[PC] FIFA 14 Classic patch

Just got 16 and am excited for that version of the patch, but after watching @MafiaMurderBag's playthrough of the full 14 version, I'd like to try this one too.

I really like FIFA 16, but haven't really enjoyed much of the rest of the series because every team played the same and stuck with PES. Is it worth taking a $20 flyer (cheapest I've found) on FIFA 14?

Just got 16 and am excited for that version of the patch, but after watching @MafiaMurderBag's playthrough of the full 14 version, I'd like to try this one too.

I really like FIFA 16, but haven't really enjoyed much of the rest of the series because every team played the same and stuck with PES. Is it worth taking a $20 flyer (cheapest I've found) on FIFA 14?
Glad to know you enjoyed the stream, I go back to this game a lot, Using the right sliders and cl.ini file (I'm using Matt10's from this thread) You can really turn this into a truly dramatic and consequential game of football. It often gets overlooked by FIFA 16 because, well.. It's a great game of course but much like Retro PES - Each classic FIFA game has it's own identity and not to mention the quality of this patch - It makes it feel like an official game - Like a true encyclopaedia of retrospective football.

I like this patch, but do not have Fifa 14. It's not available on steam.
My laptop does not have a disc drive, so does anybody know where i can buy a non-disk version of fifa 14?

If you already owned it before it was removed from sale then you can still download and play it through Origin but it's no longer in the store for new customers.

Luckily it seems FIFA 14 still has Origin codes available on Amazon for ÂŁ7.99;
https://www.amazon.co.uk/FIFA-14-PC-Code-Origin/dp/B00E9G37ZG

Once these run out your only options are key resellers or piracy.

I remember not getting FIFA 14 on PC at the time because it was still the 360/PS3 port.

If you already owned it before it was removed from sale then you can still download and play it through Origin but it's no longer in the store for new customers.

Luckily it seems FIFA 14 still has Origin codes available on Amazon for ÂŁ7.99;
https://www.amazon.co.uk/FIFA-14-PC-Code-Origin/dp/B00E9G37ZG

Once these run out your only options are key resellers or piracy.

I remember not getting FIFA 14 on PC at the time because it was still the 360/PS3 port.
Argh I just went to buy this but I’m in Australia and Amazon won’t let me :(

Are there any special camera settings in this patch? Currently using tele but in some vids i see very realistic broadcast cams.

Are there any special camera settings in this patch? Currently using tele but in some vids i see very realistic broadcast cams.
Try putting this at the top of your cl.ini and then regenerate. It gives you more freedom to adjust camera via the in game menu.

CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_COOP = 500
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_BROADCAST = 500
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_TELEBROADCAST = 500
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_DYNAMIC = 500
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_TELE = 500
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_PROCAM = 500
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_BROADCAST = 0.050
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_TELEBROADCAST = 0.050
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_COOP = 0.050
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_TELE = 0.050
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_DYNAMIC = 0.050
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_PROCAM = 0.050

Try putting this at the top of your cl.ini and then regenerate. It gives you more freedom to adjust camera via the in game menu.

CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_COOP = 500
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_BROADCAST = 500
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_TELEBROADCAST = 500
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_DYNAMIC = 500
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_TELE = 500
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_PROCAM = 500
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_BROADCAST = 0.050
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_TELEBROADCAST = 0.050
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_COOP = 0.050
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_TELE = 0.050
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_DYNAMIC = 0.050
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_PROCAM = 0.050

Thanks for this, now all i have to do is find the cl.ini.......which i cannot. Sorry but when it comes to fifa modding i'm a complete noob.
Checked all my folders but do not see this file anywhere, i'm playing with the classic patch installed.

Thanks for this, now all i have to do is find the cl.ini.......which i cannot. Sorry but when it comes to fifa modding i'm a complete noob.
Checked all my folders but do not see this file anywhere, i'm playing with the classic patch installed.
Download this. If you want the gameplay changes (which I think are great) then keep it the way it is. If you just want camera settings then delete everything aside from what I listed above. Also just rename it to cl.ini

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kx7d122i163ora2/cl%282%29.ini/file

@MafiaMurderBag said classic patch already has improved gameplay preinstalled. so i don't see the point of mixing two gameplay mods in one patch.
I think you may be mistaken, I don#t recall stating this?

