Banned
18 July 2003
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Stoke City/Liverpool
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

pes2008ps2mt7.jpg

Web Site :

Blog :
- The best blog on earth about WE/PES (Thanks Adonis and Suffdaddy)
http://winningeleven11.blogspot.com/

Date :

New Nationals Teams Licences :
- Brazil - http://cbfnews.uol.com.br/
- Portugal - http://www.fpf.pt/portal/page/portal/PORTAL_FUTEBOL

New Clubs Teams Licences :

New Stadiums :
- Dragao (FC Porto)
- Rhein Energie Stadion (FC Koln) - not yet confirmed

Pictures :

Videos :

Scans :

© 2007 Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.

Last edited:
The only licenced clubs we know of so far are the ones that were licenced in PES6. Hopefully we'll find out the new licenced clubs on 5th July.

We do however know who the licenced (authentic kits) national teams are...

England
Italy
France
Holland
Spain
Portugal (NEW)
Czech Republic
Sweden
Brazil (NEW)
Argentina
Japan
S Korea
Australia

Last edited:
HI!

Héhéhéhéhhé, more Licenses means less patches..isnt' it??
I hope that Germany will also have its true kit...pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Konamiii pleaseeeeeeeee !!
Tschusss

It's an awkward situation with Germany and footie games, saying that, PES6 had 9 new national teams licenced that PES5 didn't.

England
Italy
France
Holland
Spain
Czech Republic
Sweden
Argentina
Australia

So who knows.

Ghana and Ivory Coast are also licensens and Fenerbahce and Sao Paulo as well.

In an emergency update, news has filtered through from various magazines regarding PES 2008! Thanks once again to our legend Thomas & Riquelme10, we have some news from the French version of PlayStation Official Magazine. This magazine (pictured) doesnt really show us anything new regarding pictures, but it does hint towards some new features.

Heres a download link to get all the scans from the magazine, but be warned: No new pics and its all in French!:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7OSYX4H0

First of all is the inclusion of Ghana and Ivory Coast, both now fully licensed. More interestingly, the magazine also hints that diving is now a new feature in the game! Im sure it's a feature that many will be unsure about, but if implemented well it could benefit the game moving forward. Hint to Konami: Look at how This Is Football used it. A lesson in how NOT to do it!

Along with this, another magazine has told readers of more new features coming our way. Coming from German PC magazine Gamestar, it confirms a few things the PlayStation mag spoke of including a few extras. Here is a run down:

- 3 Buttons combination to press for a dive.
- Very difficult to dive, because the referee's often give you the yellow card.
- Gameplay and Passing faster.
- Shooting is better/harder.
- No difference between PC/Xbox 360/PS3 version.
- Licenses for Fenerbace and Sao Paulo.
- No Black screen after fouls.
- Player profiles with stats.

Cheers to The Power from evo-web for that. Right now nothing has been 100% confirmed so we're going to hold our judgment. Just a hint though, take the diving news seriously ;)

I think that the Premier Leaque is not license

Last edited:
www.winningelevenblog.com

Monday, 30 July 2007
PS2 PES 2008 Preview Courtesy of Level7.nu

Our dear friends over at Level7.nu have sent us a link to their preview of the PS2 version of PES 2008. I would like to thank Erik Hansson for sending me this Preview. The article is in Swedish so it will be difficult for most of our viewers to read, but we have a little summary in English. Here is the link to the article:

http://www.level7.nu/texter/read.php?id=145097

Summary of Preview:

* New and Improved commentary
* Better passing and first touch
* A lot of new animations
* Easier free kicks
* Community - new game mode that lets you track stats, cups and leagues for you and your friends while playing each other.
* World Tour - new game mode with mission based matches against random teams. Win without running offside against Morocco. Defend a lead against Costa Rica. Etc.
* New, lousy music in the menus.
* No improvements of Master League at all as far as I could tell without being able to save in this version of the game.

It has been much publicized that this years PS2 game will be a new experience with fully reworked animations and new game modes. This preview supports this even more. However, very disappointing that there were no changes in the Master League up until that point. Every year, the fans hope for some changes to the Master League so lets hope Konami do make some changes before release.

Much Love,

W.E.N.B. Team

Hopefully they finally add widescreen mode so that it doesn't look so strecthed on widescreen TVs. Maybe progresive scan if we're lucky

well im really impressed with ps2 winning eleven fever, i remember playing this game in turkey when i was on holidays, back then winning eleven 6 was released, when i saw the game on ps2 and the new system, i promised myself to buy a console on my return to australia, now today i play pes6 still on ps2, still enjoyable a bit more realistic then the pc version, well this all new pes 2008 has surely lifted my apetite on the beloved game

Also:

Better control in crowded situations.

More animations when there's contact between players (colliding etc). More animations when receiving the ball.

Got the preview code for the PS2 today!

Amazing framerate, the game is very very smooth.

Several new features. There's a Community option, which is basically a feature I've been begging for for years. You can create a profile for several players and then stats of the matches you play against your mates with profiles in the Community mode will be saved...you can check your win/loss ratio, pass percentage etc...and there's some classic Japanese oddities in the profiles as you get to choose your...start sign and blood type :)

Stadiums list from the PS2 Beta

Europa:
• Red Cauldron, 45000, år 1996 (Anfield (Liverpool))
• Magpie Park, 52193, år 1881 (St James (Newcastle))
• Lutecia Park, 48527, år 1972 (Parc Des Princes (Paris St Germain))
• Massilia Stadium, 60031, år 1937 (The Stade Vélodrome (Marseille))
• Borussia Stadium, 68600, år 1974 (Westfalenstadion (Borussia Dortmund))
• Hauptstadtstadion, 741676, år 2004 (Berlin Olympiastadion (Hertha Berlin))
• Blautraum Stadion, 19000, år 1846 (Schüco Arena?)
• Orange Arena, 51200, år 1996 (Amsterdam Arena (Ajax))
• Rotterdam Stadion, 52000, år 1937 (De Kuip (Feyenoord))
• Catalnonia Stadium, 115000, år 1957 (Camp Nou (Barcelona))
• Estadio Palo, 53000, år 1923 (Estadio Mestalla (Valencia))
• Stockholm Arena, 36608, år 1937 (Råsunda (AIK)

Afrika:
• Cuito Cuanavale, 32000, år 1968
• Diamond Stadium, 50900, år 1989

Amerika:
• Estadio Gran Chaco, 58000, år 1904
• Amerigo Atlantis, 66000, år 1971

Asien:
• Nakhon Ratchasima, 49350, år 1999
• Kanji Dome, 42300, åe 2001
• Dietro Monte Stadium, 41800, år 1993
• Porto Folio, 70336m år 1998
• Queens Land Park, 45409, år 1996
• Haze Hills, 60236, år 1958
• Occhio Del Mar, 43000, år 2001
• Ayase-Nakano Stadium, 63700, år 2001

http://www.level7.nu/spel/spel.php?id=3421

Hey Thomas do you know the real names for the stadiums from America? I think estadio gran chaco is la bombonera, boca's stadiums, but the other one? is it el monumental?

Hey Thomas do you know the real names for the stadiums from America? I think estadio gran chaco is la bombonera, boca's stadiums, but the other one? is it el monumental?
I think it's the same stadiums, Bombonera et the stadium with the grass in circle. But El Monumental are on the next gen version.

I've heard a rumor that the pes2008 for ps2 was cancelled, is it true?

Thanks
no

Will the release date be around the usual or perhaps different this year?

I don't expect any specific date because I think that info hasn't been released yet. But just an approximation.

Thomas, Dragão isn't your list.. You know why? I don't, maybe will be in HD..( i hope)

When you say there is no change to the ML format - is it not like the ML in WE10JL as that is an excellent ML with all the teams in their own divisions from the off?

I wonder about ML as well.

I hope to god it's different from the current crap we've had over the past few years.

And what about the release date? Not even an approx one set yet?

Back
Top Bottom