PC Gaming

New AMD cards are out, and looking at review scores..
Seems to be better than Nvidia cards up to 1440p, but not so good in 4K.
Ray Tracing performance is poor, but who cares about Ray Tracing? Even the 3070 nearly beats it in Ray Tracing performance, but as stated pretty much all PC players have Ray Tracing switched off.

Did someone know when the RTX 3060 and RTX 3060ti will released and how much it will €cost?
I think I need a new GPU, because I bought a 4k60hz Monitor and my GTX 1660 seems to low for games in 4k or 1440p.

What do you think, which GPU is enough for 4k60fps and would you recommend? My limit is ~450€.

Last edited:
Did someone know when the RTX 3060 and RTX 3060ti will released and how much it will €cost?
I think I need a new GPU, because I bought a 4k60hz Monitor and my GTX 1660 seems to low for games in 4k or 1440p.

What do you think, which GPU is enough for 4k60fps and would you recommend? My limit is ~450€.

I don't think they have even announced. But my guess is late Q1 next year and probably 399U$

I don't think they have even announced. But my guess is late Q1 next year and probably 399U$
Thanks for reply @el niche

Ok, so drink a cup of coffee and be patient then. That's a long time to go, 4 months hell yea. And I hope the price will be more stable than the other RTX GPU's.

Any other recommendations? Is the RTX 2060 super enough for 4k 60 fps with high settings for the most new games out there?

Ok, so drink a cup of coffee and be patient then. That's a long time to go, 4 months hell yea. And I hope the price will be more stable than the other RTX GPU's.

Any other recommendations? Is the RTX 2060 super enough for 4k 60 fps with high settings for the most new games out there?

The RTX 2060 is not good enough for 4K 60FPS.
You will need a 2080 Super or 3070 for 4K 60FPS, but even with them, you would need to tone down the graphics settings.

I'm waiting patiently as well. My guess is they would come out in 4 months. Availability is another problem. You'll probably be able to find them in more around 10 months or so.

I'm waiting patiently as well. My guess is they would come out in 4 months. Availability is another problem. You'll probably be able to find them in more around 10 months or so.

At the moment all 3080/3070's in the UK sell within about 30 seconds of them going online.
You simply can not get them anywhere.

I would expect the 3060 will have similar issues with supply, and unless your very quick you will be waiting months to get one.

And maybe changing to the dark site to AMD... I have no knowledge about AMD's GPU's.
Did someone have one of the newest one and can say something about these?

Here in germany you can find some RTX 3070 but for ~650€ and more. :R1:CURSE::BRICK:

And maybe changing to the dark site to AMD... I have no knowledge about AMD's GPU's.
Did someone have one of the newest one and can say something about these?

Here in germany you can find some RTX 3070 but for ~650€ and more. :R1:CURSE::BRICK:

I think AMD is going to have a stock problem as well. The new cards have good reviews, but I'd wait to see how they handle once they get into more hands... I like AMD cards but if I could choose I'd go NVIDIA, especially since their new prices are much more accessible than 2xxx lineup.
If you can hold on, I'd say wait... see how the AMD cards play out or then just wait for the 3xxx to come in stock (you might have to wait until Q2-Q3 next year).
AMD I am a bit weary about performance and drivers, but their prices are competitive as well

I think AMD is going to have a stock problem as well. The new cards have good reviews, but I'd wait to see how they handle once they get into more hands... I like AMD cards but if I could choose I'd go NVIDIA, especially since their new prices are much more accessible than 2xxx lineup.
If you can hold on, I'd say wait... see how the AMD cards play out or then just wait for the 3xxx to come in stock (you might have to wait until Q2-Q3 next year).
AMD I am a bit weary about performance and drivers, but their prices are competitive as well
So I will have to wait and compare the RTX 3060, RTX3060ti and RTX3070 and hope for a good price.

And I hope my GTX1660 will to this time be alive. :PRAY:

Thanks for help @el niche and @bsmaff ! :)

3060Ti Reviews are now live.
Appears to be the same performance as the 2080 Super, and around 10-15% slower than the 3070.

Looks pretty good to me and seems to hit my needs.... now.... for 100$ more for a 3070?
Obviously all hypothetical as I doubt these will be available any time soon

Crazy that its similar to a 2080S. Great jump in these cards. Hoping AMD can maybe release something competitive to this one

Looks pretty good to me and seems to hit my needs.... now.... for 100$ more for a 3070?
Obviously all hypothetical as I doubt these will be available any time soon

Crazy that its similar to a 2080S. Great jump in these cards. Hoping AMD can maybe release something competitive to this one

Depends whether or not you game in 4K.
To get 2080 Super performance for $400 is a really good price, the AMD equivalent probably won't be out till Feb/March and you won't be able to get them for a further 2-3 months.

Depends whether or not you game in 4K.
To get 2080 Super performance for $400 is a really good price, the AMD equivalent probably won't be out till Feb/March and you won't be able to get them for a further 2-3 months.

I dont have 4K for now... I got a Series S as a secondary console, but my primary is still PC so I would prefer it to be a bit more futureproof but at the same time I am not a hardcore gamer. Big difference between 4K and 2K?

Looking at those reviews it seems flight sim is the new crysis

I dont have 4K for now... I got a Series S as a secondary console, but my primary is still PC so I would prefer it to be a bit more futureproof but at the same time I am not a hardcore gamer. Big difference between 4K and 2K?

Looking at those reviews it seems flight sim is the new crysis

TBH 1440p is the sweet spot..
You notice a visual improvement, but don't have a massive drop in frame rate, like you do @4K.

Flight Sim definitely is the new Crysis, but it is also easily the best graphical experience of any game available today.

Last edited:
I had no luck...

I could buy one but for a price much more higher than 399€.

I had no luck...

I could buy one but for a price much more higher than 399€.

Aww man, I had it in my cart but didn't have the guts to buy yet... I need to re-do my entire PC.... I put that project on hold for now... hopefully next year.

Best buy has a good technic for not allowing bots to scalp the cars.. it has a few extra steps

It seems steam is down. Or ist it only my account? I can't login, it load and load many minutes and nothing happend. :II:?

Edit: after restart my PC work steam again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom