Patch Switcher

K

KoRnIssues

Hi everyone!

I sit down for a while to code some kind of patch switcher.
And now I'm adding a language support.
English language file is ready to test.
So I decided to post my program in the evo web.

It's a beta version but works stable.
Some german guys like it. :mrgreen:

There in no english readme file yet but if you are interested you can download my program. The

english readme will be released within the next few days.

Here are the features:
- You can switch between up to nine different patches
- You can also switch exe files and Kitserver's GDB folder (if activated) or switch subfolders of GDB individually
- Patches can be attached with names or images
- Automatic detection of new patches
- Running patches by using shortcut parameters

And here are some pics:

start.jpg

patches.jpg

Here an example for renaming files for three different patches

dateien.jpg

If you have questions, suggestions or criticism post it in this thread, please.
Also report bugs here, so I can try to fix them as fast as possible.

And here is manual (also included in Readme file (german) :( ):

1. Unpack the programm to any directory

2. Start Patch Switcher with PatchSwitcher.exe

3. Go to menu "Options->Settings", choose tab "Miscellaneous" and select PES game folder resp.
option file path up to folder "save" (by using combobox you can set the folder e.g. folder1)

4. If this works the current patch is registered as "Patch 1"

5. To integrate more patches you just take other files of 0_text.afs e_text.afs, 0_sound.afs,

e_sound.afs and option file or folder of option file (depending on settings) and rename them
following the listed schema (note that there are more options like switching exe file or
kitserver's GDB folder):

Patch 2:
1_0_text.afs.patch
1_g_text.afs.patch
1_0_sound.afs.patch
1_g_sound.afs.patch
1_KONAMI-WIN32PES6OPT.patch oder 1_folder1.patch (optional)
1_PES6.exe.patch (optional)
1_GDB.patch (optional)

Patch 3: 2_0_text.afs.patch
2_g_text.afs.patch
2_0_sound.afs.patch
2_g_sound.afs.patch
2_KONAMI-WIN32PES6OPT.patch oder 2_folder1.patch (optional)
2_PES6.exe.patch (optional)
2_GDB.patch (optional)

etc.

If you rename files while running the program you can detect patches by using "Find patches"
So you can use up to six patches
Note that for all settings you made there must be the associated file e.g. if you want to
switch exe file too, there must exist an exe file for each patch

6. If everything works well you are ready to switch between two patches

Running patches by using shortcut parameters:
---------------------------------------------
With this function you have the possibility to create a shortcut for every patch and launch PES 6

including this patch by using a special shortcut.

1. Click right on PatchSwitcher.exe an choose option "Create Shortcut"

2. Another right click on displayed shortcut and choose "Properties"

3. Find textfield "target" and add the expression "-patch0" behind quotation marks if this shortcut
should launch the first patch (e.g. PES 6 - Original)

Example:
"C:\Games\Pro Evolution Soccer 6\Patch Switcher\PatchSwitcher.exe" -patch0

4. So you can start all registered patches by using shortcut parameters

Advanced Kitserver settings:
----------------------------
With the advanced settings you can switch kitserver's subfolders individually.
In special tap "kitserver" you activate these settings by checking the option "Advanced kitserver
settings". Now you see that advanced kitserver panel is enabled and you can choose between three
different options: "none", "folder" and "map". If you put a kitserver folder to "none" you tell the

program not to switch this folder. For example if "balls" is turned to none so it works for all
patches and there need not be any patch folder of this one like 1_ball.patch etc. The second option
"folder" is used to switch the full folder. For example if you want to switch the "uni" folder
select the option "folder" and add a folder "uni" for each patch you have got (like 1_uni.patch,
2_uni.patch, ...). It is important that you have got a folder for each patch otherwise it is not
guaranted that every patch is identified. And last but not least the "map" option: This will only

switch teh map of a folder. It is usefull if you have two patches which use e.g. the same kits but
same teams of this patches have different IDs. So you need not to copy a whole folder, you just use

another map.

Patching a folder:
------------------
For all of you who do not want to patch files by your own there exists this function.
And is works like this:

1. First complete all settings how you want to switch your patches (e.g. switching exe file,

kitserver settings, ...)

2. Then copy all files you need (e.g. if you use option "Switch exe file" you have to copy the exe
file) to any folder folder you want (note: if you use any kitserver settings you just need
to copy GDB folder with it's subfolders). Do not use any directories (only kitservers GDB
folder). Just copy all afs files and option file (and the other file like selected in settings
dialog) to the same location.

3. Now select "Patch folder" in "File" menu an choose your folder with all these files in it.
If there are no problems that means all files would have been found the program renames these
files according the next not registered patch number/ID.

4. If the program has finished you only need to move the patched files to their normal folder
(e.g. afs files to dat folder, GDB to kitserver folder, etc.)

Download Links:
-----------------------------------------------

Download Patch Switcher 0.9.0
Download Patch Switcher 0.9.1
Download Patch Switcher 0.9.1a
Download Patch Switcher 0.9.2
Download Patch Switcher 0.9.3

RELEASE NOTES: coming soon ...

-----------------------------------------------

ATTENTION: You must install Java Runtime Environment (Version 5.0)

Link: http://www.java.com/de/download/manual.jsp
Do not use Internet Installation. Download Offline Installation (> 15 MB)

If this does not work use that link (german website)
http://www.chip.de/downloads/c1_downloads_13014576.html

Supported languages:
Unterstützte Sprachen:
German (g_text.afs und g_sound.afs)
English (e_text.afs und e_sound.afs)
Italien (i_text.afs und i_sound.afs)
Spanish (s_text.afs und s_sound.afs)
Polish (p_text.afs und p_sound.afs)
French (f_text.afs und f_sound.afs)

Here are some pics from german PES Downtown users:

To install just replace the patch image in folder "img" by one of these or of your own one.

bulipatch.png

Buli-Patch Logo von dPM_HeMan

evopatch.png

Evolution-Patch Logo von Magguz

superpatch.png

Superpatch Logo von nt89.net

superpatch2.png

Superpatch Logo von PES Playa

PS: Sorry for the bad english :D

Last edited by a moderator:
nice one mate

will help me to decide whether i want to play with evo or K patch =D still unsure

Sorry guys! I can't find the problem. If anybody has some hints to fix this, please post it here.
I think the problem is java's internationalization.
It'll take some time to fix the this.

I think it does not work with english Version/Language of Windows XP. German guys do not have any problems while executing this program.

I've got an idea:
Try to change language in config.ini.

[Misc]
Switch Option File=true
Switch Exe=false
Switch Opmov=false
PES Version=6
Language=default

Change Language=default to Language=en_uk

Is the fix available soon? The program is not working for me (english user).

I don't know what I can do about this.
Do you try to fix this problem like I wrote in my last post?
Does it work?
To fix this problem I need somebody who can test new versions.
I will perhaps upload a new version tomorrow, but I think that will not fix this problem.

If nothing will work I implement a hardcoded version with english language support

I don't know what I can do about this.
Do you try to fix this problem like I wrote in my last post?
Does it work?
no still doesn't work, still same strange problem ;/
To fix this problem I need somebody who can test new versions.
I will perhaps upload a new version tomorrow, but I think that will not fix this problem.

If nothing will work I implement a hardcoded version with english language support

i can test new versions for you:)

no still doesn't work, still same strange problem ;/

i can test new versions for you:)

Ok, but I will take some time because I must finish some reports for university.

Hey whan can you try version 0.9.1a. Found some wrong files in jar file.
Don't know if it helps.

:applause:

Haaa, now works great ;)

PS
can you add Patch Switcher support for polish p_text and p_sound language files?

Last edited:
Man, i'm gonna get crazy with this, i cannot make this works, every time tell that without Op File, someone knows what it happens? Or knows about other tuto to play with 2 patchs, preferencially with pics

Thanks

How the hell works this tool??it's impossible to make it work!!

Yeah,i solved!!!!and it's an incredible work!!!congratulations to you!!

Last edited:
The Patch switcher is a great idea, i can't get it to recognize option files for patch 1, 2 etc, it recognizes only the one for patch 0. any help would be appreciated. thnx in advance

w00t.. awesome program man!

this is the most innovative 3rd party for PES i have ever seen

and to the guys having problems make sure you put the 1_PES.exe.patch in the main PES folder, otherwise it won't detect your patch. Thats what happen to me and I was stumped as to why it wasnt workin.

:APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD:

And you applied required naming schemes to OF too?

I've been using 1_KONAMI-WIN32PES6OPT.patch scheme for OFs of "non-active" patches and it always worked like a charm

A bit of an off-topic but I'm sure you're the one who can help me..

I was developing (in Java) something like this (well, way more simple: it was all hard-coded because I know I'm using the original PES6 and just one patched PES6) that allowed me to choose between the "clean" PES6 install (without either kitserver or any patch) and the 08/09 patched PES6, with just clicking a button (by swapping the entire "docs\KONAMI\save" and the entire "Program Files\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 6" folders) but I really couldn't find the way to launch the PES6 executable.

As soon as I launch the app, it asks me which version I want to run, and it DOES rename the folders properly. But everytime it launches the game, I get an "AFS file not found" error and the game closes itself (it returns me 0 as return value then I guess it has ended "normally"). Funny enough, if I try to launch the game manually after the folders have been renamed by the app, everything works a treat.

So I was wondering, how did you manage your jar to launch PES6 without having this error?

These are the things I already tried:
- Test the SAME jar with PES5: It worked
- Test the SAME jar with WE9: It worked
- Try different exe's (no-DVD vs. original exe): None worked
- Try to rename the folders manually, then launch the jar: It didn't work
- Try to launch the jar (with rename-back methods commented so they wouldn't run) then (once renamed the folders) launch PES6 manually: It worked

Any help would be appreciated..
Thanks in advance!!

PS: If you need the source code of the main class just tell me and I'll post it here when I get home (I don't have the USB pen with the eclipse workspace here with me now)..

[edit]
Wow, I just read the dates of this thread.. Hope someone will be able to suggest me something anyway, even if the thread author seems to have disappeared..
[/edit]

Last edited:
I`ve never tried Java, but maybe I can help. PM me the part of the code for which you think it contains error (part used for folder renaming, and executable launching).

I`ve never tried Java, but maybe I can help. PM me the part of the code for which you think it contains error (part used for folder renaming, and executable launching).
I'll be back to you with the code in the evening, as soon as I come back home..
Thanks in advance!!

Back
Top Bottom