Option Files for PES6 (360) or "How will they work?"

Himawari

Far from home
3 March 2006
Philly, PA
A.S. Roma
This topic is exactly as the Title says. The game's release is soon aproaching, and I was wondering, does anyone have an idea how the distrobution of modified Options Files will be handled in the fan community? Files that are stored on the 360's Hard Drive or Memory Unit are "property" of the GamerTag whom created it. While some games DO support the swapping of saves, you are un-able to get Gamerpoints.

Is there a way of hoaxing the save while on a PC hard-drive? I do assume that one will need a tool such as the SATA kit or a Memory Card transfer kit (as you will need to access the file, duh).

There is one other possibilty that I can think of for this release. A
"Profile" being a seperate save from the Options File. The profile having ownership, while the optionfile is just a file that it calls upon for rosters and such. What is the possibilty of Konami doing this?

I think Konami IS well aware that these modifications do exist, and thus is the reason for the all-mighty optinos file. what does the PES community say? :D

i think youv'e pretty much said it all mate to be honest

i will buy xsata (like max drive) as this will be the easiest way of transferring option files

Datels XSATA is the answer, this will become more popular especially after PES comes out and people start making them great option files.

DJ

I guess my question was more, how will we work around the protection system on the 360 :/ not how we will transfer them. After thinking, would it be possible to release something that inserts the corrected data into a save that you have moved to your PC? So that you still are in ownership of said file?

Himawari said:
I guess my question was more, how will we work around the protection system on the 360 :/ not how we will transfer them. After thinking, would it be possible to release something that inserts the corrected data into a save that you have moved to your PC? So that you still are in ownership of said file?

Sorry mate!

Some people worry too much :) the XSATA does all the hard work so we dont have to.

DJ

so does this xbox360 transferer work exactly the same as the Xsata? why is it so much cheaper?

Last edited:
No idea, and because there's no memory card supplied with it. Unlike on the old console where a memory card was supplied with the save devices.

looks like the Xsata will be cheaper then

cos on codejunkies.com if you buy that transfer cable then you need to buy a memory card with it...about £70 in total

perhaps i got it wrong

so iv'e already got an xbox 360 memory card so all i need now is the transfer kit?

With Xboxlive i think you can download many things (like pes6 option file for example)

yeah but they wont release an OF officially on live as thats breaking the licsencing law.

but the xsata is £30 on play.com

with this transfer kit and mem card, it works almost the same, except xsata guarenteed to work

xsata is the best coice in my opinion.

hope the editing mode on pes6 allows for more logo slots. that will make it easy to replicate every kit almost perfectly.

XSATA plus your XBOX 360 and hard drive and of course a PC to transfer the option file over from.

DJ

This may sound like a stupid question, but i've done some research on the Xsata. It seems that the idea is that the 360 and the PC can have access to the hard drive. Does that mean that the Xsata has to be connected to the 360 all the time? Because my PC and 360 are separate, and it would be a hassle to set it up near my computer everytime i want to transfer a file.

In my mind it would work that you have the Xsata connected to the PC as like a 'dock' and then you can pop off the 360 hard drive and 'dock' it when you want to add files.

It would only need to be connected when you want to transfer stuff to and from the PC, other than that you can leave the cable unplugged and use ur 360 as normal but having said that it draws power from the 360 to run the HDD, the USB cable just deals with the file transfers.

DJ

so your xbox360 has to be by your pc. My xbox360 is downstairs and me pc is upstairs. Can you use the xbox transfere kit and the portable memory?

I think so provided you can copy game saves across to your Memory Unit and you can see them using Xplorer360.

DJ

Wonder if it will be compatible with the Utility Xplorer 360 which is used to interrogate whats on the 360 Hard Drive?

DJ

Back
Top Bottom