PC Newbie : Help Please

J

johnyx1980

Bought pes 6 for xbox 360 and was so annoyed at how crap it is decided id download the pc version and see if it is any better. And, damn right it is !! Most of my time on pes is online so i am gonna go and buy an original copy. Few questions before i do so,

1. I have no lag as such but there is a kind of hazy interfernce now and again, kinda like an oasis. The gameplay does not stutter at all its just the gfx's. Tried altering all the in game resolutions and graphics quality but it make no difference. PC is intel 2.8 dual core, 1 gb ram and 256 ATI radeon x550.

Is there anything i can do to stop this ? By setting card differently or could a patch stop this ? Someone on another forum mentioned there may be problems with dual cores on this game ? Strange cause more demanding games are fine on my pc ?

2. How is online play ? I understand that it is disconnecting at half time but that will get sorted. Hwo is the actual lag during the half of play ?

3. Nice to see there is updates/patches already in progress but are these gonna work in online mode ? Did they in pes 5 ?

4. Will probably get teh logitech wirless rumble 2 pad. PC is approx 12-14 away from my sofa. Will it still work ok at this distance ?

Go easy on me guys im new to pes on pc and any thoughts much appreciated !

Last edited by a moderator:
1) d/l the no dvd crack patch as Konami have some anti piracy proggie on the disc that effetcs performence
2)Game is not laggy unless you play someone with a poor conn, game online is still fucked but I assume it has to be fixed.
3) as far as I know both people had to have the superpatch b4 they worked online.
4)donno ;p

JANER said:
1) d/l the no dvd crack patch as Konami have some anti piracy proggie on the disc that effetcs performence
2)Game is not laggy unless you play someone with a poor conn, game online is still fucked but I assume it has to be fixed.
3) as far as I know both people had to have the superpatch b4 they worked online.
4)donno ;p

cheers mate

i switched from the rom to the no cd crack and it did improve significantly but it still happens now and again. Particular when the ball goes in the air. Probably not enough to stop me buying it but would be great to get rid of it !! Surely my spec is ok for running it ok ?

The problem is it's a console conversion and Konami are just lazy bastards......
I have a top end pc and I have a wee few probs too, another thing u could try is radlink....it's a proggie that let's u tailor each game sep away from the main ccc ati centre.
when u d/l radlink u go to ur pes6.exe and right click on it and let it create a radlink.exe
then u go to that and adjust ya settings....try AA on 4 and AF on 8 and vsync on, if ur game suffers performence wise turn v-sync off.

Im guessing by AA you mean Anti-Aliasing and AF Anistropic Filtering ?

Done those and it has improved a little further again but not gone completely. Cant find anything to do with vsync in my ati control centre ?

No just went straight into the card settings. Does radlink give you extra options ?

If so is it a free download ? Can you post a link ?

its actaully your monitor refresh rate, change it to 70htz or higher

You might actually try forcing your monitor to 60hz . I have an X1800XL card and still i cant get decent scrolling on PES4 ,5 ,6 withouth the monitor refresh being set to 60hz , try it !

Back
Top Bottom