PES 2008 - Jon Champion and Mark Lawrenson named as commentry team

NickSCFC

Banned
18 July 2003
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Stoke City/Liverpool
I think with the next-generation of PES coming up with PES7 on PS3 and Xbox 360 it's time for some big presentation changes and improvement being made to the series starting with PES7.

I recent interviews Seabass has commented on how he'd like to improve presentation and atmosphere in the game, even going as far to hint that he's jealous of what EA have achieved with FIFA and UEFA.

In my opinion Peter Brackley is a really good commentator, but as he's now been reduced to voicing over Italian league matches on Bravo Konami really should be looking higher, as for Trevor Brooking, his commentry riles me, his voice just sounds gay and sometimes I feel like ripping off my ears when I hear comments like "Just look at those scenes, it's a pleasure for all involved!"

With EA having contracts with Sky's Martin Tyler and Andy Gray for FIFA and ITV's Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend I can't see any other choice but for Konami to go with BBC's John Motson and Mark Lawrenson.

True both these commentators can be annoying at times, but having these voice overs will give PES the authentic atmosphere it's sorely been missing!

Last edited:
Re: PES7 - Commentary

Leave TB alone, he is an Old Boy at my school! LOL! I'll have a word with him, on if they will be doing better commentating this time round.

Why you make one other Thread ?
we have already " In search for PS3 PES7 info" on Pro Evolution Soccer - PlayStation forum and "Future Winning Eleven: PS3!!! discuss" on Winning Eleven forum, and we speak already about commentary
and 2 threads is laready to big

Nobody really wants to chat about WE10/PES6 anymore, we always have seperate threads for each aspect of the new WE/PES.

Tis the way it's always been, what goes on the mile, stays on the mile ;)

Last edited:

French commentary article from OPM France

scanps3mag02yh0.jpg

scanps3mag03wd4.jpg

Last edited:
Re: PES 2008 - Commentary

I think with the next-generation of PES coming up with PES7 on PS3 and Xbox 360 it's time for some big presentation changes and improvement being made to the series starting with PES7.

I recent interviews Seabass has commented on how he'd like to improve presentation and atmosphere in the game, even going as far to hint that he's jealous of what EA have achieved with FIFA and UEFA.

In my opinion Peter Brackley is a really good commentator, but as he's now been reduced to voicing over Italian league matches on Bravo Konami really should be looking higher, as for Trevor Brooking, his commentry riles me, his voice just sounds gay and sometimes I feel like ripping off my ears when I hear comments like "Just look at those scenes, it's a pleasure for all involved!"
With EA having contracts with Sky's Martin Tyler and Andy Gray for FIFA and ITV's Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend I can't see any other choice but for Konami to go with BBC's John Motson and Mark Lawrenson.

True both these commentators can be annoying at times, but having these voice overs will give PES the authentic atmosphere it's sorely been missing!

:lmao:

yeah but motty cant even prounounce the players names right he says Pirlo like Pearlo and Xavi like chavi it really annoys me that :D

I think they need to sort out the coding rather than changing commentators .More realistic sentences wouldn't hurt either.

Proper Commentary phrases would be nice! no more "Hes cut off his options!" and also comments that dont relate to what has happened. "Its gone over the bar!" when it actual fact the ball has gone wide of the target! The commentary on PES has always been shit. Its something they have NEVER got right.

My personal favourite is

"hes had a shot... tell a lie hes missed."

The only way this sentence works is if he missed the ball completely! lol

Beatts Thats from PES2 and that made me chuckle! Also it could work if it looks like its going in but then goes wide.

Got to agree about Motty not being able to pronounce the names correctly.If he does the commentary I for one won't be buying the next PES unless somebody does a Fifa commentary patch for it.

Kaka 1899 : yeah but motty cant even prounounce the players names right he says Pirlo like Pearlo and Xavi like chavi it really annoys me that

that is how you pronounce them lol.

Kaka 1899 : yeah but motty cant even prounounce the players names right he says Pirlo like Pearlo and Xavi like chavi it really annoys me that

that is how you pronounce them lol.

i dont i say Pirlo like Peerlo (like the italians) not purlo like motty says and Xavi like jaavi maybe im wrong :8):

The best phrase was from Pro Evo 4. The moment the second half starts, he says "Lets see if its a game of two halves", winds me up everytime

It's a real shame because EA have perfected commentary, if they never improved it again I'd still be happy with it.

I wouldnt say they have perfected the commentary Nick, there are still some dodgy phrases and the programming for the commentary doesnt always work out at the right time. I like the idea EA Have about making Dynamic Commentary Online which means you will hardly ever hear the same 2 phrases twice.

Can you give us a link to the interview where Seabass said he was looking to improve the presentation-bit? Cus I really, really, really doubt that they will, hehe.

The dodgy commentary's part of PES's charm, though. It's made for some classic jokes moments, like the aforementioned "HE SHOOTS!!! I tell a lie, he's put it wide" and also "The sun is shining AND THE WIND IS SHOOTING THROUGH THE STADIUM!!!"

If anything konami need to get Jon Kabira doing the commentary, he's class especially with his RRRRRRRRRRRRRROONAAALDOOOOO and the German commentator int bad either with his "OH NEIN! Er war abseits"

i love how the japanese commentator says man utd, YOOOOUUUUNIIIISAIRRRRRRTTHORRRRRRR lol.

I'd rather have Spanish commentators than Motty and Lawro. Honestly, they are BOTH THAT BAD

how about Pearce! :D

leave the commentary as it is, it's always good for a laugh when you're playing against your m8s.

e.g. you shoot a 40 yard stunnder from the half way line, it rattles off the post with the keeper beaten. holy SHIT what a shot!!!

commentry: "ohhh, he should have got that one in"

lol theres just no pleasing some people.

Re: PES 2008 - Jon Champion and Mark Lawrenson named and commentry team

Confirmed?
Hope it is, but why have they mixed BBC with ITV?

Don't know, PES2 - PES6 mixed Bravo with ex-BBC.

So now we have a main commentator from ITV Champions League and the assistant commentator for every big BBC match, not bad going I'd say.

PS, confirmed in Zoo magazine, of all places!

Better than Brackley and Brooking.
And James and Butcher :D

just to tell you guys Jon Champion and Mark Lawrenson did the commentry for the truely awful international superstar soccer 3 on the ps2 in 2003

It is completely irrelavent what the commentary team is if the directing in the sound studio and the commentary system reamins abysmal.

Directing the commentators so that you have correct vocal intonation is crucial as is creating a commentary system that is far more sophisticated.

Back
Top Bottom