PES 2008 (PC-DVD) - Official Topic

NickSCFC

Banned
18 July 2003
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Stoke City/Liverpool
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

pes2008pcls5.jpg

'Learning' AI, new Next Gen iterations, and specific enhancements to gameplay revealed in Konami Digital Entertainment

GmbH's new Pro Evolution Soccer Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced that PES 2008 will be released in Autumn 2007.

The latest edition to the multi-million-selling Pro Evolution Soccer series will be released for PLAYSTATION®3, Xbox 360, PC-DVD, PlayStation®2, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) and Nintendo DS, and is primed to be the definitive football title for any format.
Key to PES 2008 is a proprietary adaptive AI system entitled Teamvision. Unique to the Konami game, Teamvision is a sophisticated AI programming that learns and adapts according to an individual’s style of play. As such, it will learn new ways to build attacks and to counter specific movements and previous attacking or defensive errors, ensuring games are more in line with the tactical but flowing nature of the real thing.

With the Pro Evolution Soccer series renowned for its fluid, realistic gameplay, the new game builds on the implementation of Teamvision with additional key advances. As with previous releases since its inception in 1996, the ball is again treated as a separate entity, with the timing of shots entirely down to the player, while the new AI ensures that defenders work to close down space and block efforts on goal. Similarly, distribution of passes works along the same lines, with players using the space available to them to switch the ball. Close control has also been enhanced with more control when dribbling the ball, and a number of subtle moves added to bypass defenders and move the ball into space.

Working in conjunction with the Teamvision system, every aspect of Pro Evolution Soccer 2008’s on-field play has been reworked and fine-tuned to create the balanced and strategic play of a high stakes match. Set-pieces have been improved, with full control given over the number of players and the position of the defensive wall. A wider range of set piece options are also available to make use of specific talents within the team.
Marking the series’ first appearance on PLAYSTATION®3, and its second Xbox 360 outing, these and the PC-DVD‘Next Generation’ versions of Pro Evolution Soccer 2008’s are further enhanced by stunning aesthetic elements. Player detail has been taken to incredible levels with full facial animation and the high-definition detail afforded by the hardware used to show full movement and subtle details to the various kits during the course of a match. All‘Next Gen’ versions will also benefit from an extensive Edit mode, allowing gamers to customise their PES experience.

“We have taken a long hard look at what has made the Pro Evolution Soccer series so popular, and where we want to take it next,” commented Shingo‘Seabass’ Takatsuka, creator of the series and Producer of PES 2008.“With the new Teamvision AI system, we truly believe that we have elevated the game to a new level. The movement of players off the ball, coupled with the total control given to the player, creates the closest simulation of real football to date. We really hope everyone enjoys our evolution. I promise it will be worth the wait.”
PES 2008 will be released for PLAYSTATION®3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), PC-DVD and Nintendo DS in Autumn. For more information, please contact Steve Merrett at Voltage PR on 010 7903 5122 or email steve@voltagepr.com.
All copyrights or trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are used under license.
©2007 Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd

Last edited:
With the new Teamvision AI system, we truly believe that we have elevated the game to a new level. The movement of players off the ball, coupled with the total control given to the player, creates the closest simulation of real football to date. We really hope everyone enjoys our evolution. I promise it will be worth the wait.

Sounds interesting.

^ Should do but I would advise you get some more RAM if this version does turn out to be the Next Gen version from PS3 and 360.

I would like if they could fix the retardness of the players and the annoyance of collision from models... tired of seeing balls trespassing feets and other weird shit..

yeah perhaps, but i like it when my player doesn't always catch up to the ball or other things like the ball hitting my other player by mistake. it makes for more realistic gameplay.

yeahhhhhhh boooyyyy

i just hope they remove the annoying scripting of the game. that's the worst thing about pes 6 closely followed by the player's weak off the ball movement

I sent a PR guy from Konami (the address was on the bottom of the 2008 release information) A question about PES 2008 on the PC. He replied with

Hi Dave,

The PC version is being developed alongside all the next generation versions, so will share the same level of graphical detail. PC, PS3 and 360 will also share the same 'look'.

Hope this helps,
Steve

Great news! means the PC version will FINALLY be Next Gen :)

Nah im not, im just reporting what I have found out by asking someone (who appears to be a PR for Konami) whether they know anything about the PC version graphically...

lol, lami, it's already been said thousand times that PC will share the same next gen engine as XBox360 and maybe PS3 too, so i see no brainwashing here, just all the same news repeated once again...

:) sorry Re-arranged, I emailed a PR guy to see if he could confirm it for me. The more I hear that the PC version will be Next Gen the more ill believe it... its just knowing Konami it wont be!

i don't think that Konami officials will be telling bullshit all together, it makes no sense. PC's are capable of really good graphics nowdays, look at CM DiRT, it's 10 times better then those PES 2008 screens.

if it's not then i'm gonna go to Tokyo and kill Seabass and all his team! This game was the main reason why i spent 1000$ on upgrading my PC and not buying PS3 instea ( thou i'm not a fan of consoles i was thinkin' of buying it actually).

:) well im hoping my beast of a PC that I built in October will handle PES2008. It handles DIRT at full everything and looks supreme!

yeah DiRT is one hell of a game graphically esp on ultra settings. However i don't like how the cars physics are done, they seem to be too light and loose control too easily.

Graphics do look quite disappointing when comparing them to other "next-gen" games, but in all honesty they look an improvement on
PES6 or PES5.1 as it could of been called, so this game may be justified in it's name. As long as the physics are sorted, and this TeamVision is actually usefull, it's all well and good teams adapting their tactics mid-game, but if your fowards still clump together, or retreat when you're in attack etc. If this isn't sorted then what the guys at konami are thinking i don't know!

As Pes fans i think most of us have got used to surperior gameplay over graphics between pes and fifa, and as konami seem to believe that this is a "next-gen" but the graphics clearly disagree perhaps they really mean animations gameplay physics are next gen, which is what i'd like to see over graphics any day.

well i think we need to see some videos and higher resolution screens to judje about the gfx's properly.

If its upto me, i wish the 360 version would be nothing different than the PS3's with all its extras (if any) simply because i'm a 360 owner.

^ I reckon they will be the same mate. Seriously I do. I dont think the Blu Ray vs DVD9 (Dual Layer) will have that much of an impact.

^ I reckon they will be the same mate. Seriously I do. I dont think the Blu Ray vs DVD9 (Dual Layer) will have that much of an impact.

I hope so, that way i can save money on it and instead get me a new mobile phone :D

Look at DIRT on PC.... 8GB Disc Size and when it installs and unpacks its like 12GB :) so the PC version might include some extras if the PS3 version does. 360 May miss out a few things or they might have to compress the FMV, Music and Commentary a bit more. It wont be a big deal I dont reckon. Im pretty certain now that ill get the PC version of this and use my good old PS2 USB Converter Plugin and play this on PC.... just think of the modding possibilities!

yea, modding possibilities on PC are immense, kitserver(Faceserver, stadiumserver, bootserver), O-edited faces and stadiums. The game will look times better then ps3 with all those mods.
cam, nothing known yet.

any idea about the requetiments minimum necessary?
Not yet mate but I reckon to get the best out of it you will need.

At least 1GB of Ram.
A decent GFX Card which has 128MB of memory or higher ATI Radeon or Nvidia Geeforce.
up to 6 GB's of Hard Drive Space or more.
Windows Xp or Vista.
CPU Probably 2GHZ or Above.

Again these are just my estimations not the actual requirements.

Back
Top Bottom