Patching 360 pes6 instead of editing? Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

esquire8

Non-League
29 September 2005
OK i know the 360 aint gonna have a option file la-di-da-di-da but i just thought since there is downloadable patches for 360 games on marketplace, would it be possible using xsata (or whatever it is) to put a patch for pes6 on your hd? Could definetly save this game from possible disaster!

Doubt it, file has to be digitally signed to run, wouldn't work unless mod community reaches their goal, long time from now if ever.

esquire8 said:
OK i know the 360 aint gonna have a option file la-di-da-di-da but i just thought since there is downloadable patches for 360 games on marketplace, would it be possible using xsata (or whatever it is) to put a patch for pes6 on your hd? Could definetly save this game from possible disaster!
Due to the huge amount of protection on the official hard drive (the only hard drive the console will read game data from), you could not patch the game this way (apart from using official patches, which I doubt Konami will release anyway).

Sorry.

Jack Bauer said:
Due to the huge amount of protection on the official hard drive (the only hard drive the console will read game data from), you could not patch the game this way (apart from using official patches, which I doubt Konami will release anyway).

Sorry.

Its actually very easy to put files on the offical harddrive, updating option files for player names is very possible. Using XSata or in my case Team xecutor's HDD adaptor , which is really cheap.

Unfortunetly at the moment, patching wont be possible until we can run unsigned code on a 360, whatever that means.

Last edited:
Which was my whole point...

Of course you can get player name option files for the 360. Not team name, team kit, transfers or anything else option files, though. Or "patches" with real kits.

Well if people are playing backups on there 360 after flashing thier dvd drive firmware.....
Then you must be able to backup PES6 onto your PC and patch a few ads,music,kits,player names etc then play your games offline (like xbox) from a new burn.

no, unfortunately as soon as you change the code of the game ie. changing the kits, you change the signature of the game itself, making it unable to run. Like someone said above, until you can run unsigned code on xbox360, patching pes cant happen.

Well editing one txt file to sort out player names can be done maybe if the size of the file is maintained the same? or am I wrong again!

It's not about the size, I don't think, it's a lot more complicated than someone like me could ever understand.

If you can't run unsigned code and you can't change anything in the option files bar player names and stats, then there's no point in wishful thinking, there won't be a way. At least, not before PES 7 or 8 is out. Even then, you couldn't play on Live as Microsoft would patch it as quick as Bill Gates earns a dollar - but hopefully by PES 7 or 8 we'll have the edit mode back anyway.

Jack Bauer said:
If you can't run unsigned code and you can't change anything in the option files bar player names and stats, then there's no point in wishful thinking, there won't be a way. At least, not before PES 7 or 8 is out. Even then, you couldn't play on Live as Microsoft would patch it as quick as Bill Gates earns a dollar - but hopefully by PES 7 or 8 we'll have the edit mode back anyway.
you sure you guys dont work for MS?!?!?!? hahaahah you guys crack me up, this game will be easliy patchable...

Every one of the last three or four posts you have made has been predicting something, between one and ten years into the future, with absolutely no evidence.

You show me a patched game on the 360 and then come back.

The console WILL NOT RUN UNSIGNED CODE. If it's altered in any way, the code is not the same, and it's that fucking complicated it would have to be altered for every single patch and every single update to a patch. It won't happen.

But keep dreaming. You don't need a patched PES to enjoy it, do you? Or so you keep saying.

Have fun.

in short - if u could patch the game, then the pnly way you culd get it to play is if you sent it back to ms and have the key put back in the finalise the code. and have a guess wether or not ms would do that for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom