PES 2008 (PC-DVD) - Official Topic

Is there confirmation of that?

Yep read it in a Games for Windows article, all EA PC sports games are current gen this year. Reason being, they say people will need a high-end machine to handle it and not enough people have one to warrant a next-gen upgrade.

Any news about game modes?

will be a cup mode with home/away legs in group phases?

EA promised to release NHL 08 with the old gfx, but next-gen everything else, esp gameplay. If it's true, i'm surely gonna be getting NHL 08, cos NHL 07 next-gen was really good in terms of gameplay and goalie play in particular.

Code:
An anonymous post on the Japanese WEYS.net Forums claims that Winning Eleven 11 (Japanese Release of PES 2008) will be released for the Playstation 3 on the 6th September. That would mean that the game would see an earlier release in Japan, which is the usual trend that Konami have followed over the years. It will be interesting to see if anything about Winning Eleven 11 is announced at the New Generation World Hobby Fair on Saturday [U](23rd June 2007)[/U]. Although the focus will be the new J-League WE 2007 Club Championship, we would not be surprised if Konami pulled off a sly one and announced/presented the PS3 version.

Code:
Maybe the New Gen Hobby Fair on the 23rd is the unveiling date after all!

So What ??? Now is 23 .....:( :roll:

Err this is a bit random, but am I the only one to notice the odd shaped 'chasm' that appears in the shorts of the players in the PES 2008 screenshots...?

Example of what I mean.

Maybe it's just me...

The PC version will have the same graphics as the X360 & PS3 versions. It is EA's Fifa that is sticking with current gen for Fifa 08....

No, these are pc & xbox360, which share the engine. And the PS3, will have the true nextgen, becouse of the exclusive between sony and konami.

Go away from this thread with this fanboy bullshit please, there's nothing official from KONAMI yet, not even a tiny screen that can prove this and you state this as if it's a proven fact.

Wouldnt bother trying to reason with that post re arranged.A lot of people who love Sony and PES are convinced their version will be a lot better than the rest. The reality is it will be the same :)

actually i just asked him to go away and keep a distance from this thread as there's enough bullshit in other PES/WE 2008 threads and i don't wanna read the same shit in this thread. Let's keep it fanboy clean.

High quality graphic ! Great :applause:
I will wait to play this 2008 version.
But what VGA card that support it. :shock:

I would love to see different goals for all stadiums. With that, I do not mean nets, I mean the 3D goal models. It would be so enjoyable!!!!

simpaty. I like wise would love to see different Goal Post models.

F.. the "crap"hics. Better gameplay and nicer animation. Oke, a little bit graphics can be nicer, but why make it heavier for your pc? Would you like to play PES with the graphics of Gears of War? If I play, I don't think everytime that the graphics will let me win. It's my skills and gameplay. The bugs in the game must got out and a much better online play. (Sorry I'm from holland, my Englisch is bad, I know)

Last edited:
Hello i am new in this forum and also in this country as well.
So I am not sure about the next-gen versions and will the next-gen also for the PC or not? Or should I buy a PS3 or a New Pc? and the new pc I want to buy is: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/836551

Is this PC good enough for ``next-gen games``?

Thnx and give please so quick as possible answer.

pes 2008 please refrain from PC World, do some research you can find some much better deals for that kind of money but please, please dont get that, Oh and Pes08 wont rn well on it :-)

Can you tell me where they sale it but for a cheaper price because I am new in this country.

THNX

For PES 2008? I dont think so mate. you need a machine that DOESNT have integrated graphics as that eats away your main system RAM which will slow down performance considerably. You would need to upgrade the GFX Card (if you can) to a decent one. I reckon PES 2008 will need a reasonably beefy machine seeing as its a port of the 360 version. Think about it, on the 360 its running on a triple core Processor... your going to need all the power you can get.

Dude, you need a CPU with at least a GeForce 8600 to run the new PES, that what my friend told me at a computer store.

how does he know that? does he work for KONAMI? lol

Seriously, dude, those graphics look like they are gonna work on the 7-th series GeForce X-1xxx series Radeon or even lower. Those graphics aren't better than Oblivion, for instance, which is 2 yars old. Only maybe some effects like shirt-pulling, watermarks, moving shirt, on the other hand Oblivion had better textures and overall higher detalisation.

Virtua Tennis 3 gfx are way better than those PES 2008 screens and VT3 works on GF6800 and Radeon X-series.

P.S. it's not CPU it's GPU.

basically if you are going to get a pes 08 compatible pc Id probably say at least a dedicated 128 but I couldnt guess what kind of CPU,
Guys your scaring me now, I have a AMD Turion x2 2 gig Ram and a dedicated 128 graphics card do you think I may not be a ble to play?

Than i will get a PS3 it´s cheaper than the PC or not?

Who lives in London and knows some cheap Gameshops. Like a Ps3 in Holland it´s 599 euro´s. And in London?

Back
Top Bottom