PC Gaming

I only got it originally for FS 2020, but there is actually quite a lot of games on there.
However since the price is going up to £7.99, I just don't think the games on there I might play are worth the money.

EA Play just has a lot of older EA games and allows a 10 hour trial of the new ones..
You can get every EA game for free with a £50 subscription to EA Play Plus, and is by far the best value subscription service available.

I just extended my Game pass for PC for 3 years @ $5 ($180), then upgraded to ultimate for $1 and it turned my 3 year sub to Ultimate. So basically now in my microsoft account it says I have ultimate account until 8/17/2023. If I was on the fence of getting an Xbox, this pretty much tells me I have to if it includes EA Play and Xcloud.
3 years of gaming on PC and Xbox for less than the price of 3 full priced games is not a bad deal....

Well it has the 20-30% performance increase I was expecting and able to now run most games in 4K @60FPS on Ultra Settings, except Flight Sim.
I was expecting it to be slightly better performance than being reviewed, but for £650 can't really go wrong.

There is a good side though, that it appears games like BF5 run at 130FPS 4K Ultra.

Hopefully I can get one tomorrow, or I will be purchasing the 3090.

Last edited:
Managed to get one from Scan..

MSI 3080 Gaming X, and scheduled to arrive tomorrow
Time for PS6 visuals :)

Did you have to upgrade any part of your PC for it as to not bottleneck it? I want to get one but even the 3060 means I need a bunch of other upgrades

Did you have to upgrade any part of your PC for it as to not bottleneck it? I want to get one but even the 3060 means I need a bunch of other upgrades

I won't need to upgrade anything in my PC for this card.
But I do plan on upgrading at the end of the year for the new AMD processors if they can beat Intel on gaming.

The only thing they have stated is they recommend you have a 850W PSU for the new 3080 cards, so that is probably the only thing you will need to make sure you have.

My 3080 never arrived on the Friday as was stated in every email I got from Scan and throughout the whole checkout process.

It appears that the 3080 was in so little supply, that Scan were selling them without even actually having any in stock of certain models.

Now a member of staff from scan stated they only ever got 350 of them in stock of various models.
200 of them were allocated to new system builds, with 25 being put back for customer walk-ins at 2PM.
So they only had 125 cards available with many of the models not being in stock at all.
Now I know that my card had about 500-600 people viewing it at the time of purchase, so god knows what number down the pre-order list I am.

Either way it seems that it is going to be a very long time before I get my 3080, in fact there is little doubt I will get my PS5 first.

My 3080 never arrived on the Friday as was stated in every email I got from Scan and throughout the whole checkout process.

It appears that the 3080 was in so little supply, that Scan were selling them without even actually having any in stock of certain models.

Now a member of staff from scan stated they only ever got 350 of them in stock of various models.
200 of them were allocated to new system builds, with 25 being put back for customer walk-ins at 2PM.
So they only had 125 cards available with many of the models not being in stock at all.
Now I know that my card had about 500-600 people viewing it at the time of purchase, so god knows what number down the pre-order list I am.

Either way it seems that it is going to be a very long time before I get my 3080, in fact there is little doubt I will get my PS5 first.

Sorry to hear that... seems that launch was a mess here in the US as well as retailers online went from "pre-order soon" directly to "out of stock". Then theres videos of bots placing orders for 3-4 at the same time....

Yes there is big information online that all the cards on the Nvidia site were purchased by bots.

Hence why as soon as the cards now appear on ebay they are bidded up so not letting people resell.

Arseholes - So near yet so far..

Does not bode well for my plan to get a 3060.
Are these cards always on low stock for like a year or so? Or that was just the 2xxx series?

However, if you have the card on your signature, I think you should be OK for a bit

What's the preference for gaming pad on the PC? I have a DS4 but lately Ive been having trouble with bluetooth so Im just thinking about getting a XBOne controller which is just plug-n-play. I still have a long USB cable that works with the DS4.... but that's just nasty

What's the preference for gaming pad on the PC? I have a DS4 but lately Ive been having trouble with bluetooth so Im just thinking about getting a XBOne controller which is just plug-n-play. I still have a long USB cable that works with the DS4.... but that's just nasty

Whatever suits you TBH.

I use Xbox controllers as find them a lot better than PS4 controllers.
But many prefer the PS4 pad.

Both work fine on PC, so it is down to personal preference.

Whatever suits you TBH.

I use Xbox controllers as find them a lot better than PS4 controllers.
But many prefer the PS4 pad.

Both work fine on PC, so it is down to personal preference.

My DS4 had been working perfect on my PC via bluetooth for years. But about 6-8 months ago an update of either the drivers or Win10 just broke it and it cannot keep a connection for more than some minutes... Have tried so many fixes that I'm at the point where I'm just ready to buy a XBox controller as they seem to just be fully compatible. Too bad bc I have a couple of DS4s

My DS4 had been working perfect on my PC via bluetooth for years. But about 6-8 months ago an update of either the drivers or Win10 just broke it and it cannot keep a connection for more than some minutes... Have tried so many fixes that I'm at the point where I'm just ready to buy a XBox controller as they seem to just be fully compatible. Too bad bc I have a couple of DS4s
How did you connect your ds4 to pc before ? Is the bluetooth still works normal for other devices ?
You can try scptoolkit.. it works great with my dualshock3, they support ds4 too.. however, it will make your bluetooth unavailable for other things other than for the gamepad though.

How did you connect your ds4 to pc before ? Is the bluetooth still works normal for other devices ?
You can try scptoolkit.. it works great with my dualshock3, they support ds4 too.. however, it will make your bluetooth unavailable for other things other than for the gamepad though.

Ill give it a try. I always connected via bluetooth before... Now I have a wired one but even though it works, I miss the wireless "clean" look. At first I thought it was my bluetooth driver on my pc, so rolled back to old ones, that didnt work.. Also thought it was my PC so I connected headphones via BT, listened to music on the other room without drops...

Will try scptoolkit Thanks

I won't need to upgrade anything in my PC for this card.
But I do plan on upgrading at the end of the year for the new AMD processors if they can beat Intel on gaming.

Upgrading to 5xxx? Now that theyre out? I was expecting something in the price range of a ryzen 3600. But the cheapest is 300 bucks... So now I'm gonna hold off or just bite on a 3600

Upgrading to 5xxx? Now that theyre out? I was expecting something in the price range of a ryzen 3600. But the cheapest is 300 bucks... So now I'm gonna hold off or just bite on a 3600

They are released beginning of November.
I was a little disappointed they didn't release a new motherboard chipset for the processors.

I will wait for real world benchmarks before upgrading to AMD, as until they beat Intel in the gaming stakes then I will keep my 9900K.
Looking around I should get £400 - £450 for my motherboard and processor currently, so upgrading will cost me about £200-£300 depending on what board I get, as would purchase the R9 5900X.

AMD released benchmarks and settings used for the performance of their new cards yesterday.
Judging by the predicted results, it appears to be very close to the RTX 3080.

The only thing people are really unsure about is the RayTracing perfomance of the cards, as they don't know if the cards have dedicated cores to deal with RayTracing and some are suggesting that RayTracing on the Navi 2 and next gen consoles is going to be software based and not hardware.

0bf0fdfe-b8b4-4d39-ad88-ed8bb6d8fb74.png

fa5d1885-9bc2-4943-b964-ff27da4ecf02.png

A quick question regarding purchasing a 144mhz monitor (1440p) to play games on PC. I mainly play PES now and don't think I'll be playing any other game untill I'll upgrade my GTX 1070, however it's worth investing more funds now to get a proper monitor for good few years at least.

The thing is that I don't play online at all, I'm more a single- player mod fan rather than online gamer who plays 30 different titles.From time to time I like to play CS GO or Far Cry or any other shooter, but it's really ocasionally and offline again.

But the main question is - do you recommend 144hz monitor for footy games (PES, FIFA - not this year, but still my hope is to get back into it next year anyway).

How does it play at 144mhz refresh rate?

A quick question regarding purchasing a 144mhz monitor (1440p) to play games on PC. I mainly play PES now and don't think I'll be playing any other game untill I'll upgrade my GTX 1070, however it's worth investing more funds now to get a proper monitor for good few years at least.

The thing is that I don't play online at all, I'm more a single- player mod fan rather than online gamer who plays 30 different titles.From time to time I like to play CS GO or Far Cry or any other shooter, but it's really ocasionally and offline again.

But the main question is - do you recommend 144hz monitor for footy games (PES, FIFA - not this year, but still my hope is to get back into it next year anyway).

Everything plays better at 144Hz, but in a certain way, you don't really notice it anymore after a few days.

I don't have higher hertz gaming monitor but i have 120 hz capable 4K tv @1440p. Tested with my gtx 1070 on less demanding game like lego worlds. 120 hz surely has lower input lag and i can feel it more responsive to my input compared to setting at 60hz.

GTX 1070 is still good cards at 1440p.. so my theory is when next gen game (console will wise) is designed to run at 4k.. gtx 1070 can run it more or less the same quality and fps at 1440p.

If you don't specifically need and have to use monitor for work all day. Probably better spend on good bigger 4k tvs with fald and va panel? better black level, hdr, and brightness than those ips monitors. They also have great 1440p upscaling to 4k resolution. Difference is quite minimal from normal tv viewing distance.

I recently had a 240Hz Samsung Odyssey until I sold it, to get the 144Hz 4K LG Monitor.

Once you have gamed at higher FPS, you will never want to go back, the difference especially in FPS games and some sports titles is well worth the investment.
FIFA though is the one game I did lock to 60FPS, because it played weird at 190FPS.

I did decide though for me personally, that going from 4K to 1440p, the graphical difference was, well noticeable - So a 144HZ 4K monitor for me was definitely the way forward.

Back
Top Bottom