PES 2008 NEWS

stary

Non-League
23 April 2006
Dortmund
England
http://www.gamestar.de/news/pc/spie...r_2008/1471064/pro_evolution_soccer_2008.html

Es war lediglich eine Frage der Zeit: Am heutigen Tag hat der Publisher Konami die neueste Episode der erfolgreichen Fußballspiel-Serie Pro Evolution Soccer angekündigt. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

Diese trägt den Namen Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 und erscheint nach derzeitigen Planungen im Herbst dieses Jahres. Als große Neuerung wird das so genannte »Teamvision« angepriesen. Es handelt sich dabei um ein lernfähiges KI-System, dass den Spielfluss an Ihre Aktionen anpasst. Auf diese Weise lernen die KI-Kollegen aus Fehlern und prägen sich beispielsweise bevorzugte Laufwege ein. Die Konsequenz: Die Partien in Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 sollen realistischer wirken als je zuvor.

Zudem erhalten Sie noch mehr Freiheiten bei Entscheidungen: Wie viele Männer sollen in der Freistoßmauer stehen? Werden die Pfosten bei einem Eckball gedeckt oder nicht? All das liegt in Ihrer Hand. Darüber hinaus hat das Team rund um Star-Designer Shingo Takatsuka (auch bekannt als »Seabass«) die Grafik verbessert und den Akteuren ein ausgeprägtes Animationssystem für die Darstellung von Emotionen verpasst.

Die ersten Screenshots aus Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 finden Sie ab sofort in unserer Online-Galerie.

Englisch summary :

PES now is named PES 2008
Own descion how many players should stand in free kick wall
During corner kicks you can decide if the defense should capure the goalposts oder not.

New special feature : "Teamvision"

The Ki will learn which mistakes the have done and consequently do ist better next time.

Release: Autumm 07

p.s. At the screen you can see that the crowd is now in 3D !!!!

Those are the Xbox 360 shots. The PC version will still be using the PS2 engine as far as I know

In the past I'd buy it automatically but now if there is no demo, they won't be getting my money. Hope they sort all the problems out for this one.

Shaw, I believe you made my day. I wasn't sure if I would have to shell out for a X360 for graphics and AI galore, but it appears the PC-version will be up to par with the console versions. I hope nothing will differ between them, so that the PC version isn't crippled in terms of advanced functions that only the consoles can process etc.

^ I highly doubt that! PC's are pretty powerful anyway! Im sure most reasonably spec'd PC's will handle that version of PES2008 with no problems at all. I did hear somewhere that that the PC version will be the same as PS2.. Certainly with EA's FIFA 08 that will be same as PS2 on PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you're right, i don't fancy paying for a PS3 just to play PES2008. It's the only game i really play....well until GTA4 comes out anyway.

I prefer the PC version and if it DOES have Next Gen graphics i'll be a very happy boy. Especially as i'm rather good at editing the PC version now.

PC can handle this, Konami just needs to make gfx's levels editable and more in-depth like antialising, hdr, model and texture detail etc. so that even low-level pc's can handle the game without problem. I also hope they will include directx 10 support for better graphics.

Last edited:
Re arranged, im sure they will have that covered too as not everyone has a beast of a PC :) Fortunately for me I do it handles all the new games at full whack and the highest resolution easily!

Just upgraded mine 2 weeks ago, mate, never had so much fun, cos the new games like DiRT or Lost Planet with dx10 support are simply awesome esp on ultra settings.

I hope you're right, i don't fancy paying for a PS3 just to play PES2008. It's the only game i really play....well until GTA4 comes out anyway.

I prefer the PC version and if it DOES have Next Gen graphics i'll be a very happy boy. Especially as i'm rather good at editing the PC version now.

GTAIV will be out at practically the same time as PES7?

Just buy a 360 if Konami fail us with the PC version, same game as PS3, but cheaper.

Hopefully they actually improve it this time instead of making it worse...

The PC Version will be Next Generation Graphic too officially I have read this in a Message from Gamestar.de:

Darüber hinaus hat das Team rund um Star-Designer Shingo Takatsuka (auch bekannt als »Seabass«) die Grafik verbessert und den Akteuren ein ausgeprägtes Animationssystem für die Darstellung von Emotionen verpasst.

This is a pure PC magazine this means that the graphic will be bring to a new standard for PC with new Animation.

Source: Gamestar.de

Lets hope so then. I'll definately get the PC version if it has the next gen tweaks - not that the 360 version looks particularly next gen anyway!

Back
Top Bottom