PC Gaming

I work in IT, things change all the time - Normally because I force it.
However I am not a fan of the new Steam, but the good news is you can change it back.
It just looks a mess.

I was just messing around. Haven't seen it myself yet as I'm not at home, but I thought it looked pretty neat in that screenshot.

Nvidia currently dont have any real competition, so they can pretty much charge what they like.

I also dont believe that the new cards are going to see a 50% performance increase, it is normally about 20% like for like.

Also dont see it being a great year for gaming, 2021 will start seeing some developments as the new consoles will be out and with them not using incredibly crap processors then we should hopefully start seeing a massive improvement in AI, which has been the massive issue with the current gen.

*Off-topic*
I need a new Batman game so bad.
But none of that Arkham bullshit. I mean I need something fresh.
Something that covers the full Bruce Wayne / Batman spectrum and all the toys.

I've finished playing the whole Tell Tale saga yesteray and, to my surprise, not only I enjoyed it... but it's the best Batman game I've ever played.
The Arkham saga always bored me sooner or later. Too repetitive. And it only focused on the darkness of Gotham. But they failed to replicate the struggle that Bruce Wayne goes through day by day and how he has to juggle with the double identity all the time and make decisions. Not just fight.

I wish Rockstar games would take on the Batman license.

I couldn't enjoy Arkham games because of over simplified combat system. I like games that gives me option to combine strong and weak attacks and do grapple attacks and all sorts of other ways to kill enemies. @Chumy

I couldn't enjoy Arkham games because of over simplified combat system. I like games that gives me option to combine strong and weak attacks and do grapple attacks and all sorts of other ways to kill enemies. @Chumy

I don't know who @Chumy is.
But I think there should be a lot more to a Batman game than just fighting and combat system.

I don't know who @Chumy is.
But I think there should be a lot more to a Batman game than just fighting and combat system.

Yeah that too. Lack of advanced combat was just one of the reasons I didn't like those games.

@Chumy is my distant cousin.

Sums up the Batman games once you've learned and unlocked the various fighting options...

Does this also apply to shadow of mordor? I know it borrows heavily from the batman games. ButI never get the push to install i.

On another note, anyone recommend a good 4X game. Downloaded planetfall and chiefly trying Stellaris which I like. Everything's I try to do a Paradox game they are very complicated. Downloaded HOI4 but will try it once I know I can sink crazy amount of time to learn it

Does this also apply to shadow of mordor? I know it borrows heavily from the batman games. ButI never get the push to install i.
IMO - yes. I know some say Batman games had best fighting system, but I didnt enjoy it at all. To me it was just button bash with Batman flying from one enemy to another. Recently I tried Shadow of War despite my experience with Batman series and it was basically same, with more gore and chopped heads. Didnt like that one either.

I must insist: I think there's so much more to the Batman and the story than just patrolling Gotham at night, fighting with 10 randomly generated villains, search for clues until you get to the big villain.

The story should focus a lot more on the struggle Bruce Wayne goes through. Trying to protect the people he loves while having to fight crime too (and, not only at night). Trying to keep his identity secret while he's in Batman-mode. Deciding whether to act as the Batman or as Bruce Wayne.
Choosing which vehicle to use for certain missions. Etc.

WB Games/Rocksteady have failed to deliver an all-around complete game that sucks you in the whole Universe of the Batman. Only choosing to make things easier for them by designing a City that never sees the light of day. In which the night lasts 10000 hours, Batman goes from villain to villain to villain without ever needing to stop and plan his next move.

I know Rockstar's READ DEAD 2 also has some of these repetitive patterns. Like, going around the map until there's a fight. Then go around some more. But there's also a lot of variety in terms of the story, missions and sub-missions, and little things you can do inside the map (shit you can even play Poker, Dominoes, etc). And there's dynamic weather as well.

QUANTIC-DREAMS would also, I'm sure, do an outstanding job if they ever could develop their own version of a Batman game.

I know Rockstar's READ DEAD 2 also has some of these repetitive patterns. Like, going around the map until there's a fight. Then go around some more. But there's also a lot of variety in terms of the story, missions and sub-missions, and little things you can do inside the map (shit you can even play Poker, Dominoes, etc). And there's dynamic weather as well.

If it wasn't for the side missions and random stuff happening whilst riding around.

Red Dead 2 is probably the most repetitive game of all time.

1. Ride to camp
2. Talk to someone
3. Ride somewhere
4. Meet Gang
5. Ride somewhere else
6. Shoot some people
7. Loot some people.
8 Goto 1.
9. Repeat for 60 hours.

I really enjoyed Red Dead up to a point, but it really was a massive chore to actually finish, by the end I was wishing it to finish because it was so repetitive.

Personally I loved the Batman games - Except Arkham Knight, that was awful.
But I thought the fighting was good, and in certain situations you really had to plan your attacks - Especially Arkham Asylam - Arkam City was much easier and required a lot less thought.
Yes they skipped over the whole Bruce Wayne thing, but they wanted to build an action game.
Personally I don't think the technology is there yet for a true open world, every decision matters Batman game.

If it wasn't for the side missions and random stuff happening whilst riding around.

Red Dead 2 is probably the most repetitive game of all time.

1. Ride to camp
2. Talk to someone
3. Ride somewhere
4. Meet Gang
5. Ride somewhere else
6. Shoot some people
7. Loot some people.
8 Goto 1.
9. Repeat for 60 hours.

I really enjoyed Red Dead up to a point, but it really was a massive chore to actually finish, by the end I was wishing it to finish because it was so repetitive.

Personally I loved the Batman games - Except Arkham Knight, that was awful.
But I thought the fighting was good, and in certain situations you really had to plan your attacks - Especially Arkham Asylam - Arkam City was much easier and required a lot less thought.
Yes they skipped over the whole Bruce Wayne thing, but they wanted to build an action game.
Personally I don't think the technology is there yet for a true open world, every decision matters Batman game.

Personally, I'd be fine with a GTA V type of game. Or a Detroiit Become Human type of game.
Two different approaches. One is not even an open world game. But when the story and the graphics are that good, it sucks you right in, you don't even need an open world.

45 different attacks and that's your complaint? Seems super petty.

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/3954-batman-arkham-knight-character-combat-moves-guide

45 different attacks are useless to me if I can't enjoy the combat system. Like I said, there is no way to mix strong and weak attacks to get even more different types of attacks.

There is no way to grab enemy and slam them to my liking.

Also people have different tastes. I just happened to not like the combat system of these games. In the end it feels like just pressing LMB and then countering and then maybe a a new attack by pressing "alt+E" which feels very repetitive to me personally.

IMO - yes. I know some say Batman games had best fighting system, but I didnt enjoy it at all. To me it was just button bash with Batman flying from one enemy to another. Recently I tried Shadow of War despite my experience with Batman series and it was basically same, with more gore and chopped heads. Didnt like that one either.
Despite the negative comment you’ve still inspired me to play Batman again, and this is coming from someone who’s already 100% every game in the series! 😂😂 (and I almost never finish 100% of the content available in any game. Ever).

I love games where the combat is more of a personal play thing. So if you just want to finish the game you can get away with just two buttons. But if you want to be imaginative or go for high scores you can do that too because you have so many tools available. Probably why I’m such a fan of fighting games or Devil May Cry 5.

By contrast, I’m one of the few who couldn’t get into The Witcher 3 because, despite the excellent writing, the combat is just so goddamn boring.

Despite the negative comment you’ve still inspired me to play Batman again, and this is coming from someone who’s already 100% every game in the series! 😂😂 (and I almost never finish 100% of the content available in any game. Ever).

I love games where the combat is more of a personal play thing. So if you just want to finish the game you can get away with just two buttons. But if you want to be imaginative or go for high scores you can do that too because you have so many tools available. Probably why I’m such a fan of fighting games or Devil May Cry 5.

By contrast, I’m one of the few who couldn’t get into The Witcher 3 because, despite the excellent writing, the combat is just so goddamn boring.

Funny you should say that.
I was the one bringing the whole Batman games suck. And after reading some of the comments, I went back and reinstalled it.

I downloaded a few mods for the game and then also made a pretty good Reshade preset for it that helped making the game look a lot better too.
I'm 70% through it and I enjoyed it a lot more this time than the previous one.

Reactions: OBH
Funny you should say that.
I was the one bringing the whole Batman games suck. And after reading some of the comments, I went back and reinstalled it.

I downloaded a few mods for the game and then also made a pretty good Reshade preset for it that helped making the game look a lot better too.
I'm 70% through it and I enjoyed it a lot more this time than the previous one.
I genuinely think Reshade is the greatest thing to have happened to modern PC gaming. Its anti-aliasing is better than many games own.

If you don't have these filters installed already, they are the best.
https://github.com/martymcmodding/qUINT

I love my batman Reshade filter too - fix the anti-aliasing, wash the colours out a bit, add a tad of blur and viola! You have the dark and dingy look I always associate with batman.
ezgif-6-076cf67cd386.gif

Last edited:
I genuinely think Reshade is the greatest thing to have happened to modern PC gaming. Its anti-aliasing is better than many games own.

If you don't have these filters installed already, they are the best.
https://github.com/martymcmodding/qUINT

I love my batman Reshade filter too - fix the anti-aliasing, wash the colours out a bit, add a tad of blur and viola! You have the dark and dingy look I always associate with batman.

Oh of course I have the qUINT suite. In fact, I'm one of Marty McFly's Patrons, and I got the RayTracing Shader as well :D

Reactions: OBH
Oh of course I have the qUINT suite. In fact, I'm one of Marty McFly's Patrons, and I got the RayTracing Shader as well :D
So was I for a while 😂
Though I cancelled it when a RayTracing public beta was released.

Here's a weird one. Please can anyone help me?

I've recently set up a new PC (thanks @Placebo) with an RX 580 graphics card, and I'm enjoying being able to play modded PES, FIFA etc... But there's one thing I can't get working - Radeon Relive.

One time in every ten, it starts up when I start a game (with the little red bar at the top left of the screen). It works perfectly.

Nine times out of ten, it just doesn't start up. Like it can't detect the game is booting. And if I turn on "desktop recording" when booting the game, the game drops to about 10 FPS, so that's not an option.

I know there is alternative software out there - and Windows 10 Game Bar has been mentioned a few times (and I like the idea that it links to the Xbox button, and I do use an Xbox controller) - but I don't know if anything else has the same, always recording, "save last minute of gameplay" option - if that makes sense.

All help welcome...

@Chris Davies
Let me start by asking the obvious here: Did you try fully uninstalling the GPU Drivers, then downloading them again from the official site, installing those from 0 and rebooting the PC?. Sounds like you're having an issue with the drivers/software itself. Some kind of conflict. The API might not be hooking to the games upon execution.

Might sound funny, but I was having some performance issues with FIFA last week. Like heavy stuttering which was amusing to me. Never had that happening with any game before. I had to roll back 2 versions of the GPU Drivers because NVidia messed something up. And everything was back to normal. So sometimes not even downloading the latest version from your GPU issuers works. Sometimes you have to try previous versions as well. But a simple reinstall won't do, you need to perform a clean installation (uninstall/install/reboot/test).

Probably not the answer you were looking for. Not the most handy or quick. But I've always fixed most of the issues with performance/recording that way.

Should avoid using Xbox Game Bar it can steal resources. I can't remember having many problems with Relive but I know Radeon drivers are really bad at game profiles working properly for games so it might be an issue manifested from that. The best thing to do would be to post in the Guru3d forums it's full of really helpful people. The other thing you can try is going back to an older driver (maybe before they changed the whole UI etc) and see if that's any better, user DDU to completely remove the drivers: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/ before doing that though I'd suggest using https://neosmart.net/EasyBCD/ to create a proper boot up menu with a normal/safe boot option, Windows 10 makes it super hard to boot into safe mode for uninstalling drivers properly etc. etc.

Hi everyone,

I'm having stuttering troubles with both PES 2019 and PES 2020. I 've been playing from more than a year now to PES 2019 and it was ok until a few days ago. For some reason I don't get, I'm having a bunch of stuttering, ridiculous by moments, making the game extremely robotic and unplayable. In PES 2020 isn't so bad, still is not so smooth as PES 2019 was. I'm playing with a 2070, R2700x and a 144 hz monitor. Anyone else noticed such a thing? Any idea of what can be causing the trouble?

SOLVED: Ok, I'm gonna autoedit myself here. Solution can't be easier. Just went back to the default options from the NVIDIA control panel. Voila: as smooth as a spring morning. I guess it was a driver thing after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how interested people are in release of new graphics cards.

However Nvidia are launching their new Ampere graphics card at an event on May 14th.
The cards are being made using a 7NM process instead of 12NM currently used.

Nvidia are claiming that the new cards will be like for like 50% faster than the previous model, and require less power.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom