PES 2008 (Xbox 360) - Official Topic

Oh i actually had a glimmer of excitement at these new things. Hope it plays well, its just creeped back into my radar.

And the nets looks fantastic! Happy Days

I for one am glad the FIFA this year looks like it could be a serious challenger to PES. It means seabass and co can no longer rest on their Laurels and crank out the same game each year...

They didn't crank out the same game with PES6...

because I can't remember ever skying the ball from 6 inches to the goal-line in PES5 ;)

Lol thats a cracker:applause: The shooting was the worst in any footy game for PES6:roll: Sensi was far superior and that was done over 10 years ago:shock:

The 3 yard blast over with a feather touch to the shoot button from 4 yards out was pathetic:lol:

Just been watching X league TV featuring Fifa07, Jesus, I dont know how people can play that game. I had it myself and got rid after a month. I had high hopes for Fifa08, but after seeing a reminder of Fifa07, there is know way they are going to fix all the faults, because the basic core engine is still crap. I'm talking about when a player has a shot, the ball starts off normal speed, then next thing within a split second its in the goalies arms or in the back of the net, simply because the screen cant keep up with long range shots, and the ball frame rate is embaressing. Then theres the collison detection, if you get nudged off the ball, suddenly you are no-where near the ball and the oposing player is 5 yards away out of reach, and lastly because of the poor animation and frame rate if you turn on the ball and atempt a quick pass the player stretches and almost stamps on the ball, but still performs a powerfull long range pass, I just cant see how anyone can enjoy it, totally un-realistic footy. Dont get me wrong PES6 was crap, an absolute rush job, I dont care how much Microsoft payed to get Konami to get it out early, it wasnt worth it in the long run as it did a lot of damage, but still its better than Fifa07.

I think looking at how PES7 is shaping up, the gap will widen again, its looking like the game we expected the first time round, its going to be class, and I dont think somehow I will be tempted to buy Fifa08 this time. Cant wait.

Yeah, from what I've heard about J League WE 2008, Konami have redone atleast half on the animations making the game look 50% more like a real football match compared to PES6!

Just been watching X league TV featuring Fifa07, Jesus, I dont know how people can play that game. I had it myself and got rid after a month. I had high hopes for Fifa08, but after seeing a reminder of Fifa07, there is know way they are going to fix all the faults, because the basic core engine is still crap. I'm talking about when a player has a shot, the ball starts off normal speed, then next thing within a split second its in the goalies arms or in the back of the net, simply because the screen cant keep up with long range shots, and the ball frame rate is embaressing. Then theres the collison detection, if you get nudged off the ball, suddenly you are no-where near the ball and the oposing player is 5 yards away out of reach, and lastly because of the poor animation and frame rate if you turn on the ball and atempt a quick pass the player stretches and almost stamps on the ball, but still performs a powerfull long range pass, I just cant see how anyone can enjoy it, totally un-realistic footy. Dont get me wrong PES6 was crap, an absolute rush job, I dont care how much Microsoft payed to get Konami to get it out early, it wasnt worth it in the long run as it did a lot of damage, but still its better than Fifa07.

I think looking at how PES7 is shaping up, the gap will widen again, its looking like the game we expected the first time round, its going to be class, and I dont think somehow I will be tempted to buy Fifa08 this time. Cant wait.

Really? What has Seabass shown that makes you think that? Where is full analogue control? Proper Physics? Realistic shooting? And many, many other stuff that has made the series ridiculous so many years?

Last edited:
All in good time Tubbs.

From what I've read over the past month here.

PES 2008 shooting is better

PES 2008 ball is heavier (physics)

PES 2008 collistion detection is more accurate.

Konami can give a list of improvements, but the biggest improvements every year are the indescribable ones that you can only notice for yourself.

i for one can't wait for the editor, it has already been mentioned that you can edit pretty much anything

can someone please tell me or direct me to a place with info on what I need when it comes to downloading option files for the 360. PES2008 will be the first PES/WE game i ever played on the 360 so have no clue at all.

You need an XSATA, although I wouldn't order it just yet. As the review says:

"...games that are tied to a specific 360 will not transfer via the XSATA either"

In other words, if Konami choose to lock the option file saves (and they have been known to do utterly stupid things in the past), it will be impossible. In which case, limber up your fingers and set aside a few months for editing, or start saving for a PS3.

Last edited:

"...games that are tied to a specific 360 will not transfer via the XSATA either"

In other words, if Konami choose to lock the option file saves (and they have been known to do utterly stupid things in the past), it will be impossible. In which case, limber up your fingers and set aside a few months for editing, or start saving for a PS3.

cheers Jack. Looks like I will be setting aside a few months. :)

I don't really understand this, can you please elaborate?
If the XSATA doesn't work with the OF then I'm in big trouble .

I've got the game. Screen captures of the 360 version coming soon.
Presentation is ALL new, ugly, but at least its all new. TONS of music tracks now playing, all kinds of genres. VERY up to date rosters for PES and this is not the final version by any means.

Jack Bauer said:

I don't really understand this, can you please elaborate?
If the XSATA doesn't work with the OF then I'm in big trouble .
This means that if someone makes an OF on their Xbox 360, then transfers it via XSata to 2nd 360 then it WONT work on the 2nd 360. This was originally the problem with Xbox 1 game saves and was eventually cracked.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got the game. Screen captures of the 360 version coming soon.
Presentation is ALL new, ugly, but at least its all new. TONS of music tracks now playing, all kinds of genres. VERY up to date rosters for PES and this is not the final version by any means.
Nice 1 Riot we will all be most grateful for what ever info you can give us.

PS2 build has an incredible framerate!!! Fucking smooth. I was scared that going from the 360 build to PS2 would be horrible because of the framerate, but its smoother than the 360 currently (these are PREVIEW builds keep that in mind). There's FINALLY a cool community feature on the PS2, where you and your buddies can create profiles and then when you play using these profiles all your stats like wings, goals, sucessful pass ratio are saved...absolutely awesome, I so wanted them to have this kind of feature that would maintain one's stats.

Tnx Riot, any chance of checking the ML on the 360 version? I know there are hunderds of people on here dying to find out whats been done to it.

Riot - could you take some pictures of the Tottenham team? Would be interesting to see the kit and stuff - especially if its licensed!

Apparently no screens can be taken of the preview version so I took the news down. Sorry, got excited there and no one officially told us there would be a problem taking screens so I posted some, but I opted to take them down now...I'll post more hands on impressions once we know what the situation is.

Back
Top Bottom