FIFA 14 Classic Patch doesn't include a gameplay mod, Which is why I suggest using the cl.ini @Anth James shared above to improve the gameplay.

It's from @Matt10 thread below as well as his reccommed sliders for this game

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/fifa-14-nostalgia-pc-sliders.75417/

@MafiaMurderBag said classic patch already has improved gameplay preinstalled. so i don't see the point of mixing two gameplay mods in one patch.
It does? This is the exact cl.ini he was talking about in a post earlier on this page. To my understanding he’s paring this with Matt’s sliders. Either way, I was answering a question regarding the camera settings (which happen to be in the same file).

Thanks for the ini file, will definately check it out.
Can you tell me some more about the gameplay changes?

I think you may be mistaken, I don#t recall stating this?

FIFA 14 Classic Patch doesn't include a gameplay mod, Which is why I suggest using the cl.ini @Anth James shared above to improve the gameplay.

It's from @Matt10 thread below as well as his reccommed sliders for this game

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/fifa-14-nostalgia-pc-sliders.75417/

well, you wrote that classic patch already has revolution mod preinstalled, so i understood it already has revolution mod gameplay included.

Thanks for the ini file, will definately check it out.
Can you tell me some more about the gameplay changes?
I don't really know 14 well enough to provide heaps of feedback. I went straight into playing with this cl.ini as it was recommended and so far I'm really impressed with the gameplay. Give it a go and see what you think.

Well, just tried it for 1 match......it's definately harder.
Game seems a bit slower too which is a good thing. CPU certainly blocks a lot more of my passes.
Also noticed a lot more fouls, mostly by me though.
Will have to play some more.

well, you wrote that classic patch already has revolution mod preinstalled, so i understood it already has revolution mod gameplay included.
Oh the revolution mod isn't a gameplay mod, its an lua script that basically allows the game to read files from folders rather than BIG files to prevent regeneration everytime we install a modded file, similar to kitserver.

Oh the revolution mod isn't a gameplay mod, its an lua script that basically allows the game to read files from folders rather than BIG files to prevent regeneration everytime we install a modded file, similar to kitserver.

then i completely misunderstood you.

i thought revolution mod, besides everything else, features also gameplay improvements.

I must say I'm really enjoying Fifa 14 with this classic patch.
First of all, the game plays really nice. There is a bit more variation in cpu attacks (although they could shoot a bit more).

Then there are all these nice animations, like them cpu blocking your shot or putting a foot out to intercept your pass.
What looks really good are the goalkeepers animations. Nothing floaty, but real nice reactions where the keeper deflects my shots to the side.
Some reactions look really cat like, without being unrealistic.
Also i see much less skating and more momentum.
I tend to use sprint too much on defense, so i overrun and the momentum make me run past the attacker.....love it.

But what is greates about this one : all those great classic teams.
Love my Ajax from the '80s where Cruyff, van Basten, Kieft and Jesper Olsen were all in the same team!
Plus as a Dutchman it finally give me a chance to get revenge on those lost world cup finales!

@MafiaMurderBag - I'd read about your stream of this earlier in the thread but I hadn't actually seen it until just now.

I'm going to drop it in here for people to take a look at, especially people who maybe haven't tried the patch (or can't because they don't have a PC), because it's really good. Brilliant stuff mate.
Thanks a lot Chris, Really appreciate it. Such a fun patch. I streamed this one when I first started streaming and was trying to figure out the settings so the resolution is a bit lower...

I did another one last night in better quality which is here if anybody is interested. (Might wanna skip the first few minutes as YT was taking a while to sync to my stream software 🙄)

question about "cl.ini" - do we need to use custom sliders also with this file or it's ok to use it separately?

With the cl.ini, if I add @Anth James' file, do I need to do anything more? I hear "regenerate it" but I'm not sure how to do that. I've done minor bits of that in FIFA 16 but didn't want to screw this one up.

This FIFA 14 Classic patch is incredible. I mean, I spend more time looking through all the teams in edit mode than I do playing, and it just takes me back. The game is fun, too. Like @MafiaMurderBag says, it's a little cartoony, but it's a little more forgiving for a novice like myself, particularly when it comes to attacking. I wish I could allow myself 5 hours just to plow through a bunch of different matches on it, so I'll just watch your stream!

Back
Top Bottom