PES 2008 PS3 thread

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/797/797221p1.html[/url] !!

Konami Unveils Pro Evo 2008
First screens and info point to the most realistic footie game yet.

Konami has lifted the lid on the first details for the next Pro Evo game and has promised that it will be "the closest simulation of real football to date." Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (working title) will be released on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC, PS2, PSP and DS later this year and boasts what Konami is calling "a revolution in player artificial intelligence" -- dubbed Teamvision, which enables the opposition to learn your style of player and adapt their tactics accordingly.

According to Konami, Teamvision will totally change the way PES fans play the game, because the adaptive AI forces players to constantly rethink their tactics. So, for example, if you prefer to run the ball down the wing and knock in a cross to a tall centre forward like Peter Crouch, your opponent will quickly change their tactics to close down the wide players and mark your hitmen more heavily. Similarly, if your favoured method of defence is to protect the back four with a sweeper -- then the other team will quickly pick up on this and change their attackers to take advantage of your formation.

Naturally the effectiveness of an opponent's change in tactics depends on the team they're playing as: strong international and club squads will be able to counter your tactics faster and more effectively than less skilled clubs, although players will still notice the change in their opponents play if they resort to using the same channels of attack. Likewise, powerful teams can also punish lazy tactical play to devastating effect, so if you lose the ball in your half to Robbie Keane there's a good chance he'll score. However, lose out to a less proficient striker and the odds of them converting the shot are less favourable.

The improved AI changes the way the game is played almost on every level, forcing players to take a much wider view of the game and real use the full width and breadth of their team. As such the pitch scanner plays a much bigger part in the game because it enables players to pick out openings in the defence (if they're skilled enough, obviously) and thread a ball through to an advancing attacker.

Teamvision affects set-plays as well as free play too. Cheap free kicks are a thing of the past because the opposing defence will close down runs faster, which prevents players from passing a ball into the box and tapping a shot in from short range. Naturally there are times when you will scorean easy goal, whether it's from a well-worked passing move or a fizzing direct free kick, but the enchanced AI now means players must think more if they want to consistantly win.

Other improvements promised for PES 2008 includes improved greater close control, so there's more scope for skilled dribbling, tricks and neat inter-player passing moves. Setting up a free-kick isn't quick as restrictive either, whether you're defending or attacking. You can change the number of players in the wall if you're defending or, if you're on the attacking, plan runs more intricately and position specific target men for the kicker to aim for.

However, the most noticeable improvement PES 2008 will offer over its predecessors (apart from Teamvision of course) is the graphics. Konami promises it will be a true next-gen experience, so there will be proper facial animations, shirt pulling and kits that flow and crease as the players run around. Watermarks from sweat and rain appear as the game continues too, bringing the player that bit closer to the action than ever before. All next-gen versions will feature a fully functional edit mode too -- something that was sorely lacking from last year's 360 version of PES 6 -- so players can create there own team and or edit existing ones. As yet there's no word on which licensed teams will feature or indeed what online modes we can expect.

"We have taken a long hard look at what has made the Pro Evolution Soccer series so popular, and where we want to take it next," commented Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka, creator of the series and Producer of PES 2008. "With the new Teamvision AI system, we truly believe that we have elevated the game to a new level. The movement of players off the ball, coupled with the total control given to the player, creates the closest simulation of real football to date. We really hope everyone enjoys our evolution. I promise it will be worth the wait." We certainly hope so.

We'll bring you more information on PES 2008 in the coming weeks. For now feast on these screenshots.

winning-eleven-pro-evolution-soccer-2008-20070618032336094.jpg

winning-eleven-pro-evolution-soccer-2008-20070618032418906.jpg

winning-eleven-pro-evolution-soccer-2008-20070618032417640.jpg

winning-eleven-pro-evolution-soccer-2008-20070618032416952.jpg

winning-eleven-pro-evolution-soccer-2008-20070618032418265.jpg

winning-eleven-pro-evolution-soccer-2008-20070618032416234.jpg

Think graphics are great: typicall Konami style, with great faces. Hope to see some ingame trailers soon. Anyone releasedate for PS3?

The teamvision thing sounds exciting and I noticed that there is a picture of a player being interviewed by the press does this mean you'll be able to interact with the press

Hmmm, graphics on the player models look good with some nice lighting effects on the players shirts and faces. A bit dissaopointed with the look of the crowds though and not happy that all the shirts are still tucked in (as in 360 version). We know the gameplay will rock, but I was expecting to be blown away by the graphics. They look OK, but not WOW. Still it's early days and need to see the game in motion to see the movement and positioning of the AI players.

Not really liking the graphics in the press conference shot - too cartoony. Who's that supposed to be anyway?

How can we patch it on Blu-Ray, so they better get da licenses for all da teams, as the screen shots show they got the license for brazil and portugal

Looks nice. However, I bet slow defenders will still be able to catch the fast strikers. I hope they tackle the gameplay issues they blatantly ignored on the PS2.

"Likewise, powerful teams can also punish lazy tactical play to devastating effect, so if you lose the ball in your half to Robbie Keane there's a good chance he'll score. However, lose out to a less proficient striker and the odds of them converting the shot are less favourable."

This sounds like it COULD answer that problem... at least lets hope so ;)

On a plus point anyone notice the 2nd image is of PESUnited and WEUnited both with kits that look like they could have been made on the games kit editor... although basic its a start :)

Anyone want to play spot the difference? stadium detail is outstanding! :D

spotthedifferencesz8.jpg

Last edited:
You can edit the ball to your home stadium colours.
And if you look at the sponser and the sponser being on the ball i bet those were both edited too so editing adboards and balll could be in.

Thats a good point, not only that but a quick google search found no trace of these Brands... although i think they are spanish or italian.

Any confirmation on this would be helpful :)

i dont want to seem like im back to put a downer on things, but are those the picture of the ps3 version? I hope not.

Everything looks too soft and colourful to look like real football, and its a carbon copy of the xbox360 version, give or take a few things.

The picture of the stadia looks amazing.

And the teamvision could be the biggest thing ever introduced into the pes series.

Im also liking the name as well, althouugh i guess it was only a matter of time before the name went to year format.

Just a little side note, the translation of the term 'Kampfgeist' as seen on the ball means moral/fighting spirit... sounds like some konami edited crap to me if ever i saw it ;)

Ecstacy or Disappointment?!

Having just contacted Konami UK, we informed them that today's announcement has received a mixed response from the internet community. We have asked a couple of questions that they managed to clear up for us.

Which platform are these screen shots from?
The answer is next-gen platform i.e. anyone of PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. We doubt that Konami would ever release sensitive information highlighting if any particular console has a better looking version or any significant improvements/weaknesses on a particular platform. But with more images and details being released in the future it will soon become apparent if such is the case.

They want us to emphasize that these are very early shots of the game that were taken a couple of months ago and are only teaser shots that aren't at high-resolution. They stress that the you will see a vast improvement over the next few months. They also highlight that to truly understand why this game is a next-gen version you will have to see it in full motion i.e. video.

Any further details we will post tonight. We are expecting further details and information over the next few days so don't forget to keep checking.

This ''Teamvision'' sounds quality especially as one of my friends and i favorite way to play this game is having 3 of our own created players in a team, which we play using a fixed cursor....the AI could do with some improvement we agree on J League (but actually once players have a season to settle and get teamwork up...believe me you do see the difference and can eventually rely on the CPU players to do their thing...took C. Ronaldo one season for us to become a wing wizard, whereas Carew came right in and terrorised from the air.

Anyway if this improvement comes off my friends and i are going to be very happy to watch our Master League gel around us.

They also highlight that to truly understand why this game is a next-gen version you will have to see it in full motion i.e. video.[/B]

Hmm, methinks they should've released a video first. If the animation looks as good as I htink it does going by the player poses on those screens released today, I think the vid will wow us all.

That last screen is horse shit. The guy looks like he's made out of porceline. The other screens are passable I suppose, but Fifa looks much better graphically.

At last we are getting an AI overhaul.
Even Madden games on the Sega Megadrive had reactive AI, where if you exploited one particular play the cpu would adapt.
I'm not too fussed about graphics tbh, 'cos i detest cutscenes, and graphics don't mean anything when you have the camera set to wide mode.

At last we are getting an AI overhaul.
Even Madden games on the Sega Megadrive had reactive AI, where if you exploited one particular play the cpu would adapt.
I'm not too fussed about graphics tbh, 'cos i detest cutscenes, and graphics don't mean anything when you have the camera set to wide mode.

here here! I said exactly the same thing in the WE thread. :applause: gameplay , gameplay, gameplay...............is all that really matters. However it is nice to have photo realistic nose hairs on the players:lol:

Everybody's jersey apparantly wrinkles exactly the same way by the look of the first shot and the Ronaldinho shot ;)

The stadium is stunning. The other graphics are good but not outstanding.

Otherwise, bring it on Seabass - we've been waiting a long time.

despite the addition of better animation, more licences and teamvision, I hope konami doesnt follow its precedent of compromising new additions with other withdrawals or messing other aspects of the game up like they have with the PES5-6 (e.g. set pieces, shooting, kit thingy tc)

Pathetic. Graphics look shite for a next gen game and this 'teamvision' thing is, dare I say it, an EA-esque gimmick - such technology has already been implemented in UEFA CL on the 360 already. Who's copying who now?

i know this game will dominate my ps3,and the more i play the game the more i will love it,i have never been disapointed by kcet pesseries and de screenshots and news have reasured me.
the last fifa game i bought was fifa 2006 because of the hype, the same day i brought it back to shop ,since then i was sure ,fifa never again.
there can be only one:pro evolution soccer,on any format.

The graphics are ok but they are lacking the wow factor like a previous post stated. Maybe when in motion we will see.

Just was expecting that next makeover where gfx go a little bit organic, you know little things like kit hangs differtnly on players, maybe shirt in or out, or socks down, or mud on one player or his boots.

The player interviewed does not look anywhere near next gen in appearance, I suppose for a first port its ok.

Pathetic. Graphics look shite for a next gen game and this 'teamvision' thing is, dare I say it, an EA-esque gimmick - such technology has already been implemented in UEFA CL on the 360 already. Who's copying who now?

Well it was not implemented well as that game is shite.

Bet you still buy the game tho....

Back
Top Bottom