PC Gaming

I'll probably go that way as well then if Fifa20 is any good, must admit I didn't really play any of the other EA games but it's good to have the option. Let me know how you fund it, sometimes they can be tricky, think mine doesn't run out until after the early access for Fifa20 should be out, not completely sure.

If I purchase again will just Russian VPN and purchase it.
But will probably let my membership lapse until FIFA 20 is released.

They have a few other games released, but they are obviously mainly EA games.

The only games released none EA recently were:
This is the Police 2
A Plague Tale: Innocence

Apart from FIFA though this year, I can only see myself playing the new Star Wars game - But we all know that will be a massive disappointment.
At this moment it looks likely I will just purchase FIFA this year and not bother with Origin Premier.

Last edited:
Hi Guys
I dont have a console anymore but I think this game PES20 looks pretty good.
I have a dell PC at home I use for the business but just wondered how much it costs to upgrade from I3 to I5 or 7 and good a good graphics card? Currently have something called Graphics Family HD which will not be good enough.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks

Hi Guys
I dont have a console anymore but I think this game PES20 looks pretty good.
I have a dell PC at home I use for the business but just wondered how much it costs to upgrade from I3 to I5 or 7 and good a good graphics card? Currently have something called Graphics Family HD which will not be good enough.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks

If you could share more about detail of your current dell, that would be better to see the upgrade path.
1. What version is your dell desktop ?
2. What version of i3 you have ? just to know the motherboard chipset version
3. What is the RAM memory type and how many GBs ?
we probably has to check the power supply capacity as well. For the graphic card, it depends on your current max monitor/tv resolution and in the near future.

You can use https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html to check them all except for power supply capacity.

Do you know the processor you currently have in your system?
so for instance i3-3210 etc, that way would know the generation of processor or better still the motherboard model number

Graphics card would depend on budget, but you can easily pick up a half decent 980 or 1070 for £150, which will be more than adequate if your only gaming in HD and nothing higher.

Do you know the processor you currently have in your system?
so for instance i3-3210 etc, that way would know the generation of processor or better still the motherboard model number

Graphics card would depend on budget, but you can easily pick up a half decent 980 or 1070 for £150, which will be more than adequate if your only gaming in HD and nothing higher.

Hi
Please see info below...Thanks for your help.
I have a 4k Monitor and I have a 2TB cloud storage on a NAS box where the game would be downloaded to.

Time of this report: 8/12/2019, 10:38:47
Machine name: DESKTOP-G1H6RRD
Machine Id: {E5A3156F-3925-47F5-BAD2-F133F82073F0}
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Inspiron 3268
BIOS: 1.6.0 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100 CPU @ 3.90GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.9GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8100MB RAM
Page File: 6579MB used, 7152MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: Unknown
DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0001 64bit Unicode

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
DAC type: Internal
Device Type: Full Device (POST)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5912&SUBSYS_07641028&REV_04
Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
Device Problem Code: No Problem
Driver Problem Code: Unknown
Display Memory: 4178 MB
Dedicated Memory: 128 MB
Shared Memory: 4050 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
HDR Support: Not Supported
Display Topology: Internal
Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709
Color Primaries: Red(0.640625,0.337891), Green(0.315430,0.628906), Blue(0.159180,0.058594), White Point(0.313477,0.329102)
Display Luminance: Min Luminance = 0.500000, Max Luminance = 270.000000, MaxFullFrameLuminance = 270.000000
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: DELL SE2417HG
Monitor Id: DELD08C
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: Displayport External
Monitor Capabilities: HDR Not Supported

Ok, it seems that the system is not upgrade friendly.

It comes with a 180W power supply, so would need that upgrading and then would probably need to put the system in another case, as knowing Dell the PSU will probably not be a standard PSU.

They also normally come with custom coolers, so you will find you will probably have a very small selection of CPU's which you can upgrade too before it starts to overheat, and with being such a slimline case it may prove difficult to find a CPU cooler to fit.

Oh OK so what would be the cost of doing all that approx?

Would it be cheaper/easier to buy a gaming PC and use it for work as well? I only need excel, windows and outlook.

Oh OK so what would be the cost of doing all that approx?
Can you list what I would need?
Thanks
You would need to replace literally every part. The power supply, the motherboard, the processor and new graphics card... You'd be paying the price of a new PC. Because you would be buying a new PC.

For that cost - and for the sake of a football game - it'd be cheaper to buy a console. But every year you're desperate to play football games and within a week of playing them you leave here again because you hate them both - so I'd probably advise that you don't!

You would need to replace literally every part. The power supply, the motherboard, the processor and new graphics card... You'd be paying the price of a new PC. Because you would be buying a new PC.

For that cost - and for the sake of a football game - it'd be cheaper to buy a console. But every year you're desperate to play football games and within a week of playing them you leave here again because you hate them both - so I'd probably advise that you don't!

True that.
I just thought if I could upgrade the work PC for a small amount then id do that through work so it wouldnt cost me anything but it seems its a big job.
Id be interested to know how much it would be though.
I dont want another console - means I have to rig it up to TV and muck up my HDMI slots, space on shelfs etc. The work PC has its own place in the extension so its hidden away.

Last edited:
It could vary a lot from a couple of hundred to over a thousand.

Depends if you don't mind buying some 2nd hand components, as this would bring costs down.

But a couple of years old i5, 1070 GTX, motherboard would set you back probably - £400.
You then wouldn't need new drives or anything, someone you know might have an old PSU lying around which could do the job.

