PC Gaming

Ubisoft, Crytek data posted on ransomware gang's site
Details about hackers obtained the files remain unclear. Ransomware gang also threatened to leak the source code of Watch Dogs: Legion, an upcoming Ubisoft game.
A ransomware gang going by the of Egregor has leaked data it claims to have obtained from the internal networks of two of today's largest gaming companies — Ubisoft and Crytek.
Data allegedly taken from each company has been published on the ransomware gang's dark web portal on Tuesday.
https://www.zdnet.com/article/ubisoft-crytek-data-posted-on-ransomware-gangs-site/

Onboard Sound Cards..

Does anyone still actually use them, as decided to free up room for my 3080 by selling my Creative AE-5..
Onboard audio is absolutely terrible, and I own a £300 motherboard.

My headphones are also now terrible..

Never thought I would miss my soundcard, but I really do.
The separate headphone part from the AE-5 is just incredible compared to otherwise having to connect with the USB.

Onboard Sound Cards..

Does anyone still actually use them, as decided to free up room for my 3080 by selling my Creative AE-5..
Onboard audio is absolutely terrible, and I own a £300 motherboard.

My headphones are also now terrible..

Never thought I would miss my soundcard, but I really do.
The separate headphone part from the AE-5 is just incredible compared to otherwise having to connect with the USB.
I'd say it's the other way round. Almost everybody uses onboard sound these days, sound cards are really rare compared to 20 years ago. I think the Realtek sound chips are doing a solid job if you're an average user.

I'd say it's the other way round. Almost everybody uses onboard sound these days, sound cards are really rare compared to 20 years ago. I think the Realtek sound chips are doing a solid job if you're an average user.

Sorry I meant to say does anyone use sound card expansions, like ones from Creative Labs.

I didnt mean who uses onboard, as I know majority of people use it.

I am just shocked after switching from the AE-5 to motherboard audio, how bad onboard audio is.
It is the first time I have used motherboard audio, and just couldn't believe how bad it was.

I can honestly say the Creative Labs cards are well worth the £130 they cost.

Sorry I meant to say does anyone use sound card expansions, like ones from Creative Labs.

I didnt mean who uses onboard, as I know majority of people use it.

I am just shocked after switching from the AE-5 to motherboard audio, how bad onboard audio is.
It is the first time I have used motherboard audio, and just couldn't believe how bad it was.

I can honestly say the Creative Labs cards are well worth the £130 they cost.
I see. Did you already install the proper mainboard drivers and configure them? Do you connect your headphones via USB? In this case, the onboard DAC shouldn't matter.

I see. Did you already install the proper mainboard drivers and configure them? Do you connect your headphones via USB? In this case, the onboard DAC shouldn't matter.

I have tried both, very disappointed with the sound quality.
Ordered a new Sound Blaster, will never try motherboard audio again.

Rumours have appeared that Big Navi beats the 3080 in 3D Mark Testing:-
Take the results with a pinch of salt until proper benchmarks are released.

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-radeon-rx-6800xt-alleged-3dmark-scores-hit-the-web

Radeon-RX-6800XT-3DMark-IgorsLAB-2.png

Radeon-RX-6800XT-3DMark-IgorsLAB-1.png

Rumours have appeared that Big Navi beats the 3080 in 3D Mark Testing:-
Take the results with a pinch of salt until proper benchmarks are released.

Hopefully:

- Competitive Pricing
- Availability
- Driver Issues ironed out

(I think I read from a non reliable source aka "some random dude on the internet" that the 5700xt was better in the those Firestrike benchmarks than the 2070, but in real life gaming the 2070 performance was 5-10% better. Hopefully more info comes out soon).

Hopefully:

- Competitive Pricing
- Availability
- Driver Issues ironed out

(I think I read from a non reliable source aka "some random dude on the internet" that the 5700xt was better in the those Firestrike benchmarks than the 2070, but in real life gaming the 2070 performance was 5-10% better. Hopefully more info comes out soon).

Your right, just googled it..

The 5700XT was faster in the 3D Mark tests by around 5-10%, but in reality the 2070 is around 10-20% quicker.

TBH:-
I was expecting the 6800XT to be inbetween the 3060 and 3070 and the 6900XT to be inbetween the 3070 and 3080.

Last edited:
Im feeling those AMD cards are not the best value proposition vs NVIDIA. tbh, I think the Nvidia looks better at 50 bucks more. Well, if you can get one...

Nothing in the 400-500 range?

Im feeling those AMD cards are not the best value proposition vs NVIDIA. tbh, I think the Nvidia looks better at 50 bucks more. Well, if you can get one...

Nothing in the 400-500 range?

You can get the 3070 in that price bracket and performs the same as a 2080Ti.

The 5800XT seems pointless, as it performs in-between the 3070 and 3080, as $50 less than a 3080.

The 5900XT seems impressive though at $999, $400 less than the 3090 with the same performance.

Obviously I don't trust the benchmarks given by AMD, but will still be very interesting to see what the real world says about their claims.

You can get the 3070 in that price bracket and performs the same as a 2080Ti.

The 5800XT seems pointless, as it performs in-between the 3070 and 3080, as $50 less than a 3080.

The 5900XT seems impressive though at $999, $400 less than the 3090 with the same performance.

Obviously I don't trust the benchmarks given by AMD, but will still be very interesting to see what the real world says about their claims.

Exactly, I know the 3070 has a sweet price point, but I was guessing AMD would have something to compete in that range? Or do they announce at later date (a la I'm guessing the 3060 might do)

The 3060 will probably be around 350.

Obviously though the main thing about AMD, is what is Ray Tracing performance going to be like.
As PS5/XSX is releasing AAA games @30FPS with Ray Tracing - That is absolute shite IMO, and judging by that, I am thinking AMD performance in Ray Tracing is going to be a shocker and take a massive performance hit, just like the RTX 2000 series did.

Yes, do the new cards from NVIDIA fare better in term of performance? I saw Raytracing cut the fps from 120 to 60 in a video with it on in a 2080.

I dont want to ding ray tracing and I think its totally nice to have as more games might start taking advantage of it but.. is there a very big difference? Ive been looking at a bunch of videos of it on vs off and for the life of me I cant really tell a very big visual difference. Yes when its side by side you see a bit more reflections and shadows but am I missing something? Apart from Minecraft which does look like an entirely different game...

I am very happy with what AMD did. We, the consumers, benefit from all this. For me and my needs, the RX 6800 is a very good option, but I will probably wait at least another year to buy a video card, as I expect the RX 6600/6600 XT to come out next year, and the prices of the RTX 3070 to go down even more, and for now, I have a pre-order of PS5.

I am very happy with what AMD did. We, the consumers, benefit from all this. For me and my needs, the RX 6800 is a very good option, but I will probably wait at least another year to buy a video card, as I expect the RX 6600/6600 XT to come out next year, and the prices of the RTX 3070 to go down even more, and for now, I have a pre-order of PS5.

Yup same here. I extended my plan to upgrade my pc for a bit more. preordered a series s to get by for now... my PC is still chugging nicely and will upgrade once I get a better tv and hopefully prices and availability are better for the pc parts

Yup same here. I extended my plan to upgrade my pc for a bit more. preordered a series s to get by for now... my PC is still chugging nicely and will upgrade once I get a better tv and hopefully prices and availability are better for the pc parts
Yes, my next purchase will be a 120hz HDMI 2.1 TV. The best value for money is Sony XH90 (EU) / X900H (US), but the best HDMI 2.1 TV is the LG CX Hardly anything can be compared to this TV in terms of quality and features. 55-inch TVs come at pretty good prices, but 65-inch TVs are still very expensive, and I want a 65-inch TV. I hope there will be big discounts on holidays and Black Fridays.

Yes, my next purchase will be a 120hz HDMI 2.1 TV. The best value for money is Sony XH90 (EU) / X900H (US), but the best HDMI 2.1 TV is the LG CX Hardly anything can be compared to this TV in terms of quality and features. 55-inch TVs come at pretty good prices, but 65-inch TVs are still very expensive, and I want a 65-inch TV. I hope there will be big discounts on holidays and Black Fridays.

There probably will be America, Britain is just full of shops trying to ship really cheap crap stock.
Personally if I had the choice of an excellent 55" over an average/good 65" - I would choose the 55" all day long.
It's not how big it is, it's what you can do with it ;)

There probably will be America, Britain is just full of shops trying to ship really cheap crap stock.
Personally if I had the choice of an excellent 55" over an average/good 65" - I would choose the 55" all day long.
It's not how big it is, it's what you can do with it ;)
I understand you, and see your point, but[HIDE] offtopic : for almost 5 years I have been using a 60 inch LG FULLHD Plasma TV for monitor, and plasma s are great for Gaming,and for anything ! No motion blur, no lag, great contrast and collors and i will do not change it for ANY of QLED LCD LED 4k, 8K TVS, i will change it only for OLED and i kinda do not want to downgrade the size :D but if 65-inch OLED TVs don't get cheaper soon, I might get a 55-inch one. [/offtopic][/HIDE]

i approve that message! spot on! :TU:
XH90 for value, CX9 for quality!

i'm super good with my 4 year old 4K Samsung 55" 9090. finally this display will get used to the fullest!
and when i look ahead, 4-6 years... i can see a new TV purchase that makes sense coming with the next console!

Also in regards to TV's it might be worth waiting till next year.
I am not sure on the impact of Covid on Inovation, but normally new TV's are announced in January at CES, and released a couple of months later.
I know it is 5/6 months time, but you will be able to get the CX9 much cheaper or for the same price the CX10.

I know from different forums alot of PC Gamers use the CX9, as it is the only TV that can handles PC's,
I have the OLED B8 - And debating to upgrade or not.

Sold that ages ago, bought a 5700XT on ebay, to cover the time.
Big mistake, AMD are not great.
Get used to Nvidia Experience and other options, you really can't go to AMD.

good to know I hope they fare better with the 6000 cards. I was a but reluctant to look at the 5700 mostly bc of the driver issues... dont know how overblown that was, but I would def look at the stability at the nvidia camp. competition is good.

good to know I hope they fare better with the 6000 cards. I was a but reluctant to look at the 5700 mostly bc of the driver issues... dont know how overblown that was, but I would def look at the stability at the nvidia camp. competition is good.

Since installing the card on my machine, my PC has reset a few times when playing games under full load.
So I dont think the drivers are that stable.

But I miss the absolute simplicity of Nvidia drivers and the Nvidia experience, the absolute ease of letting the drivers use the best settings for your games is so easy.

I can see now why if some people move from console to PC and buy an AMD card they don't enjoy the PC experience.
Night and day between Nvidia and AMD.

Since installing the card on my machine, my PC has reset a few times when playing games under full load.
So I dont think the drivers are that stable.

But I miss the absolute simplicity of Nvidia drivers and the Nvidia experience, the absolute ease of letting the drivers use the best settings for your games is so easy.

I can see now why if some people move from console to PC and buy an AMD card they don't enjoy the PC experience.
Night and day between Nvidia and AMD.

Like I said, I hope the new series can cope better. I have an older AMD card that has been a champ for me... although I know NVIDIA always has the more powerful hardware, AMD has more "value" with tradeoffs. Impressed with NVIDIA's pricing while at the same time rooting for AMD to catch up

Back
Top Bottom