PC Gaming

Total War Saga - Troy

Is free on Epic store for today and today only - So be quick.

Just grabbed it.... dont know if I want to start to sink teeth into this at the moment. Last TW I enjoyed was Rome 2. I liked the mechanics of TW3K but I wasn't really into the Chinese era.... Let me know if you give this one a try....

Most of the information has already been leaked about the new cards.

The only thing missing is the benchmark scores.

And prices? I havent seen anything official, unless something just leaked out. Im keeping an eye out for the 3060 and whatever AMD releases

And prices? I havent seen anything official, unless something just leaked out. Im keeping an eye out for the 3060 and whatever AMD releases

Prices were leaked about a week ago, but this was before leaks were becoming confirmed by various sources.

3090 - $1400
3080 - $800
3070 - $600
3060 - $400

I just want to know when they are going to be available to buy, as will be buying the 3080 on launch.

Last edited:
UK Pricing for new cards:-

3070 - £469
3080 - £649
3090 - £1399

Personally I think these GPU's are excellently priced and there will be a massive amount of people upgrading from certainly the 1000 series GPU's.

I know this is the PC thread so apologies in advance, but, looking at those performance levels and prices... Do we know if the next gen consoles will have anything close to these cards? Because if not, they're already absolutely pointless from a performance standpoint, right?

I know this is the PC thread so apologies in advance, but, looking at those performance levels and prices... Do we know if the next gen consoles will have anything close to these cards? Because if not, they're already absolutely pointless from a performance standpoint, right?

If what is rumoured to be true from the next gen:-
PS5 = RTX 2060
XBOX = RTX 2080
Personally I would take the above with a massive pinch of salt.
The Xbox seems right with performance of 2080, but I would think the PS5 will be more 2070 performance.
Although it does seem clear the Xbox is going to be significantly more powerful than PS5.

Going by the performance above the RTX 3080 will have double the performance of the RTX 2080, effectively being able to produce twice the FPS of the Series X and much better performance in RayTracing.

The RTX 3090 which is £1400, is an absolute mammoth, I mean serious mammoth.
It has 24GB Ram on the card alone, can play Control and COD in 8K @60FPS with Ray Tracing on - It is a serious piece of hardware.

Nvidia have pushed gaming manufacturers to release 360Hz displays which are coming later this year - So Nvidia clearly know these cards can hit 360FPS in HD or 1440P.

I thought there was going to be a generational upgrade of say 20%, but they have doubled the performance on these cards.
The next gen consoles are high end current gen - Nvidia have really pulled the buck out with the biggest generation leap ever.

Last edited:
Nvidia have really pulled out the stops.

The RTX 3070 is a 2080ti beater at $500...
The RTX 3080 beats the 2080ti by up to 2x..

This here is killer... I was aiming for an eventual 3060 for around 300-400, but that 3070 @500 is very tempting.... maybe some holiday sales can push it down $50....
Would you know whats a recommended wattage for these cards?

Maybe AMD competition made NVIDIA not gouge prices so much.... Big navi better come with kitchen sink

This here is killer... I was aiming for an eventual 3060 for around 300-400, but that 3070 @500 is very tempting.... maybe some holiday sales can push it down $50....
WOuld you know whats a recommended wattage for these cards?

I read a few days ago for the RTX 3080 and 3090 they recommend a 850W PSU, as the cards can draw up to 350W of power on their own.

But for the 3070 probably a 650 would be fine.

Would you know whats a recommended wattage for these cards?

Maybe AMD competition made NVIDIA not gouge prices so much.... Big navi better come with kitchen sink

The 3070 comes in October..
Personally at the price they are going to be available, I would get the 3070, as your getting current $1400 of performance for $500.

I think with the kind of disappointment of the 2000 series, not many people upgraded from 1000 series models.
Even in the launch the Nvidia guy said now there is a significant difference in the cards it is now time for them to upgrade.

Also based on what Microsoft and Sony are stating to be their graphical power by banging on about Teraflops:-

PS5 - 10.28 TF
Xbox - 12 TF
2080 Super - 11.35 TF
2080Ti - 13.45 TF
3070 - 20.31 TF
3080 - 29.77 TF
3090 - 35.58 TF

Although TF doesn't tell the whole story, it does kind of point to what I believe that the Series X will sit around the performance of a 2080 Super.
Whilst the PS5 will be around a 2070.

Also based on what Microsoft and Sony are stating to be their graphical power by banging on about Teraflops:-

PS5 - 10.28 TF
Xbox - 12 TF
2080 Super - 11.35 TF
2080Ti - 13.45 TF
3070 - 20.31 TF
3080 - 29.77 TF
3090 - 35.58 TF

Although TF doesn't tell the whole story, it does kind of point to what I believe that the Series X will sit around the performance of a 2080 Super.
Whilst the PS5 will be around a 2070.

