PES 2008 (Xbox 360) - Official Topic

NickSCFC

Banned
18 July 2003
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Stoke City/Liverpool
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

pes2008boxss4.png

Yes, PES 2008 is coming to Xbox 360, yes, it won't be as crap as last year's rushed version.

Discuss Xbox Live superiority and dodgy d-pads here!

Last edited:
Looks shit. Dpad movement again? Fuck you Konami. My boycott will continue. Try introducing some analog gameplay, and we'll see about me buying a PES game again.

Konami said in their press release that dribbling has been redone and it's alot closer, someone else mentioned 16 way movement over 8 way movement, which could be classed as analogue.

We'll see about the movement, but all of the previous versions had movement which was very clumcy, and couldn't let you make the exact movements you wanted to make.

I think if they were changing it, they'd have made more of a big deal out of it.

The problem is the 360pad needs an other programming, they can not port the PS2 style on the 360pad! It must be optimized for the 360! But i dont think konami will do this, first focus will be the playstation 3 for sure!!! Konami=slaves of Sony!!!

have you seen the screenshots? not much changed graphically by the early looks of it. Ill judge again when new media comes out but I aint holding out much hope.

From what I've heard the main changes have been to AI, control and animation. None of this can be shown in screenshots, Konami should've released a video instead.

Let's be honest, they claim to be redoing the control every year, yet they still give us the same 8 directional crap.

I actually think the graphics are quite nice, much better than last year's for sure.

To be honest wanted completly new graphics as i think these look shit compared to fifa. If Pes 8 doesnt have 30+ stadiums, massive edit mode, save replays, xbox live co-op then i defo won't buy this game because ive bought pes 1-6 and from 6 konami are going backwards!
Hopefully these are all in and we can all start playing PES again.

p.s if Adriano is unplayable again i won't buy this game either!

Come on man, what is this based on? It worked just fine in the ISS games on the N64.

Indeed.

Like I said in another thread it's 8 directions for a reason, sharp turningjust wouldn't work using analogue dribbling.

Well, with analog movement, your player will turn as sharply as you hold the analog stick. The only thing that changes is the finer control you have (so that you don't need to turn in 45-degree steps every time, you can for example aim a run exactly in between two opponents and slip past them, whilst in earlier PES you either moved in the same direction or turned 45 degrees.

Konami said in their press release that dribbling has been redone and it's alot closer, someone else mentioned 16 way movement over 8 way movement, which could be classed as analogue.

Guilty as charged.

My source was from here: http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=49822

The screens are sweet. The player models and how well the uniforms fit on the models look perfect. I promise you in motion this game will look better than FIFA. The player models look spot on, and the framerate is much smoother. Now I just hope they get some more big time licenses.

ok so now we know that there's gonna be an edit mode, hence there will be option files knocking around.

when i applied an option file to PES5 on my xbox i used a max drive thingy, what the equivelant for the 360? is there some sort of transfer device released yet?

That game was awful, half the time you were doing slidy spins on the spot while the animation stayed still.

Lol, man, what nonsense. Even if that was the case, it was the game's fault, not the controllers. I've played shit loads of games with full analog control, and they never suffered from unresponsivness.

Let's be honest here, your comment was based on nothing.

Lol, man, what nonsense. Even if that was the case, it was the game's fault, not the controllers.

Let's be honest here, your comment was based on nothing.

I just said the game was shit, did you completely misread my reply? I said that game was shit, can't you read?

Those screens are old shots according to the spokesperson at konami, they will look polished for final release.

Also there will be extensive edit re introduced as well as many other refinements. Watch this space.

Konami always release screens this time of year and the game always comes out looking the same.

The only difference you'll see in the final version is licenced boots and maybe some more ore licenced kits.

too true. Well said NickSCFC.

The sooner the fanboys realize they are about to be shafted again the better.

Remember konamis comment about the next gen graphics? This will come back to haunt them. They clearly have no clue what next gen graphics are, the screenies are average at best.

What exactly was the point in releasing them? Just to say, 'its a beta, just wait until you see it move.' Why not just release a video if they wanted to impress people.

And lets not forget that EVERY year they say how the AI has improved. Yet this year they give it a fancy name and the fanboys go wild. Jeez - this is a ploy FIFA and EA have been using for years, and we know how they all turn out.

IMO Pes fans are tooooo loyal to seabass and his team. Konami and co really dont deserve you.

All this talk that the finall release will continue and continue, even when the game appears on the download sites, fanboys will still claim its the beta version.. Just like with pes6.

Last edited:
What exactly was the point in releasing them? Just to say, 'its a beta, just wait until you see it move.'
Exactly.

Why would you rush out screenshots that look nothing like the final game? I'm sorry but not even Konami's PR guys are that stupid.

You don't release screenshots that look almost exactly the same as the current game's screenshots unless they're close enough to the final product (I'm talking minus an official pair of boots here and an Adidas ball there). As a company you want everyone to buy your game - the graphics whores, the gameplay lovers, the cheats, everyone. So you wouldn't rush out the release of screenshots that put the graphics guys off your game totally, just to please the impatient people who are desperate for information (who Konami won't give a toss about anyway).

Last edited:
Come on man, what is this based on? It worked just fine in the ISS games on the N64.

I have to agree here, the old ISS N64 games (and the overlooked but solid ISS2000 on PS2) worked well using a swivel system. It did alter the pace of the game somewhat but it did allow more accuracy in some areas.

I liked the array of movement on ISS 2000... shame the players squatted and sometimes danced around stupidly :) lol

Can't wait for more info that we'll be receiving on the 5th of July! I've gone back to playing PES3 on the PC for the time being because I hate PES6 and 5 doesn't play that good on the 360.

I hope the game is larger in size. Wish they'd go back to how it was in PES3 when it comes to setting your tactics on formation settings. I wish they allow us to be more extensive as well! Defending has to be improved too. Silly how centre-backs move side ways and allow you to run straight through. Getting a tackle in should be easier too. Goalkeepers need improving. Shots shouldn't be flying in when thyy go just past them.

Yeah, I'm ranting a bit. I'm a fan that's always euphoric about the release of PES games and, yeah, PES5 was OK, but not better than 3 in my opinion and all the ones released after that have been disappointing. Hence why.

ok so now we know that there's gonna be an edit mode, hence there will be option files knocking around.

when i applied an option file to PES5 on my xbox i used a max drive thingy, what the equivelant for the 360? is there some sort of transfer device released yet?

sorry to quote myself but maybe my question was overlooked,
anyone have an answer? done a little bit of research and there's a data transfer thing from xsata i think. is there anything else? does max drive have a 360 version yet?

I just said the game was shit, did you completely misread my reply? I said that game was shit, can't you read?

When you consider what the discussion was about, it looked as if you were implying the reason the players swivilled was because of analog movement.

Calm down, man.

Back
Top Bottom