Pennant sent to jail

L

loz

Not really a suprise tbh, when u see all the facts. I just cant believe footballers do this, surely they can afford a taxi or two on their wages?

full story

Its about time footballers got the same punishment as ordinarly folk

But if this was Giggs or Beckham ect i doubt they would have gone to jail

Thats his Arsenal career over then....if it wasn't already. His contract expires in the summer, it won't be renewed. Shame , I thought he might be good enough a couple of years ago but he hasn't really improved enough to get into the team. Is still good enough to play in the Prem though imo.

People make mistakes.They should learn form those mistakes.This is definetly a mistake that should be learned from.I think he is actually very lucky that he was pulled over by the police before he crashed or killed someone.Some people are not that lucky.His carrer is far from over.It will just take time to recover.

Yeah isnt this the same as Gudjonsens (SP) ban?
he was drunk then he was stopped, but wasnt so bad.

Mean Machine anyone? ;)

aah, i hate to see this type of stuff, its like they say in that movie, he had everything, and he threw it all away. what i would do to be an ex-england U21 star player (albeit not on loan from arsenal :mrgreen: )

-fb

Agree with you footieBalla. What a pillock. Well, he's in jail for drink driving but he could have been in for manslaughter. On 40 grand a week he could afford to buy a chauffeur for a whole year, never mind a night.

Best place for that dickhead, when will they learn?

But shouldnt he have learned when he was first banned for drink driving and given a 15 month ban? I'm not saying its all the players fault, but maybe footballers in this country - i'm not sure how often it happens abroad - should be given some proper education on the matter.

Maybe get some people in to talk to them that has been affected by a drunk driver? Its got to stop as it seems to be more and more frequent.

I think they should stand him in the middle of the road and let a drunk drive towards him, lets see if he does it again after that

CWright said:
I think they should stand him in the middle of the road and let a drunk drive towards him, lets see if he does it again after that

CWright for Prime Minister.

what they do at our school is for those around the age of 16 (we start driving at 16, in some provinces in Canada 14 :shock:. basically it's the prarie provinces because they need to start driving tractors, no joke) they send them down to a hospital where they deal with victims of severe car crashes, most with mental and nearly all with physical disabilites as a result of drunk driving accidents.

this scares the piss out of us/them, and obviously the point is to scare them from drunk driving.

-fb

I agree with Chris Wright, they should let Pennant stand in the middle of the road. Great point there.

Yeah i totally agree with CW not that i think of it more. Stand Pennant in the road and let a drunk driver that won't be arrested (like a professional paid drunk driver they can't arrest) run him over and then lets see if Pennant does it again.

So sad to see this happen to a young starlet but he deserves this punishment, he was living a dream and he had to go and do this tut tut.

His carrers obviousley not over its only 3 months.

Sheep said:
His carrers obviousley not over its only 3 months.
How drunk are you Sheep? carrers and obviousley? Been on the Pennant juice? :lol: :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom