PES 13 Master League Thread

Really not too sure, the player growth in the ML is silly though my AMF went 64 to 72 in a season so imagine what it's like at the top clubs!

Yeah that's what I'm toying up, whether to play with the real squads or not. I mean, it'd remove having to get promoted which is one of the fun things about building a team.

i meant that playing with player development off though. So doing that means your ML defaults would never improve anyway right?

I never thought about promotion. I wonder if its possible to start in div2 with a real team?

Why not get yourself an OF with a proper D2 i.e. Championship, pick a team and try promoting with development off? ;)

oh i forgot i done that on my pc. I went blackburn.

But I think i want to do a la liga but there is no liga b file for ps3 i dont think.

I could not continue my blackburn one as the pc patches crash after 1 season.

the PS3 one i have is meant to be fine but i only have championship..in fact i might just redo that blackburn one on ps3. Blackburn have some really top players though in the game, good stats...prob be to easy to get promoted, ironically they are doing crap IRL though

That's why they should get rid of the overall stat as it's never about it in the first place. I've the slightest idea why they introduced it. It was never about it before and never will be.

Why not get yourself an OF with a proper D2 i.e. Championship, pick a team and try promoting with development off? ;)

Yeah the overall stats are a total waste of time. It's really taken me until this version to actually realise that, yet it seems the game still bases transfer value on the overall stat.

Speaking of Championship option files, so do the OF makers themselves completely re-do the Championship players from the ground-up, stats and all?

Well I played a couple more games in my ML, took yet another beating in the league, this time at the hands of Atalanta, with a 3-1 defeat. Was an enjoyable game but my players really suffered for having an international the day before.

Next up, came possibly my most enjoyable game in PES yet. Absolutely loved it.

I dropped the game down to -1 pretty much for the first time for a whole game, and it's made the experience vastly superior again. The reduced speed only feels marginally slower but adds a sense of 'weight' to the ball, to individual touches of the ball, players feel like they have more weight to carry when turning. It's as if the reduced speed brings out all the little technical touches of the game.

Anyways, despite now being bottom of Serie A with one draw and four losses, I'm two wins for two in the Europa League. This particular game ended with a comfortable 3-0 win at home over Dutch club AZ, but it was so enjoyable. A mostly scrappy, midfield game as seems to be the case with no development on, and with my formation putting five across the midfield, AZ almost scored but for a brilliant save from my keeper Neto before Jovetic ran the show, netting a hat-trick.

The final goal was possibly my favourite goal I've ever scored on PES. Jovetic completed his hat-trick (and his first goals of the season at all) flicking the ball over his and his marker's head, before half-volleying into the net. Best goal I've scored on Superstar level at any rate!

YouTube - Jovetic

By the way, I switched Fiorentina's stadium to the Jose Zorrilla, and also using the Europa League ball, the night games on that stadium look fantastic!

The final goal was possibly my favourite goal I've ever scored on PES. Jovetic completed his hat-trick (and his first goals of the season at all) flicking the ball over his and his marker's head, before half-volleying into the net. Best goal I've scored on Superstar level at any rate!

Beautiful mate! Absolute class!

I'm currently half way in my Top Player Master League using Sheffield Wednesday with Default Players, player development ON. I'm 3rd in the D2 league looking to get promoted to Premier League for the coming season. (using WENB option file for PS3)

Unfortunately, I'm also experiencing the inflated stats of the player development. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for the exagerated increase in every player's speed, ball handling and so forth. It's having too great an effect on the general gameplay. It's really too bad, because this is something they had really well down in the last PES games of the last console generation, which is actually the last time I got this into Master League. With the last few iterations on the new generation, I've been focusing on MLO for 2010 and BAL for 2011 (skipped 2012). It's amazing how they can screw up something they used to do so well...

After reading Supertalk/LTFC's posts, I'm enclined to restart my ML with player development OFF, original lineups. I'm thinking of either using Mallorca in the Spanish League (should get some good competition from the top Spanish teams) or using FC Copenhagen and placing them in the Championship D2 (I'm Danish and FCK is my local team, their home stadium being 200 metres from my door step, and while placing them among the Championship Teams is unrealistic, it would give me the challenge of trying to get promoted to D1 and give me the added opposition of all the Premier League teams).

I'm currently leaning towards the latter...

Last edited:
It's worth doing if you're noticing the gameplay changing as players get better, personally I'm loving it so far but I'm still to find out if players age or not - I'm guessing they don't age or retire due to there being no youth players or regens (if you played long enough you'd have no players left!).

Either way it won't bother me, I generally don't play ML any more than 4-5 seasons so it won't make too much of a difference.

I finally won a league match though, 1-0, which has lifted me off the foot of the table. I'm going well in the Europa League though, and scraped through the Italian Cup against Div 2 side Modena on penalties. I dominated the game, but without stats skyrocketing I can feel the differences between players so much better. I really need a new striker to spearhead the team, my movement up front isn't as good as I'd like. I need a striker with the fox-in-the-box card, a guy who's got the knack of being in the right place at the right time.

Last edited:
Dunno if im getting to good or just the league im in.

Started with Leeds in championship on PRoffesional and am winning most games easy 5-0 3-0 3-1 etc....

Maybe just opposition is easy, in my old save game Lazio on Pro I was doing mid table in seria a.

Thing is PES opposition makes difference, so maybe its just championsip teams are to easy?

after finishing my first season with the default team in ML i baught shane long from wba, to my surprise the lad has anounced his retirement at the end of the season at an age of 27. how could it be ?

Well I played a couple more games in my ML, took yet another beating in the league, this time at the hands of Atalanta, with a 3-1 defeat. Was an enjoyable game but my players really suffered for having an international the day before.

Next up, came possibly my most enjoyable game in PES yet. Absolutely loved it.

I dropped the game down to -1 pretty much for the first time for a whole game, and it's made the experience vastly superior again. The reduced speed only feels marginally slower but adds a sense of 'weight' to the ball, to individual touches of the ball, players feel like they have more weight to carry when turning. It's as if the reduced speed brings out all the little technical touches of the game.

Anyways, despite now being bottom of Serie A with one draw and four losses, I'm two wins for two in the Europa League. This particular game ended with a comfortable 3-0 win at home over Dutch club AZ, but it was so enjoyable. A mostly scrappy, midfield game as seems to be the case with no development on, and with my formation putting five across the midfield, AZ almost scored but for a brilliant save from my keeper Neto before Jovetic ran the show, netting a hat-trick.

YouTube - Jovetic

By the way, I switched Fiorentina's stadium to the Jose Zorrilla, and also using the Europa League ball, the night games on that stadium look fantastic!

Awesome goal that bud, especially on Superstar ;)

After having read about player develpoment, a possible solution would be to globally set all players to slow development with an editor, at least for PC players. Those Konami developers change things dramatically every year. IIRC, development on PES 2012 was a lot slower.

It's worth doing if you're noticing the gameplay changing as players get better, personally I'm loving it so far but I'm still to find out if players age or not - I'm guessing they don't age or retire due to there being no youth players or regens (if you played long enough you'd have no players left!).

Either way it won't bother me, I generally don't play ML any more than 4-5 seasons so it won't make too much of a difference.

I finally won a league match though, 1-0, which has lifted me off the foot of the table. I'm going well in the Europa League though, and scraped through the Italian Cup against Div 2 side Modena on penalties. I dominated the game, but without stats skyrocketing I can feel the differences between players so much better. I really need a new striker to spearhead the team, my movement up front isn't as good as I'd like. I need a striker with the fox-in-the-box card, a guy who's got the knack of being in the right place at the right time.

You were right about turning development off I started a campaign with Napoli on superstar and am really enjoying it, I drew the first match and won the second 1-0. None of this super speed super shooting. I'm having great midfield tussles as Napoli play 3-5-2 by default.

A little tip that works for me is when you concede a peno I always dive to the keepers right, your left as you look at it and 9 times out of 10 I save it where before the patch it was dive to keepers left. I also bought a couple of cheap players who I've used in my other master league and they play well. I just find -1 too slow so I'll stick to 0.

I also needed a striker badly as I really had only one out and out striker Cavani so I bought Eto'o for 15 mill and it has helped a lot.

Thanks for your advice about player development I always played top player but Superstar has been a revelation, love it!

I've started a new master league with a custom team in Serie A. My team is based in Rome, it's called U.S. Romanese. I'm on PS2 btw. I only have Italians in my team, and all of them are low market value, except for Candreva. I told myself to only get one real quality player and Candreva was born is Rome so I thought that I should get him and make him the local hero kind of player. Upfront I have Sforzini, who is banging in goals, and either Longo or Trotta, who are both pacey, talented strikers. My captain is Raimondi and furthermore my midfield consists of Blasi, Candreva, Sestu and Masiello. Defence is Darmian, Masi and Bassoli. My keeper is Nicola Leali, a very talented young keeper. I'm five matches into the season and I've won all five of team, including an epic comeback against Atalanta, getting behind 3-1 and eventually winning it 3-4 thanks to a last minute goal from Candreva.

Thanks for your advice about player development I always played top player but Superstar has been a revelation, love it!

No worries, it's great fun on Superstar, it's a totally different game with no player development and also on -1 speed.

I'm sporadically playing but having a great time when I do. I ground out a hard fought 0-0 away draw before getting turned over 3-2 at home, leaving me second from bottom of Serie A. Despite this, I'm top of my Europa League group with three wins out of three. Go figure.

The AI seems mile better on these settings though. I have no idea why. Previously the AI used to sit back and score dodgy goals on the counter attack, but with these settings the AI absolutely picked me apart with some great passing and has scod some really smart goals.

I've kept my same formation but in my last Europa Legue game I alter the roles two of my five midfielders from CMF to AMF and it's made all the difference to my attacking play. Oddly, I beat a fake team called Biswerhausen. I tried editing them to a real team but I can't find them in any of the leagues, not even Div 2 (which is edited fo Serie B) or the PES league. I think they're a non-playable team?

Last edited:
so how is it better? more fun?

Im on pro but thinking moving up now

I wouldn't say it's more fun, just depends on what difficulty you enjoy playing. With the development switched off the CPU doesnt seem to rely on pace but passes it rather well. But then if you're finding Pro to be too easy then give Top Player a go and move up gradually. All depends on what you enjoy really.

No worries, it's great fun on Superstar, it's a totally different game with no player development and also on -1 speed.

I'm sporadically playing but having a great time when I do. I ground out a hard fought 0-0 away draw before getting turned over 3-2 at home, leaving me second from bottom of Serie A. Despite this, I'm top of my Europa League group with three wins out of three. Go figure.

The AI seems mile better on these settings though. I have no idea why. Previously the AI used to sit back and score dodgy goals on the counter attack, but with these settings the AI absolutely picked me apart with some great passing and has scod some really smart goals.

I've kept my same formation but in my last Europa Legue game I alter the roles two of my five midfielders from CMF to AMF and it's made all the difference to my attacking play. Oddly, I beat a fake team called Biswerhausen. I tried editing them to a real team but I can't find them in any of the leagues, not even Div 2 (which is edited fo Serie B) or the PES league. I think they're a non-playable team?

To be honest I haven't noticed much scripting on superstar, on top player it got ridiculous. Some of the goals I've conceded on superstar have been well crafted sometimes brilliant goals, I don't feel cheated at all. I'm the opposite to you I've only lost once in the League but doing lousy in all the cups. Everybody is saying -1, have to try get used to it. Is there any way of getting an option file for Serie b for ps3? Or Do I have to do it manually?

To be honest I haven't noticed much scripting on superstar, on top player it got ridiculous. Some of the goals I've conceded on superstar have been well crafted sometimes brilliant goals, I don't feel cheated at all. I'm the opposite to you I've only lost once in the League but doing lousy in all the cups. Everybody is saying -1, have to try get used to it. Is there any way of getting an option file for Serie b for ps3? Or Do I have to do it manually?

I saw tons of scripting in my last ML on Superstar, but then the inflated stats for all players probably didn't help that at all. Twelve games into my ML this time around, and I'm doing pretty terribly apart from the Europa League, but I haven't come away from any defeat feeling cheated like you say.

I don't know about PS3 option files to be honest, surely there must be one with Serie B on? I'm on xbox instead. Personally, I like my OF I have so I've just edited the Div 2 teams to have Serie B names, and then did their kits in a pretty basic way, but added little touches to the kits so at least they look 'proper', not like the awful kits Konami give the default Div 2 teams...oh and I'd reccommend persevering with -1 speed. It feels a little too slow to begin with, but with the bonus that the ball and player movement somehow feels more 'weighty', and it's definitely true. I've scored some goals that really feel like you put some 'ooomph' into, and dribbling on -1 is miles more satisfying. Everything feels a touch more deliberate and technical. As for the speed, you end up not noticing it, and you tend to end up passing the ball a bit harder than before so it's no big deal really :)

So, despite my poor league form I'm finding my feet in Europe. To be honest, the teams I've played are probably weaker than the ones I've played in Serie A in all fairness. Despite this, I managed a 3-1 win against the bizarrely named Biswerhausen. I went a goal down with an own goal just five minutes in, but ground out a deserved win. All three goals were pretty nice....I loved the long range shot for the first, but my favourite is the second goal from Lazzari. I love the little animation of him first time poking the ball past the keeper in his stride. I held R2 at the same time so I think that activated that little animation.

YouTube - Europa League 3-1

I know I said before, but this Biswerhausen team, I can't find them anywhere in the game to edit into a real team. Where are they? It seems they're not in the pool of fake sides you can choose from Div2 or the PES League. Really strange. Anyone else noticed teams you can't play as in ML?

Last edited:
I saw tons of scripting in my last ML on Superstar, but then the inflated stats for all players probably didn't help that at all. Twelve games into my ML this time around, and I'm doing pretty terribly apart from the Europa League, but I haven't come away from any defeat feeling cheated like you say.

I don't know about PS3 option files to be honest, surely there must be one with Serie B on? I'm on xbox instead. Personally, I like my OF I have so I've just edited the Div 2 teams to have Serie B names, and then did their kits in a pretty basic way, but added little touches to the kits so at least they look 'proper', not like the awful kits Konami give the default Div 2 teams...oh and I'd reccommend persevering with -1 speed. It feels a little too slow to begin with, but with the bonus that the ball and player movement somehow feels more 'weighty', and it's definitely true. I've scored some goals that really feel like you put some 'ooomph' into, and dribbling on -1 is miles more satisfying. Everything feels a touch more deliberate and technical. As for the speed, you end up not noticing it, and you tend to end up passing the ball a bit harder than before so it's no big deal really :)

So, despite my poor league form I'm finding my feet in Europe. To be honest, the teams I've played are probably weaker than the ones I've played in Serie A in all fairness. Despite this, I managed a 3-1 win against the bizarrely named Biswerhausen. I went a goal down with an own goal just five minutes in, but ground out a deserved win. All three goals were pretty nice....I loved the long range shot for the first, but my favourite is the second goal from Lazzari. I love the little animation of him first time poking the ball past the keeper in his stride. I held R2 at the same time so I think that activated that little animation.

YouTube - Europa League 3-1

I know I said before, but this Biswerhausen team, I can't find them anywhere in the game to edit into a real team. Where are they? It seems they're not in the pool of fake sides you can choose from Div2 or the PES League. Really strange. Anyone else noticed teams you can't play as in ML?

I think those weird sounding teams are programmed into the Europa league, I've seen 3 or 4 myself. If you don't mind me asking did you put the proper names and stats on the players in Serie B. There are option files for Serie B on xbox but none for ps3 that I can find. I'm trying to get used to -1 but keep switching back to 0 during the match. . . some of my players are turning like the QE2 and keep getting caught. I'll have to persevere, thanks for all your advice.

How on earth do people score headers on this game, I cannot seem to do so at all. The only one I have managed is a diving header with Cavani and that was a while ago.

How on earth do people score headers on this game, I cannot seem to do so at all. The only one I have managed is a diving header with Cavani and that was a while ago.

Cross early and when the ball is in the air push the stick towards the ball to try and gt your man ahead of the defender. I score tons of headers so it seems to work!

I think those weird sounding teams are programmed into the Europa league, I've seen 3 or 4 myself. If you don't mind me asking did you put the proper names and stats on the players in Serie B. There are option files for Serie B on xbox but none for ps3 that I can find. I'm trying to get used to -1 but keep switching back to 0 during the match. . . some of my players are turning like the QE2 and keep getting caught. I'll have to persevere, thanks for all your advice.

Ah okay cheers for that, it's a shame that these teams can't be edited but never mind.

As for my Serie B, no I didn't edit any players, they are just the regular Div 2 team players. I only did a quick job on team names and kits mainly as I'm starting in Serie A and didn't want any promoted team having strange fake names etc.

I just ground out a creditable 0-0 draw away to Napoli, it was fantastic. I've never been under so much pressure, especially in the opening half an hour of the game. Couldn't get out of my own half.

Anyways it was pretty hilarious. Both teams missed the most glaring chances. I managed to miss a breakaway chance from four yards out with a totally open goal, for some bizarre reason I pressed LT (L1) just as I went to tap it into the empty net and instead he did a chip, and lofted an open goal onto the crossbar :CONFUSE:

That said, the COM incredibly missed a 1v1 against my keeper, then just had to roll the rebound into the empty net, but he slid for no reason and missed the ball entirely. Then, the COM failed to score late on with an incredible goalmouth scramble. A shot deflected off my defender, my keeper did a bizarre karate kick to clear the ball, it came off an attacker, hit the post, came out again to an attacker with an open goal, and two defenders threw themselves at the ball to block it on the line. Somehow it stayed 0-0.

I'm only playing this sparingly, just one or two games whenever I play, and it's keeping it fresh and each game so far has been pretty memorable. Such a turnaround in how the game plays with these settings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom