PC Gaming

If all games don't look as good as this by 2030, burn it all down.

The disparity between graphical quality between titles at the moment really frustrates me (especially on PC). If it can look like that - make it look like that.

As impressive as that is, it's only a film/render so not necessarily representative of what a game could achieve, using an RTX 3090 which costs like £1500 on it's own (already produces like 2x the performance of consoles).

Given another generation or two in GPUs, where this kind of power is in the more affordable models and surpassed by the time of the next-gen consoles (PS6 and whatever the fuck the next Xbox gets called) then maybe games will start being produced to look like that.

It is absolutely insane though that this almost movie-quality CGI can now be rendered in real time on consumer (if extremely expensive) hardware.

If all games don't look as good as this by 2030, burn it all down.

The disparity between graphical quality between titles at the moment really frustrates me (especially on PC). If it can look like that - make it look like that.

The problem is games are made to the lowest denominator.
That at the moment is PS4 / Xbox One.
The new generation the games will again be made to the lowest denominator the Series S.

When games get made to the specification of top PC's only - Like Cyberpunk just kind of just did, as they clearly got paid a lot by Nvidia to make it that way.
You end up with millions complaining on YouTube/Reddit and asking the company for refunds, as it just can't be played on those systems.
With Cyberpunk as an example it looks amazing on 3000 series GPU's but is pretty much unplayable on anything else, and no company wants that backlash.
There was similar, I remember years ago from Watchdogs, they showed it, running on an incredible spec PC, then due to console restrictions, it ended up being massively cut down and nothing like the E3 reveal.

Unfortunetely you are never going to get developers building games solely for a 3080/3090 GPU with an i9.
You would be making an absolute incredible game - both in looks and AI - But your only building a game for about 5% of the PC gaming market and .5% of the worldwide gaming market.
It is just a shame that Crytek sold out to EA, otherwise I am sure they would of released another Crysis (PC killer) by now.

With Cyberpunk as an example it looks amazing on 3000 series GPU's but is pretty much unplayable on anything else, and no company wants that backlash.

Depends on what your definition of unplayable is. It's fair to say that it's not playable (at least certain locations/time settings/how much action is on the screen) on higher settings with RTX enabled. A venue like Lizzie's Bar brings my 2080 to its knees when the RTX switch is flipped. I'm talking FPS in the teens. I'd certainly consider that unplayable. When it's disabled, however, I get 60-90 FPS. This is with settings on high/ultra at 1440p. I saw a significant boost to FPS after I utilized the AMD fix as well as editing the .csv file to allocate more memory.

Last edited:
Series S being the lowest denominator is going to be the ball and chain on gaming for the next 7+ years. The XBSX and PS5 are genuinely very good machines right now, especially for the money, but Series S is a pisstake.

Towards the end of this generation, there's probably going to be another Cyberpunk situation where a developer tries to make a game spanning both the current and next-generation consoles, but erring on the side of next-gen, and then it will run like shit on the Series S and people will get mad about it. Either that, or developers will see the backlash to Cyberpunk and be too scared to do anything ambitious at all in case it doesn't run on Series S. Having games exclusive to Series X doesn't seem like a realistic possibility either - no games were XB1X or PS4 Pro exclusives.

Last edited:
Hi!

Epic games gift to us every day to 7th of january a free game.

And on former Uplay now Ubisoft connect you can get 3 games and some items or something for (example) AC Valhalla and Watch Dogs Legion, for free today. But I don't know how long it is going. So better be quick.

All you need is a free account by theses and a pc mouse. :D

greetings and nice hollydays

Maybe there could be a thread for gaming innovations, but I'll put this here as it favours neither console platform, published this week by Ubisoft;
https://montreal.ubisoft.com/en/deep-reinforcement-learning-for-navigation-in-aaa-video-games/

Applied in an actual AAA game world;

These are the first steps towards having proper AI in video games, where they solve problems based on what they can see and actions they have learned. For now this is just navigating from point A to point B, but this could branch out into more complex goals. I think this kind of stuff would make games far more interesting than raytracing etc. :D

I have a Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 4G, what would be a good upgrade, don't mind spending up to £300, I can even wait if that makes more sense, got a PS5 and struggle to find time to game really. I would like to upgrade it though.

I've had problems with it for ages, fuzzy picture, screen going black etc. Don't think I can be dealing with AMD cards anymore, I always seem to have some sort of issues.

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep beep
Beep beep beep beep beep RUN Ripley!

Now free on epic launcher... I'm scared...

Alien Isolation free for 24 hours. ;)

:CONFUSE::TU::CALM:

But my Epic launcher is down. Maybe because of to many users at the same time.

Pffft, amateurs! I have 151 free games in my Epic library, all from giveaways! :LMAO:
(okay now seen it includes some DLC too, but still, should be right about 120 actual games lol, they've been really generous haha)

Pffft, amateurs! I have 151 free games in my Epic library, all from giveaways! :LMAO:
(okay now seen it includes some DLC too, but still, should be right about 120 actual games lol, they've been really generous haha)
Fortnite doesen't count.

Don’t know where to post here but:
Anyone else having issues paying with paypal lately? Tried Gta V on Steam and Netflix subscription in browser but it both ends when trying to cash out
I do have a VPN but I turned it off but even without paypal doesn’t work

Thought best not to post this in Playstation thread.
But Gaming Nexus really went into the PS5, and showed when running in performance mode it is no better than a 5 year old PC.

"No one should be under the illusion the PS5 is a top tier game machine, as that is just not true."
"It is an affordable living room box, and has the performance of a mid/high tier gaming PC from 5 years ago, that's where this thing is"

Last edited:
Thought best not to post this in Playstation thread.
But Gaming Nexus really went into the PS5, and showed when running in performance mode it is no better than a 5 year old PC.

"No one should be under the illusion the PS5 is a top tier game machine, as that is just not true."
"It is an affordable living room box, and has the performance of a mid/high tier gaming PC from 5 years ago, that's where this thing is"

The guy pretty much said why consoles are attractive. Its an affordable gaming machine. I dont think anyone thinks this can compete with a high end PC from a couple of years ago. But they are a good price and they provide some sort of convenience (plug and play)

And yeah, Id like to see what the PS5 can do in 8K....

Good video, thanks for posting.

The guy pretty much said why consoles are attractive. Its an affordable gaming machine. I dont think anyone thinks this can compete with a high end PC from a couple of years ago. But they are a good price and they provide some sort of convenience (plug and play)

And yeah, Id like to see what the PS5 can do in 8K....

Good video, thanks for posting.

It won't be able to do 8K, except for Netflix if that ever becomes a thing.
I was just shocked that the PS5 gets beaten on performance in one of the tests by a 1060.. A 1060 and a Ryzen 3300X.

Consoles will never be competitive with high end pc`s at the time they were released, it`s not possible. Pc gaming industry is moving very fast, you have to spend a lot of money if you want to be always with the latest things, cpu, gpu, ram etc. On the other hand, playing at 4K at the moment in my living room without any hassle with configuring things inside games is more than enough for most people. Don`t want to enter the discussion about game exlusives. Playstation was always behind Pc, for me mostly about locked 30fps but now 4K at 60fps even ray tracing (not the best) was amazing achivement. Of course it`s not native 4K but providing that graphics on my tv and enjoying such titles was easiest 500 euros I ever spent!

It won't be able to do 8K, except for Netflix if that ever becomes a thing.
I was just shocked that the PS5 gets beaten on performance in one of the tests by a 1060.. A 1060 and a Ryzen 3300X.

I was surprised as well
Now I don't feel so bad with my 5 year old RX570. I would've said they were on par with a PC from a couple of year ago, but if a 1070 performance is better then wow.
Still props to consoles for optimizing the hardware (that PS4 is still a laptop from like 2012 and can pump out some good images)

By the time 8K is adopted PS7 will be out... Doubt in 3-4 years 8K is a thing

I was surprised as well
Now I don't feel so bad with my 5 year old RX570. I would've said they were on par with a PC from a couple of year ago, but if a 1070 performance is better then wow.
Still props to consoles for optimizing the hardware (that PS4 is still a laptop from like 2012 and can pump out some good images)

By the time 8K is adopted PS7 will be out... Doubt in 3-4 years 8K is a thing

TBH, the results should be taken with a little pinch of salt.
As everyone knows that PC GFX cards have been able to do 100+ FPS in HD for a long time, which is why most people game these days @1440p.

Until they do actual benchmarking against a PC in 4K, with Ray Tracing on and off we really don't know how good the PS5 truly is.
But it really does show the PS5 is probably around a 2060, as EPIC games stated a while ago.

Last edited:
I thought it would perform better than that, but it's not entirely surprising either - it's big as consoles go but still bound to not have the airflow of a decent PC case and the PSU is only 350W - some GPUs can draw not far off that on their own. A 1060 being competitive is pushing it though, maybe I don't need as big an upgrade as I thought... Vega 56 might suffice for at least the early games of this gen.

I don't expect my PS5 to compete with my gaming laptop, even though that's not even top of the range.

But one of them cost me £1300 and I'm still paying it off! :SHAKE:

I haven't kept up with news for a long time. Is there any single sports game that's next gen on pc and not trash ps4 port? I wanna try a new game.

RTX 3060 looks like the sweet spot for today's gamers, but they are coming overpriced anyway. Here, in the big online hardware stores, RTX 3060TI was available until recently, but prices started from 700-800 euros. With RTX 3060 it will not be different, I think they will start from 600 euros minimum and will be sold out for minutes. I'm staying with my RX 570 this year and if I want to play a RayTracing game, I will use my PS5, no matter how limited and bad will be that feature there. We all know that AMD cards, even the high-end ones are struggling with RayTracing, the PS5 will be even worse.

I haven't kept up with news for a long time. Is there any single sports game that's next gen on pc and not trash ps4 port? I wanna try a new game.

Nothing - PC won't ever have it's own next gen sports games.
I doubt there is much market for making a PC only sports game to apply to 10% of the PC market, with probably only about 10% of that who play sports games on a PC (without racing sims).

Last edited:
RTX 3060 looks like the sweet spot for today's gamers, but they are coming overpriced anyway. Here, in the big online hardware stores, RTX 3060TI was available until recently, but prices started from 700-800 euros. With RTX 3060 it will not be different, I think they will start from 600 euros minimum and will be sold out for minutes. I'm staying with my RX 570 this year and if I want to play a RayTracing game, I will use my PS5, no matter how limited and bad will be that feature there. We all know that AMD cards, even the high-end ones are struggling with RayTracing, the PS5 will be even worse.

You best bet is to look out on forums and discord to try and get an FE on launch day.
As the problem is anything but the FE has such a massive mark-up and the 3060 Aftermarket cards are selling for more than a 3070 FE, so why would anyone bother.
Same as the 3070 aftermarket selling for more than a 3080 FE.
Then you have every scalping them at the moment including the retailers.
I paid £770 for my aftermarket MSI 3080 Gaming Trio X, but this was cheap at the time as bought it on launch day - And I was happy to pay the additional extra to get the card I really wanted, as it had the best reviews for acoustics and thermals - The fact it was also the best 3080 performance wise as well was just a bonus.
However the MSI 3080 when it becomes available now, most retailers are charging around £850-£900 for the card, with most retailers now charging £800 for the 3070 version of the card.

It isn't just graphics cards though, everyone is having massive issues with supply at the moment.
You can' get anything made by AMD either, 2 months after launch the 5900X can't be found anywhere and selling out in 2 mins when available + there is also manufacturing issues from AMD for the new consoles.

But the main thing is, try and join the Nvidia discord channel on 3060 launch and the at the magic 2PM wait for someone to post a link for your country cross your fingers and pray.

You best bet is to look out on forums and discord to try and get an FE on launch day.
As the problem is anything but the FE has such a massive mark-up and the 3060 Aftermarket cards are selling for more than a 3070 FE, so why would anyone bother.
Same as the 3070 aftermarket selling for more than a 3080 FE.
Then you have every scalping them at the moment including the retailers.
I paid £770 for my aftermarket MSI 3080 Gaming Trio X, but this was cheap at the time as bought it on launch day - And I was happy to pay the additional extra to get the card I really wanted, as it had the best reviews for acoustics and thermals - The fact it was also the best 3080 performance wise as well was just a bonus.
However the MSI 3080 when it becomes available now, most retailers are charging around £850-£900 for the card, with most retailers now charging £800 for the 3070 version of the card.

It isn't just graphics cards though, everyone is having massive issues with supply at the moment.
You can' get anything made by AMD either, 2 months after launch the 5900X can't be found anywhere and selling out in 2 mins when available + there is also manufacturing issues from AMD for the new consoles.

But the main thing is, try and join the Nvidia discord channel on 3060 launch,es and the at the magic 2 PM wait for someone to post a link for your country cross your fingers and pray.
Thank you for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom