PES 2008 - What do you want to see?

nickgarratt

A gooner till i die!
20 August 2005
Arsenal
I had PES6 on 360 and i have to be honest with you, i found it very frustrating when i bought it and i still do to this day, but its still the best footie game around. These are a couple of suggestions that i believe need looking at...

- Dribbling/Speed - I really felt the lack of speed in this game, especially with fast players such as Owen, Martins, Henry, Walcott just to name a few, but generally the defenders are always able to catch up with such fast players, remind me of a time when Michael Dawson of spurs could catch Henry, never in a month of sundays!

- Shooting - How mach goals have you scored from outside the area and thought wow, what a goal? to be honest i must of scored like 2 since i bought the game on release. they made it practically impossible! Also the amount of times you square the ball in to the box and you literally tab the shoot button and the ball ballons over the bar, i was really disappointed with this the most.

- Refs/Fouls - They seem to miss a lot of decisions, i can literally be blocked off, stumble all due to ohers players challenges and no fouls whatsoever. Also, when players are one on one and your fouled its a straight red card no matter whether its a slide challenge or just sticking your foot out.

- Lag - Not online but when you have corners and there are too many players in the box, its a next gen console, this shouldn't happen.

- Online - I want to be able to play co-op with a mate sitting beside me and/or with a mate whos on xbox live. Virtua Tennis did a great job of this when playing doubles. invite to join team, its done and had loads of fun with that.

- Edit Mode - do i really need to add anymore?

- Stats - More accurate stats! i know we can change this in edit mode but in online you have to use the default stats which aren;t always great, Van Persie in PES6 was shocking. No god Adrianos and Rooneys thank you very much!

- Lag, was due to Konami being lazy and just porting PS2 code over to the 360 without changing anything... Proof: if you played the PS2 version in 60hz mode the exact same slowdown happened frame by frame!

The only excuse I can come up with for the lack of speed is they couldn't code the defensive AI good enough to defend against through balls. So they made the player with the ball slower to make it more difficult to score 1v1s.

I want to see:

-A friggin edit mode!!!

-Co-op on xboxlive

-Better graphics and more animations

-They should fix the chip shot, it was good in PES3, but since that it's been useless!! I loved chipping :D

-Bring back the bundesliiga

-More licensed premierleague teams (atleast for Chelsea and Liverpool)

-Reduce Adrianos skills, please.

- shooting

- shooting

- shooting

- shooting

seriously, from shooting inside to outside the box Pro Evo has it wrong. have they not seen anyone shoot in real life? the shaping of the body for a side footed shot in pro evo is the same no matter which situation, leading to awkward looking shots.

long range shots need working on. as do first time shots (that weird sweep motion wont do).

can we have next geen graphics please (compare nba 2k7 to pro evo 6... nuff said).

-They should fix the chip shot, it was good in PES3, but since that it's been useless!! I loved chipping :D

which chip shot do you mean? the small chip or big chip? i don't think the big chip is much good and the small chip doesn't really work in PES6 either, however the small chip in PES3 i think they made it too easy, i'd be happy with a medium of the two.

Also have you seen a player hit the ball with a sidefoot on his right foot and be able to swerve it left to right? makes no sence at all, you can only swerve right to left unless its outside of the foot. maybe i'm too picky! \\:o/

Manual passing as norm , using the left analog stick that controls your player for aiming the passes and not the right analog stick.

or if they are not going to do that and stick to CPU deciding where the ball goes, then ok still have the other manual pass button but let the left analog aim not the right.

- 360 movement.
- Variation not only in individual players (how they move, react and so forth), but first and foremost in teams. Their tactics and way of play should reflect how they play in real life.
- A better editor, would be amazing with a stadium editor.
- Better sound overall. Commentary, atmosphere, especially goal cheer.
- More of a build up to games, get som atmosphere in the game, some interviews or some stupid shit. Just something.
- More options on set-pieces.
- More licensed teams.
- The chance to create tournament structures and such.

And such!

better animations when players are tackled, when players get fouled they would slide on their front or their knees when brought down

wheres the ball swerving?!

i cant believe no one is annoyed at this... why cant we manually control the curl/swerve on a ball... and why is it so minimal.

the only way to do it is from free kicks, and even then it only bends about 5% of the realistic curl on a shot.

its just not realistic

My favourites from this list so far are fix the shooting (would like to see more control on it too) and 360-degree movement (some say it would ruin the game but if it does then Konami should spend a year out to add it properly, as it would add more freedom to the game). Note that both of those are "freedom" issues - which is my biggest problem with the game. The feeling that you're running on a trainline, that you can't just spin the ball around and run with it in the way that you want to, and that you can't place the shot exactly how you want it.

Ball swerving isn't something I've really thought about before but that's right, you should be able to hit the ball and get the effect you want on it. If you watch Match Of The Day (or whatever the highlights package in your country is called), you see goals all the time where the swerve takes the ball out of the goalkeeper's reach. If that's absent from the game then this should have more of a fuss made about it.

More custom league/cup options should be added as well, where you can specify the exact rules, countries whose teams are allowed to enter, the amount of teams, etc... It's not a big job to add a few extra options in that department, surely, and yet they just don't bother.

And better tackling animations would be great as well. In FIFA 07/UEFA Champions League, you laugh your head off when a mate does a really bad tackle on someone and they go down in a right state, the leg twisting and everything - or, my personal favourite, where they're "kicked into the air" and then hit the floor like a ton of bricks. Ouch. :mryellow:

All I would add to this list is include more teams - please Konami. The main attraction of FIFA (apart from the fact that it now has a 360 engine, non-automatic passes, shots that you can aim and great graphics) is that it has a ton of teams to choose from, all with different playing styles that you have to adapt to. If they included more worldwide leagues, lower leagues or even just blank leagues with blank teams and blank players so that we could add the stuff we want ourselves, then there would be more to do with the game and it would last a bit longer.

Oh, and if they let you switch teams in ML mode (so that you could start out managing Wigan and later get offered the job at Man United), that would be great as well. Another one of those features that wouldn't take that long to add, but they just don't bother.

Last edited:
More staduims
Better shooting
Eit mode
Ball swerve/aftertouch
Dynamic weather
Better commentary
Big match atmosphere
Better online

*Fully licenced
* DECENT commentary
*Changeable weather and pitches (Where they get worse as game goes on)
*Improved gameplay
*graphics
*crowd trouble (Inc flares and pitch invasions) lol

one thing that i think would make a realistic change would be to vary the accuracy of ref/offside decisions

this might annoy some of you, but it'd be realistic.

basically not to be soooooo annoyingly accurate for the offsides. it'd be genius to have some goals given even if they were a yard offside, and vise versa....

i know loads of you might moan about this, but i think it would make it a bit more exciting

at least have the option to vary the accuracy on a slider bar or something

one thing that i think would make a realistic change would be to vary the accuracy of ref/offside decisions

this might annoy some of you, but it'd be realistic.

basically not to be soooooo annoyingly accurate for the offsides. it'd be genius to have some goals given even if they were a yard offside, and vise versa....

i know loads of you might moan about this, but i think it would make it a bit more exciting

at least have the option to vary the accuracy on a slider bar or something

It already does exist though, doesn't it?

Anyway, it is interesting.

They'd have to have something like 1 in 10 which is incorrect. They'd have to implement it at a random time though. However, say you're playing a 5 minute match and this off-side factor only comes into play once, and a player gets caught off-side but no off-side decision is given and the player goes on to score and win the match as a result of this, then that would suck big time.

They're aiming for perfection in reality, but for the game, in reality it isn't perfect, so imperfection is good. The irony.

Back
Top Bottom