special cheat devices.. someone will crack this on the 360 sometime.... Maybe we will get the holy grail that is Homebrew on 360 :)

DJ

You could be right! :)

I don't think there will be any issues with the file. Konami would lose sales if they didn't allow this to happen. And besides your gamertag info is seperate from game files. Only the achievements are locked to the GT, otherwise you'd have problems with multiple profiles. Aswell as the fact that you can delete game saves without taking the gamer points away.

I'm getting the xsata I think.

i'm pretty new to xbox360 but would like to know what transfer device would be best to go for? my pc is nowhere near my XBOX however so would i be best going for the USB Datel cable thing to transfer direct to a memory card? or should i get the xsata and just move the xbox next to the pc to transfer date, which will save me buying a memory card (i have a premium so dont have a mem card at the mo)

i would appriciate any advice. thanks!!!

Xsata looks like the only viable option. You'll need the image file to be created to use the Datel cable which limits you and you need someone else to upload an image file for you. Order the xsata on the link above for cheaper.

So there will be no problems with the Xbox 360 save protection algorithm, that caused so much grief with the old Xbox's "upgraded" option files?

I hope not. I might just get it for the PC if this rears it's ugly head again........

I wonder if we can do something at the 360-version of PES 6.
There seem to be NO sufficient editor at PES 6. Looks like you only can edit names, but complete transfers of players are impossible.
Is there an external option-file editor which still can do the transfers?
If not, I bought Xsata for nothing, it seems :(

Han said:
I wonder if we can do something at the 360-version of PES 6.
There seem to be NO sufficient editor at PES 6. Looks like you only can edit names, but complete transfers of players are impossible.
Is there an external option-file editor which still can do the transfers?
If not, I bought Xsata for nothing, it seems :(

I take it you only read half a thread. ;)

Turns out somebody made it up. :roll: Saying that though there is no official word on how extensive the editing features will be. I'm sure they will be as good as normal. 8)

No, I did read all of it, but by the time I posted this, it was not clear how much of the editing function will be there. Even Konami told ME the editor will be limited...
That's why I am still not convinced; I do not find the sources of those posts very convincing.
So my question still remains if some of the geniusses overhere can make an editor of their own :)

Back
Top Bottom