PES 2008 (PS2) - Official Topic

Hi.

Just to set things straight in my mind:

Even though there's the Fantasista mode on JLWE2007CC, there has been no talk whatsoever of it being ported to the PS2's PES2008, right? Sadly, it could be just like the first time the Nippon Challenge appeared... Only in the following year did we have the International Challenge mode :S

Am I right about this, or has anyone talked about the Fantasista mode in the European PS2 version?

Thanks.

;)New Licensed national teams for the PES2008 PS2:
England
Italy
France
Holland
Spain
Portugal (NEW)
Czech Republic
Sweden
Turkey(NEW)
Coritia(NEW)
Scotland(NEW)
Brazil (NEW)
Argentina
Saudi Arabia(NEW)
Japan
South Korea
Australia
Ghana(NEW)
Ivory Cost(NEW)
Cameroon (not confirmed yet)

Cheers,:D

B2Y\\:o/

Great news on the international team fronts but has anyone heard any rumours of whether the Bundesliga have got their act together and allowed konami to use their teams?

Hey guys the photos he seems that pes2008 not to have official boots the same existing imperfection in wejl2007, konami is stepping in the ball. :-(

Last edited:
Hey guys the photos he seems that pes2008 not to have official boots the same existing imperfection in wejl2007, konami is stepping in the ball. :-(

I read they just hadn't sorted the licenses for the next version yet, they'd expired for WEJL07CC and that's why none of the pre-shots have official boots.

Even the next-gen version shots don't have official boots, but none of the pre-release shots ever do - because boots and specific styles change so frequently I think its one of the last things they do before release.

I like the idea of being able to dive, though I get the feeling I'll probably try to use it too much.

Reminds me of old FIFA games (World Cup '98 and such). One time, I had two defenders on me, running into the corner of the 18-yard box and I dived outside the box.

Got a penalty.

Man, I was proud.

"no bundesliga,no empty teams to replace either."
barahota,where did you hear that?
no bundesliga that i know,but that there are no empty teamslots in pes 2008 is news for me,what is your source and would that be for ps3 version also?
thank you.

"no bundesliga,no empty teams to replace either."
barahota,where did you hear that?
no bundesliga that i know,but that there are no empty teamslots in pes 2008 is news for me,what is your source and would that be for ps3 version also?
thank you.

There is no Bundesliga, but there is 3 pages worth of empty teams to edit. It also looks like the dive button is PS3 only

thanks bazdev,3 pages of empty teamslots sounds great to me,i would be able to edit my favorite league then,in my case belgian and german.
OPM duthspeaking gamemag had a handson gametest of ps2 version and could not discover divebutton or shirtpulling function,this is only for next gen versions of ps3/xbox360 and pc who are simular.

thanks bazdev,3 pages of empty teamslots sounds great to me,i would be able to edit my favorite league then,in my case belgian and german.
OPM duthspeaking gamemag had a handson gametest of ps2 version and could not discover divebutton or shirtpulling function,this is only for next gen versions of ps3/xbox360 and pc who are simular.

It also might just not have been in that particular build version.

just to give you guys the heads up...Greece and Ireland have also been licenced when I flicked through a PS3 mag earlier today...also mentions that Germany is definately not going to appear licenced unless the DFB have a drastic change of heart on whatever they are bickering on and another licence is currently still being finalised

I have also been wondering if this will have fantasia mode :D Because that sounds brilliant.

Also will they have more of a database for unregistered players containing some of the german players? Hope so cause where was Baumjohann in PES6 :(

of course its the ps2 - you can tell a mile off

Then please tell me why they have this in the "about this video" thing?

French:
Description de la Vidéo
Vidéo exclu #6 - GC 2007 - PS3 : La Games Convention aura permis de découvrir PES 2008 : en particulier cette version Playstation 3 illustrée par un petit France - Brésil .

Babelfish Translation to English:
Description of the Video Video excluded #6 - GC 2007 - PS3: Games Convention will have made it possible to discover PES 2008: in particular this version Playstation 3 illustrated by small France - Brazil.

I appreciate if someone can CONFIRM that this is PS2 not PS3... because I can not see it from "miles" away... sorry i know i am a little thick...

Then please tell me why they have this in the "about this video" thing?

French:
Description de la Vidéo
Vidéo exclu #6 - GC 2007 - PS3 : La Games Convention aura permis de découvrir PES 2008 : en particulier cette version Playstation 3 illustrée par un petit France - Brésil .

Babelfish Translation to English:
Description of the Video Video excluded #6 - GC 2007 - PS3: Games Convention will have made it possible to discover PES 2008: in particular this version Playstation 3 illustrated by small France - Brazil.

I appreciate if someone can CONFIRM that this is PS2 not PS3... because I can not see it from "miles" away... sorry i know i am a little thick...

You'll have to ask them that, but it is obviously PS2 version.

There are loads of PS3/360 videos out now, and none of them look anything like this. The big capital letters in the names are poor compared to next-gen, it has the same grass texture as previous PS2 versions, there's a general lack of detail compared to the next-gen versions too.

The slightly metallic shine effect look given to the colours on the player positions button is the biggest clue for me, on next gen that looks really impressive, on this video it looks like it's just an effort to match the style of the next-gen version.

If you'd seen any PS3 or 360 videos you'd be able to tell.

ok... i haven't seen any ps3 videos... i appreciate the answers mate.

do you have any good links to some videos of ps3 version?

thanks again

Confirmed licensed club teams

Confirmed licensed club teams

Bayern München
Anderlecht
Club Brugge
Dinamo Zagreb
Copenhagen
HJK Helsinki
Olympiacos
Panathinaikos
AEK Athens