[PC] FIFA 14 Classic patch

question about "cl.ini" - do we need to use custom sliders also with this file or it's ok to use it separately?
You can use the sliders on their own I suppose, I reccommed using the INI too though it's worthwhile for the additional AI tweaks as well as unlocking the camera sliders.
With the cl.ini, if I add @Anth James' file, do I need to do anything more? I hear "regenerate it" but I'm not sure how to do that. I've done minor bits of that in FIFA 16 but didn't want to screw this one up.

This FIFA 14 Classic patch is incredible. I mean, I spend more time looking through all the teams in edit mode than I do playing, and it just takes me back. The game is fun, too. Like @MafiaMurderBag says, it's a little cartoony, but it's a little more forgiving for a novice like myself, particularly when it comes to attacking. I wish I could allow myself 5 hours just to plow through a bunch of different matches on it, so I'll just watch your stream!
You have to regenerate FIFA 14 in order for it to read your cl.ini file, Here's a video below that shows you how to do it, It's pretty simple.

Do you guys know why I only have 90-99 squads after installing the patch? I did: fresh install+AIO 2.4 patch+2.5+regen, did I miss something?

P.S.: I've added commentary packs and cl.ini file as extra, but don't think they caused this bug.

Do you guys know why I only have 90-99 squads after installing the patch? I did: fresh install+AIO 2.4 patch+2.5+regen, did I miss something?

P.S.: I've added commentary packs and cl.ini file as extra, but don't think they caused this bug.
Every time you want to play with squads from another era you have to unpack the dlc and db files of said era. You unpack them in the folder where they are, and overwrite the files that are already there. Do this in both the game folder and data folder.

After that you regen, and you can play the teams from the chosen era. You have to do this every time you swith to another era.

Every time you want to play with squads from another era you have to unpack the dlc and db files of said era. You unpack them in the folder where they are, and overwrite the files that are already there. Do this in both the game folder and data folder.

After that you regen, and you can play the teams from the chosen era. You have to do this every time you swith to another era.
That explains those .rar files in the game folder, alright. But how many DLCs can I use at the same time, I see you're talking about switching between them, I guess there is a limit then, isn't it? I would like to have teams from 60-70s to 2010s, 5 or 6 DLCs, is that possible?

That explains those .rar files in the game folder, alright. But how many DLCs can I use at the same time, I see you're talking about switching between them, I guess there is a limit then, isn't it? I would like to have teams from 60-70s to 2010s, 5 or 6 DLCs, is that possible?
Not sure what you mean exactly.
There are 8 different era's as DLC (1950s, 1960s, 1970s etc etc) and you can only pick one at a time.
So, if you want to play for example dutch national team from the 70s against Brazil of the 90s, this is not possible.

The fun - for me - is being able to recreate all those tournaments from the past.

no, only one dlc.

you have older dlc's in "old" folder where you have different database with longer periods, but club teams were not single season ones.

Not sure what you mean exactly.
There are 8 different era's as DLC (1950s, 1960s, 1970s etc etc) and you can only pick one at a time.
So, if you want to play for example dutch national team from the 70s against Brazil of the 90s, this is not possible.

The fun - for me - is being able to recreate all those tournaments from the past.
Oh, OK, too bad. Will it be the same with FIFA16, do you know? A bit tedious as a process honestly ...

no, only one dlc.

you have older dlc's in "old" folder where you have different database with longer periods, but club teams were not single season ones.
OK, thanks for the info.

Is there something as close to this patch but for PES (no matter which version, but >2010)? Like if you have to choose the best PES classic patch of the last decade, which one will it be?

Is there something as close to this patch but for PES (no matter which version, but >2010)? Like if you have to choose the best PES classic patch of the last decade, which one will it be?

new world league soccer by @adams06 and euro football '90s & history of euro and world cups 88-06 by @chule and @duzizou .

Last edited:
The Every Four Years patch for PES 2013 has all the World Cup teams and might be what you’re looking for
Looks very promising, I'll definitely give it a try, thanks.
Is there by any chance something similar but with the clubs instead?

Looks very promising, I'll definitely give it a try, thanks.
Is there by any chance something similar but with the clubs instead?

Not at this level. This Classic Patch is the complete patch for clubs and national teams, giving you multiple databases to switch between eras easily. Newer PES versions don't have anything near this - you will find some classic patches with historical/all-time teams and certain seasons, but nothing so complete as this one. PES 6 (and 5) are really the only comparable games because of their long life span and re-playability, but even then, PES had a limited number of team spots available to use, so you will find a season or a particular era, but nothing as in-depth and complete as this. Perhaps newer PES' just weren't as popular or as long-lasting for someone to take a project like this, either.

Not at this level. This Classic Patch is the complete patch for clubs and national teams, giving you multiple databases to switch between eras easily. Newer PES versions don't have anything near this - you will find some classic patches with historical/all-time teams and certain seasons, but nothing so complete as this one. PES 6 (and 5) are really the only comparable games because of their long life span and re-playability, but even then, PES had a limited number of team spots available to use, so you will find a season or a particular era, but nothing as in-depth and complete as this. Perhaps newer PES' just weren't as popular or as long-lasting for someone to take a project like this, either.
Thanks for your input, much appreciate it. I'll try to give more chances to the Classic Patch I guess, even if I don't like FIFA gameplay very much (I tried EFY but I gave up after some bugs/crashes).

hmm, i'm having strange microstuttering after updating to v2.6. already reported on soccergaming thread.

I would love to give this a try. But you need original Fifa 14 game to play this, right? Or is there something like Sany installer thread for Fifa games by chance?

do you know how they created the Database ,Madball?
Its always hard to create accurate stats for classic players

Well a big let down of this patch is that the ratings are completely wrong. Its just some random quick work i think
Shame cuz the graphics works are awesome

do you know how they created the Database ,Madball?
Its always hard to create accurate stats for classic players

i think (but i'm not sure) they used stats of each player when he was on his peak. but you should ask on their facebook or soccergaming site.

I got to know about this patch some time ago, never got around to actually looking into, I've done almost all the stuff, just need to regen now and get the teams I want, and I'll be ready to go. Might be some days before I actually can post my thoughts about it.
Got less time recently, but exams are ending tomorrow.

Alright, I got time to play today, finally getting a week or so break
This patch is so so good, insane work must have gone into it, so many decades of clubs and national teams. FIFA 14 was always a good game for me but it was a bit too fast too sometimes. But patches like this are honestly next level.
I am not sure how these patches are even free since they could easily sell this for $40
But the fact that they just want to contribute and keep the game alive and the classic about it is phenomenal and that too for free

I've just bought this on PlayStation for £1 on eBay ..other than a lack of fouls what a great game , forgot how good it was . My only issue is I can't find how to do a regular league it custom tournament ..there meant to be a +more option on the main menu but it isn't there for me

Great Patch! Has anyone else noticed that the commentator calls Stuart Pearce (England 1990) Barrett? I did notice another error with a call name but cannot remember who it was. Is there a way of correcting this?

Great Patch! Has anyone else noticed that the commentator calls Stuart Pearce (England 1990) Barrett? I did notice another error with a call name but cannot remember who it was. Is there a way of correcting this?
Yeah, some times commentators call some players different names. I don't know any fix for it, but it is not a huge annoyance for me anyways lol

Also , about the FIFA 16 port of the Classic patch, it includes only the National Teams, am I right? It's interesting but do any of you know why? Suppose @MafiaMurderBag would know

Yeah, some times commentators call some players different names. I don't know any fix for it, but it is not a huge annoyance for me anyways lol

Also , about the FIFA 16 port of the Classic patch, it includes only the National Teams, am I right? It's interesting but do any of you know why? Suppose @MafiaMurderBag would know
I don't know for certain if it's nationals only but if it is than I presume the reason is because the FIFA 16 version of the patch is still pretty new and it's a lot of work replicating the work from 14 to 16, So they decided to prioritise national tournaments first than clubs.

If you haven't than FIFA 14 Classic Patch is certainly worth trying if it's clubs your after, They're covered in exhaustive detail!

Back
Top Bottom