Or you could go all out and buy a new AMD build which would set you back £700-£1000.

I used to post builds on here a few years ago, so without going through a full build list again don't know the actual costs.

I upgrade my PC constantly so that the costs are minimal, I recently upgraded my cooler and case.
It cost £200, but got back £75 for the old components.

Although owning a PC is expensive, if you buy and sell at the right times maintaining it to a good spec doesn't actually cost that much.

Thank you @bsmaff
Is there a good site you recommend where you can buy a reasonably priced gaming PCs (to play PES20)?
I know they go up to £1000s so dont want to go to that much.

How confident are you about building your own PC?

The specs of that machine are pretty old now, and I don't think a 960 will cut it these days.
However I am sure PES 2020 would be fine, as sports games don't need much spec wise.

Hi
I’d be fairly confident thanks to YouTube!

£500 or below if poss?
Are there any on ebay that I could buy ready made you'd recommend?
Sorry for being a pain!
If you're going to spend that much, just for the football games you know you're going to hate - why not buy a console? Because then you can return it and get a refund, whereas if you build a PC yourself you'll have to send every individual part back, and they might be funny with refunds... Just a thought (and it'd save you money and effort)...!

If you're going to spend that much, just for the football games you know you're going to hate - why not buy a console? Because then you can return it and get a refund, whereas if you build a PC yourself you'll have to send every individual part back, and they might be funny with refunds... Just a thought (and it'd save you money and effort)...!

It’s not just for me.
My sons Xbox1 is on way out and is interested in pc gaming.
So I thought I’d upgrade my work pc - as I work from home - and kill 2 birds with one stone.

I am going to make a few assumptions which may or may not be the case.

But with your current PC, I am guessing the HD and RAM can be usuable, and assume the RAM will be DDR4, as the PC is a 7th Gen Intel.
The RAM should be usable but would need to check if it is a large desktop DIMM or a smaller laptop DIMM.
So there are two options you could get a new case and a new PSU which will then allow you to use all your current Dell motherboard in your new case and just buy a graphics card and a CPU compatible with the motherboard which would be an i5-7400.
A case and motherboard would cost about £100 - £150 depending on the quality.

Then the best way forward IMO would be to look one eBay for similar bundles:-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Intel-i7...623752?hash=item2cf1a41688:g:JoQAAOSwIzpdSITY

This one ends soonish, but is not a bargain:-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BUNDLE-I...679303?hash=item4b68da39c7:g:OSYAAOSwf4ldUCEP

This could go cheap for about £130, but is ending in an hour and would need a case and cooler.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Intel-Co...672706?hash=item2623a37742:g:5pkAAOSw1S9dQFJz

There is also this one ending soon:-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Intel-i5...953331?hash=item4d99de2133:g:fckAAOSwwtNdSX8n

There seems to be some on eBay, which can be bought cheap.

There are also cases and coolers which are available on eBay too (both mine - FREE ADVERTISEMENT):-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223613035114
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223613035179

But there are very good options, but it seems if you go back to 4th Generation everything is very reasonable.
As long as you look at ones going for auction and not buy it now.

I am going to make a few assumptions which may or may not be the case.

But with your current PC, I am guessing the HD and RAM can be usuable, and assume the RAM will be DDR4, as the PC is a 7th Gen Intel.
The RAM should be usable but would need to check if it is a large desktop DIMM or a smaller laptop DIMM.
So there are two options you could get a new case and a new PSU which will then allow you to use all your current Dell motherboard in your new case and just buy a graphics card and a CPU compatible with the motherboard which would be an i5-7400.
A case and motherboard would cost about £100 - £150 depending on the quality.

Then the best way forward IMO would be to look one eBay for similar bundles:-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Intel-i7...623752?hash=item2cf1a41688:g:JoQAAOSwIzpdSITY

This one ends soonish, but is not a bargain:-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BUNDLE-I...679303?hash=item4b68da39c7:g:OSYAAOSwf4ldUCEP

This could go cheap for about £130, but is ending in an hour and would need a case and cooler.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Intel-Co...672706?hash=item2623a37742:g:5pkAAOSw1S9dQFJz

There is also this one ending soon:-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Intel-i5...953331?hash=item4d99de2133:g:fckAAOSwwtNdSX8n

There seems to be some on eBay, which can be bought cheap.

There are also cases and coolers which are available on eBay too (both mine - FREE ADVERTISEMENT):-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223613035114
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223613035179

But there are very good options, but it seems if you go back to 4th Generation everything is very reasonable.
As long as you look at ones going for auction and not buy it now.

Thank you ill take a look.

See that the bundle yesterday only went for £120.
Someone got a bargain.

So looking at the motherboard bundles on eBay, it appears to be the best way to get a decent cheap spec.

They have massively changed the look of it yesterday.

Looks really nasty..

TAIGPxu7HZc34Zb72a28zVNs1vjuPuJAChKOSoGN2Rs.png

They have massively changed the look of it yesterday.

Looks really nasty..

TAIGPxu7HZc34Zb72a28zVNs1vjuPuJAChKOSoGN2Rs.png
Ha, coincidentally I've just got my new PC up and running last night and it must have been exactly as this happened, I assumed it had been like this for months!

They've definitely gone for a console-like UI haven't they, it's a lot more "images" and a lot less "lists".

You can't even launch a game with the keyboard any more... I would often type the first few letters of a game title and hit Enter to launch them, but now have to mouse over and click the button.

Also you get shown potential spoilers as screenshots in the "community content" on the game's page in your library...

What a shit update.

Back
Top Bottom