Paris incident

how do you all explain the american guy who went all commando style with his wife and killed 14 people in paris style attack.

1. he wasnt poor
2. he made a good living
3. he was educated
4. he was treated as an equal

Now im not suggesting we go ape shit and blame any culutre or religion, but this guys sure as shit isnt a victim... I dont see the difference between this asshole and the assholes in paris

There's something that needs to be mentioned here; Syria.

Look at Syria before this shitty war started. Syria was a very self sufficient country and economy. I don't think they had any debt even. A very fertile country. Their people were very hard working. Their government, though I think were corrupt, gave the people free education, from preschool to university. Their government also always made sure everyone had shelter and food. There was almost no homeless nor starving person. They had equality. People from different backgrounds were allowed to study and work anywhere and even become government officials. Their prices were cheap; from food to clothing to whatever; just not the imported products though, as they wanted their people to not depend on imports and try create everything within. Self sufficient, self sustained. They had great tourism.

All this went to shit right after it was publicized that Syria had substantial amount of Natural Gas, and the government refused a pipeline deal that was supposed to go through Syria from Qatar to Europe or something along them lines. The Syrians from what I read/heard have struck a deal with Russia. The west was neglected. Then what happened? War.

Oh man, what a coincidence.

Look at Syria now. Torn to shreds by the likes of lunatics who call themselves Muslims, and other countries' armies. The death toll has reached over 250,000 people, 30,000 of them children. THIRTY THOUSAND F*****G CHILDREN. From ONE country. No one ever heard of these kids. Not one of you heard of them. But it's not your child, so it's ok. No global mass media constantly and repeatedly cries about them. Syria was an extremely safe place. 100+ innocent lives in Paris die and the cries and flags raised everywhere, and governments screaming death to Syria! Governments want to bomb Syrians ever harder. Why no equal treatment there? Murdered innocent civvies are murdered innocent civvies everywhere. Murdered civilians in a specific country doesn't make them any more privileged. A life is a life anywhere.

The hypocrisy is through the stratosphere. The mass media and the world should denounce EVERY crime, not find biased reasons to justify them.

And the refugee numbers? 9 million +. That is a scary number. 9 million people have left their war-torn used-to-be-safe country in a few years. These people left and are leaving horrific scenery for a reason. They want life, not death. These people would much rather have stayed were they were if this war hasn't erupted. They were forced out. And now seeking shelter in safe countries, they are faced with rejection. They can't live in their bloody country, and they're not accepted elsewhere. Where are they supposed to go?

Before any smartass says "Send them to their Arab brothers huehuehue!", there many many of them all over Arab lands. There's around 1 million in tiny Lebanon, another million + in Jordan, more in the Arabian gulf, Egypt, Sudan, Libya, etc. Then there are the ones wanting Europe.

This is just a post in a thread in a forum lost in the internet ocean. And this is just an extremely tiny glimpse, if any, on Syria. I'd want each and everyone of you to try imagine all this, and rid yourself of selective sympathy from the comfort of your couch.

And this is only Syria btw. Now go figure trying to imagine the tons of other countries with shitty situations and innocent people murdered in cold blood and mistreated from the Americas to Europe to Africa to Asia to Oceania. So much to take in; overwhelming and extremely complicated than a simple response to a post.

Are you blaming the west for the civil war? This goes back to the 'Arab Spring'

Can you not tell the difference between an intentional massacre and military action to bomb IS (and help the Kurds on the ground)?

I can't explain that, my friend.
I think nobody here said that if you give those people equalize opportunities, one will exclusie acts like these.
What i'm pretty sure of, is the fact that giving everybody equalize opportunities will produce less terrorists.

This is opening a can of worms I realise, but Gomito, where do you stand on gun laws in the US?

I agree with most of your amazing post, except this :

All this went to shit right after it was publicized that Syria had substantial amount of Natural Gas, and the government refused a pipeline deal that was supposed to go through Syria from Qatar to Europe or something along them lines. The Syrians from what I read/heard have struck a deal with Russia. The west was neglected. Then what happened? War.

What happened in Syria is a true and genuine revolution against a tyranny, a revolution for freedom and dignity. The Syrian regime was (and of course still is) a dictatorship, there was no democracy, the president inherited the power from his father, no elections. No other party is allowed to be in the head of the state.

so, the regime didn't wait so long to begin killing innocent protestants, and as always he pretended to fight terrorists, until real terrorists came from everywhere after months of killing innocent people. And the regime is exploiting really well the presence of these terrorist to keep telling the world he's the solution, and to justify his brutality against his opponents.

the other shit of big countries (USA, France, Russia, Iran, ...) is just a Game of Thrones, a House of Cards : Politics.

but the first responsible of all the blood is the Syrian regime, he could have done like Morocco did, when some hundreds of protestants went to the streets, the king gave them what they wanted (sort of) : elections, constitution, some freedom, some raise in salaries, .....

I agree with most of your amazing post, except this :

What happened in Syria is a true and genuine revolution against a tyranny, a revolution for freedom and dignity. The Syrian regime was (and of course still is) a dictatorship, there was no democracy, the president inherited the power from his father, no elections. No other party is allowed to be in the head of the state.

so, the regime didn't wait so long to begin killing innocent protestants, and as always he pretended to fight terrorists, until real terrorists came from everywhere after months of killing innocent people. And the regime is exploiting really well the presence of these terrorist to keep telling the world he's the solution, and to justify his brutality against his opponents.

the other shit of big countries (USA, France, Russia, Iran, ...) is just a Game of Thrones, a House of Cards : Politics.

but the first responsible of all the blood is the Syrian regime, he could have done like Morocco did, when some hundreds of protestants went to the streets, the king gave them what they wanted (sort of) : elections, constitution, some freedom, some raise in salaries, .....

There's no denying they're dictators, him and his father before him, but they've been doing so for so long. Their agents were everywhere and no one would dare utter a single word against the gov. If that ever happens, the person is gone missing. That oppression even extended to Lebanon. Syria was ruling Lebanon from behind the curtains for so long. Despise that though, a lot of good came from that government; equality, safety, great economy, no national debt, almost no poverty/homelessness, great tourism, great free education, etc. Just keep your mouth shut about the president and his people and you should be good.

What was also one of Syria's great pros was religion/background diversity and tolerance. Syria had people from Armenian, Russian, Kurdish, Turkish, East European, Assyrian and of course Arabian backgrounds with all their different religious beliefs; Islam, Christianity, and Judaism with all their different sects, all living together in harmony. I'm really not exaggerating. So this sudden explosion of intolerance now doesn't make any sense. Why now? Again about the revolution against the government, why now? How's a it coincidence it happened right after that great natural resource was discovered?

Anyway, we took this way off-topic. In the end my point is one; as humans, first and foremost, we feel sympathy for every living thing on this earth. Selective sympathy is not something we should stand for, because that makes us hypocrites.

I'm right in the middle of it. Surreal atmosphere in Brussels.
The bomb exploded in the metro station i use every day, i was there half an hour before the explosion...
Belgium is in complete lockdown (not only Brussels) and that is ridiculous.

At the moment there are no trains whatsoever in Belgium. I wonder howi and 100.000's of other commuters will return home.

We have a very rightist government and have armed soldiers in the Streets since the Paris bombs...Always knew they were completely useless...

Seeing stuff like this makes me picture my 21 month old niece in that situation and I become the biggest pro-torture, pro-profiling War Hawk around.

Obviously you need to tackle the problem with a cool head but with the stampeding wussification of the west, with pro-Islam 'feminists', anti-freespeech 'progressives', and the rest of the PC mass immigration ostrich brigade, it becomes difficult, even when calm, not to feel the need to compensate for these idiots by acting more hawkish than I actually am.

RIP :(

Glad to know you're ok, Gerd. Stay safe. Hope your family and friends are safe too.
Earlier today I checked on a friend from Belgium, she's fine and family too.

The most bizarre for me: I was going to be in Brussels when it happened today. But instead I chose to travel 1 week later and take the course I'm about to take in Bordeaux instead.

Mind blowing. And unfortunately I have to agree with Godoteli. PC brigade and softies are allowing the situation to get worse at the very heart of Europe.

Come to think of it, that was a hell of a quick response by a terrorist cell. Following the arrest of the guy from the Paris attacks, it just took them 4 days to retaliate? Makes you think they can pull that stuff off on a whim, whenever they feel like it.

Now people will have to come to terms with their losses and try to get back to normal life. I hope the Belgian and French people can do that, because that's precisely what they wanna take away from us.
My deepest condolences.

Come to think of it, that was a hell of a quick response by a terrorist cell. Following the arrest of the guy from the Paris attacks, it just took them 4 days to retaliate?

Speculation is the attacks were already planned they were forced to bring them forward because of the arrest as they knew the police were onto them.

Speculation is the attacks were already planned they were forced to bring them forward because of the arrest as they knew the police were onto them.

That would make perfectly sense.
The reaction of our minister of internal affairs might also have provoked a response.
He takes this very rambo-esque attitude which is very un-Belgian.

Glad to see you're ok, Gerd.
A mate of mine travelled to the US a few days before 911. Few days later and... It's these close calls which really brings home the fact that you can plan all you want but there's not much you can do when someone is determined to kill.

The security at the Euros will resemble a warzone.

No Belgium-Portugal next Tuesday.
In a way i understand, but now THEY have won...shame.
I know it's sad, but believe me it's unplayable for Belgium players, it's like France few days after the terror in Paris, France play in London but all players are completely (avoir les jambes coupées) legs cut, despite the desire to move forward...

gerd my condolances. im glad u are ok and came back to this forum specifically to see if you are ok

Media have made a show of the bombings.
And amid all the garbage, there was this.
I couldn't agree more (not about Brittain, because i don't know the situation enough).

http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...in-paranoid-politicians-isis-atrocity-belgium
really? England is the new east germany? And we brits now how to handle terrorists, look what we did to Northern Ireland? Sounds like a complete fuckchop idiot to me..

This is a laugh

"They relied on the police and security services to guard against a threat that could never be eliminated, only diminished. On the whole it worked, and without undue harm to civil liberties."

My friend, i will be a litle bit more specific. The part i totally agree with ends with the sentence: 'His approval rating immediately jumped'.

Meanwhile our politicians do everything they can to confirm Belgium's (unjust) image of a failed state. I'm ashamed about our leaders.

Sunday (Easter) there was supposed to be a demonstration against violence. The Brussels mayor and the minister of Internal affairs banned this demonstration under the (logical but uncorrect) pretext that all the police forces in Brussels are chasing terrorists.

At the same time they already knew that their would be a 'spontaneous' demonstration of a collection of football hooligans from all teams and did nothing to prohibit this demonstration. The holigans met outside Brussels, took the train ran riot in Brussels and marched to the Place de la Bourse wich has become the memorial where people come together to commemorate the victims. There they fought with people who came to really commemorate. They were outfitted in balaclava and wore neo-nazi symbols. In the end the anti-riot police had to use water canons and tear gas to expulse them.

The first reaction of the Brussels mayor was that Flanders exported his ultra-right scum to Brussels (Flanders and Brussels have different governments, Belgium has 6 different governments and that is not a joke). By saying this he took revenge on the national minister of Internal affairs (who is Flemish) who had said that Belgium is not a failed state, but Brussels a failed city...

The victims don't deserve this...

Back
Top Bottom