PC Gaming

Needing assistance gents, i'm looking to get a new PC and ideally looking to buy a rig already built and ideally with 1080ti as kind of have my eye set on it. Can anyone point me in best direction or where is best to buy from? i've been looking at a few rigs so far, just want to make sure get best bang for my buck.

Needing assistance gents, i'm looking to get a new PC and ideally looking to buy a rig already built and ideally with 1080ti as kind of have my eye set on it. Can anyone point me in best direction or where is best to buy from? i've been looking at a few rigs so far, just want to make sure get best bang for my buck.

Best bang for buck would be to build the PC yourself.

Going down the route of which processor is going to be the big decision the new AMD Ryzon's are getting very good reviews, however still not getting the same gaming performance as Intel chips.
But keep in mind on most forums nowadays most are recommending the new AMD chips, this is due to having more cores and games have not been optimised to use the chips yet.
The 1700x seems to be the chip to go for..

Or if you choose Intel you can get either the i7 7700k or i5 7600k, both perform very similar, but you get bragging rights of owning an i7.

Personally if your building a gaming PC I would get an Intel.

Motherboard wise I only buy ASUS, as had trouble with other boards in the past.
There are plenty of options available:-
Cheapest I would get:-
ASUS Z270-PRIME
Next best:-
ASUS Z270-STRIX E or F
Decent for gaming:-
ASUS Maximus-IV Hero

GPU nothing better than a 1080ti.

Best bang for buck would be to build the PC yourself.

Going down the route of which processor is going to be the big decision the new AMD Ryzon's are getting very good reviews, however still not getting the same gaming performance as Intel chips.
But keep in mind on most forums nowadays most are recommending the new AMD chips, this is due to having more cores and games have not been optimised to use the chips yet.
The 1700x seems to be the chip to go for..

Or if you choose Intel you can get either the i7 7700k or i5 7600k, both perform very similar, but you get bragging rights of owning an i7.

Personally if your building a gaming PC I would get an Intel.

Motherboard wise I only buy ASUS, as had trouble with other boards in the past.
There are plenty of options available:-
Cheapest I would get:-
ASUS Z270-PRIME
Next best:-
ASUS Z270-STRIX E or F
Decent for gaming:-
ASUS Maximus-IV Hero

GPU nothing better than a 1080ti.

Well currently this is the setup i'm looking to go for:-

Intel i7-7700k 4.2 GHz
Asus Prime Z270-P
16GB Corsair DDR4
GeForce GTX 1080ti
Corsair H60 Hydro Cooler
500GB Samsung 850 Evo 2.5 SSD
2TB Seagate Firecuda 3.5 SSHD
Corsair 850w

i was looking at adding a 7.1 sound card but didn't think it was a must.

Well currently this is the setup i'm looking to go for:-

Intel i7-7700k 4.2 GHz
Asus Prime Z270-P
16GB Corsair DDR4
GeForce GTX 1080ti
Corsair H60 Hydro Cooler
500GB Samsung 850 Evo 2.5 SSD
2TB Seagate Firecuda 3.5 SSHD
Corsair 850w

i was looking at adding a 7.1 sound card but didn't think it was a must.

Don't know how long this deal is going to last but a pretty decent price:-
https://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecial...il&utm_term=0_88b2ce3cea-b9dc5b5e86-179584957

Personally I would recommend getting a more expensive motherboard, this is personal opinion but I never go for a cheap board.

yeah i ended up going for that one you linked as think that's why PC i have now is have issues from time. Thanks for helping me out.

I recommend you guys try rivatuner if you would like to compromise graphic vs fluidity for your struggling vga card to achieve mixed of high-ultra setting.. and still feels fluid

Having locked 45 fps in hellblade and the witcher 3 with mixed of medium, high, ultra never been so fluid with gtx 960. There is still fps drop because of the limited gpu power but forgettable.

The frame limiter does wonderful job, the program has been there in my system for along time just for its gpu and cpu osd purpose until i try stop using nvidia inspector and try its frame limit.

Dont forget to switch on your in-game vsync. Try it..

I've completely fallen in love with PUBG. I'm not even particularly amazing at it but jumping on with 3 mates and playing the squad mode is so fun. Can definitely see why it's now the number 1 most viewed game on Twitch and is rivalling Dota 2 for most concurrent players.

I've completely fallen in love with PUBG. I'm not even particularly amazing at it but jumping on with 3 mates and playing the squad mode is so fun. Can definitely see why it's now the number 1 most viewed game on Twitch and is rivalling Dota 2 for most concurrent players.

There is a separate thread for Battlegrounds, and really enjoyed it to begin with.

But it is too much of the same now, racked up 30 hours on it and have not really played it since I finally won a game.

They need to release a few more maps for the game as at present the same map is just really boring me now.

There is a separate thread for Battlegrounds, and really enjoyed it to begin with.

But it is too much of the same now, racked up 30 hours on it and have not really played it since I finally won a game.

They need to release a few more maps for the game as at present the same map is just really boring me now.
Yeah I saw, it wasn't the most active thread and I figured since it's in the genre of PC Gaming it wouldn't hurt or actually be off topic to post here.

Yeah - that's what I've heard from a few other people that it does become tiring quite quickly. Were you playing solo mainly?

Yeah I saw, it wasn't the most active thread and I figured since it's in the genre of PC Gaming it wouldn't hurt or actually be off topic to post here.

Yeah - that's what I've heard from a few other people that it does become tiring quite quickly. Were you playing solo mainly?

Mainly played Solo, but also in Groups.

The game is more fun playing in Groups than Solo, but the game just needs new maps to make it appeal again.

It seems the devs, have moved away from developing the PC version though to concentrate on the XBOX release, as seems Microsoft have paid them a fortune to release it on XBOX this fall and most stuff you read about the game now it is all about getting the Xbox version up to scratch for a fall release.

Btw also got Wildlands for me and for my bother for 40 pounds altogether. Great deal and the game is like playing virtual gi joe stories the ones we used to as kid with the real figures in the garden and all over the house.

Sticking with mid pc gaming, last night playing pes 2017 with neighbours on his PS4 slim, 50-ish sony tv and i am not wowed by the graphic quality. I remembered pes 2017 on my pc gives better graphic quality except for the closeup 3d grass.

I have a problem for about a month that my Geforce Experience looks like this.
Then I switch off my monitor, and immediately switch it on again and after it looks fine. When I close Geforce Experience now and open it again, the problem is back.

unbenannt-1.png

Not a very big problem but a bit annoying. Somebody knows why this happens?

Spent around $2,800 for my new PC build after like 4 years. What do you guys think? Still waiting for my graphics card to get delivered(it gets out of stock really soon). I want to stream some footie games soon hopefully.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dkNLkd

Last edited:
That 4TB HDD is probably going to be for storage only, but nevertheless, why not going for 7200 rpm drive?

That 4TB HDD is probably going to be for storage only, but nevertheless, why not going for 7200 rpm drive?

I did end up buying 7200 TB from another source. Couldn't find it on pcpartpicker. In the future, I will probably have to upgrade my PSU to hold more storage drives.

Back
Top Bottom