Paul Merson, player from PES shop, still playing

Thefootballing

League 2
15 July 2004
Arsenal "the gunners"
Hi, i just wanted to ask if you have seen what incredible stats paul Merson has in PES5. He is a pes-shop player.
I' m doing a kinda of fanta-pes with friends, with team created by us by a virtual market, and we decided that pes shop players are okay if they have the right age and still play somewhere as professionals.
I asked myself if Paul Merson is really that strong, since he plays for Walsall in league one (Serie C for italians) and he has stats of a player playing for a big club like Barca Chelsea or Milan.
I don' t even see his name in the top 15 scorers of league one.
If someone knows him,(some Walsall supporter or whatever) could he please tell me if he is really that strong or these stats refers to the player Merson used to be years ago? Thanks.

merson7ln.jpg

That is for sure his stats when he was much younger. Otherwise he wouldn´t be in the PES-shop, plus a 37 years old player wouldn´t have these kind of stats.

This "virtual market" is the best way to play W11, in my opinion.

I do exactly the same thing with my brother and a cousin!!!

I thought no one else in the world actually play this way!!

\\:o/

newblood8 said:
That is for sure his stats when he was much younger. Otherwise he wouldn´t be in the PES-shop, plus a 37 years old player wouldn´t have these kind of stats.

Well, Paolo Maldini is 37 and is still one of the world's best left backs!

Chaotic Guy said:
This "virtual market" is the best way to play W11, in my opinion.

I do exactly the same thing with my brother and a cousin!!!

I thought no one else in the world actually play this way!!

\\:o/

Well, we do an on-line tournamet with about 80 members in Italy, but we also have some players from Germany :).
If you want to join us you' re welcome.
I can tell you for sure there are about 4 or 5 "associations" around Italy doing this off-line with PS2.
One is in my town, another in Rome etc.
I played the one in my town then i quited and i took the idea bringing it on-line.
I think we are the first doing this on-line.

Last edited:
ricola_pak said:
Can anyone explain to me what a virtual market is?

Well you kinda "make" your team in a forum. Everyone starts with the same virtual amount of euro and then through virtual auctions, money offers for players etc. There are some rule to respect, like a maximum amount of expense for players prices etc.
At the end each team must have 22 players in the roster and then we do a tournament with 4 series (A, B, C and C2) and cups etc.
For example i have a team with Hildebrand, Bolf, Cocu, Ballack, Shearer, Beattie etc.
I hope i' ve explained it well.

newblood8 said:

Well that' s not true. In the pes-shop there are also still playing-player which are made with nowdays stats. Players like Signori or Pagliuca or De Boer twins are them now, not them in the past.
That' s for sure, If a player is classic he doesn' t have his real age in the game. I think the Merse is meant to be the 2005 one, otherwise he wouldn' t be 37, but he was made a little too strong :)

Back
Top Bottom