Wow.... I wonder what AMD has in store and how they will undercut the price from NVIDIA. Something like a competitor to the 3070 but at $399?

Early benchmark leaks from China:-
Take with a pinch of salt until actual benchmarks are released on Monday.

Results:

Max settings for all of these, running on the press driver for RTX 3080 reviews (456.16). 10700k @ 5ghz, 4133 cl17 32gb

Forza Horizon 4 - 4K at 150FPS
Far Cry 5 - 4K at 100FPS
Borderlands 3 - 4K at 61FPS
Horizon Zero Dawn: 4K at 76FPS
Assassin's Creed Odyssey: 4K at 67FPS

Shadow of the Tomb Raider:
RTX with DLSS OFF - 84FPS at Native 4K
RTX with DLSS ON - 100FPS at 4K

Control:
RTX with DLSS OFF - 50-60FPS at Native 4K
RTX with DLSS ON - 100FPS at 4K

Death Stranding:
DLSS OFF - 100FPS at Native 4K
DLSS ON - 160-170FPS at 4K

3DMark Fire Strike Performance: 31919 (+25% 2080Ti, +43% 2080S )
3DMark Fire Strike Extreme: 20101 (+24% 2080Ti, +45% 2080S )
3DMark Fire Strike Ultra: 11049 (+36% 2080Ti, +64% 2080S )
3DMark Fire Strike Time Spy: 17428 (+28% 2080Ti, +49% 2080S )
3DMark Fire Strike Time Spy Extreme: 8548 (+38% 2080Ti, +59% 2080S )
3DMark Fire Strike Port Royal: 11455 (+45% 2080Ti, +64% 2080S )

EhfE2vWXkAIpf3s

The only problem is AMD have missed the boat.
They should of gotten there RDNA 2 event done before the release of the new Nvidia cards.
The only reason I can think they wouldn't, is their cards are once again unable to compete with high end Nvidia GPUS.

As for their processors, I really hope they can match Intel for gaming performance.
If they finally do it this year, then I will upgrade to the latest AMD.

The only problem is AMD have missed the boat.
They should of gotten there RDNA 2 event done before the release of the new Nvidia cards.
The only reason I can think they wouldn't, is their cards are once again unable to compete with high end Nvidia GPUS.

As for their processors, I really hope they can match Intel for gaming performance.
If they finally do it this year, then I will upgrade to the latest AMD.

Completely agree, I feel they thought the NVIDIA GPU were going to be at ridiculous prices but with what they showed, they would seriously have to undercut NVIDIA to get the buzz going. Seems like even if the prices are 50-100 lower, going by historical, NVIDIA would be the smart buy (hopefully AMD gets driver issues ironed out before release).

As for the CPU, I'm not too concerned, they seem to offer good value in gaming vs intel (price to performance; performance being a few fps better in intel) . AMD since Ryzen have delivered. I know what you mean that intel has had the upper hand but they'll gouge you with their prices...

I have a 9900k and with Intel messing up the 10 series I didnt bother upgrading.

I am very interested though in upgrading to a new AMD CPU, but the gaming benchmarks have to be good.

@Chuny
So after spending a couple of months with my G7 and seeing the prices they were selling for on eBay - (I sold mine for more than I paid for it.)
I decided to get rid, it was a fantastic monitor, but 32" was just too big for me I was constantly just scanning the screen, although great for games, general computer use wasn't so good.

I have now ordered the LG 27GN950-B, which is a 144Hz 4K Gaming Monitor.
Reviews have been very good for it and people who own say the colours on it our incredible + I think it is the perfect combination of being able to do 144Hz and have 4K resolution.
Paired with my soon to arrive 3080, 4K 144Hz for me is going to be the ultimate way forward.

Yes even though I don't think the ea play is completely worthless in pc, last I checked there want really anything for me except a few battlefield games. I wish they kept the pc pass without ea for 9.99$. I think I'll end up getting it for a few months as I'm still trying out a couple of games. Once I buy them will probably cancel

I only got it originally for FS 2020, but there is actually quite a lot of games on there.
However since the price is going up to £7.99, I just don't think the games on there I might play are worth the money.

EA Play just has a lot of older EA games and allows a 10 hour trial of the new ones..
You can get every EA game for free with a £50 subscription to EA Play Plus, and is by far the best value subscription service available.

And here I am with my rx570 and 1080p tv....

Hope to upgrade soon... Let's see what the 3060 comes out with...

Rumour at the moment is the 3060 is going to be announced early October with an end of October release.
However in that bracket of GPU, I would wait for the RDNA2, as AMD tend to offer the best bang per buck on the mid range graphics cards.
AMD will most likely offer a card with the performance of a 3070, but with a 3060 price tag.

Back
Top Bottom