PES 2010 360/PS3 Demo Feedback

Tom

Administratør
Staff
12 December 2001
Hamburg
Alright, in an attempt to keep this thread alive without deleting all the great things contributed in here, I've waded through the last couple of pages and deleted a plethora of replies which really shouldn't have been posted and "helped" turning this thread into a stinky pile of poo.

So before I'll reopen this thread, which will probably be in a few hours (because I want you all to read this first), let me clarify some things I'd like you all to respect from now on:

Within the last few years, our website has evolved from being a PES/WE-only site into a community that's trying to bring all videogaming football fans together. This includes FIFA. Being born as an ugly twin with three legs, it also took me some time to get used to it. Because honestly, I hated FIFA. The day we would grant FIFA webspace on this beloved site was supposed to be the final day of my administration. But I learned to cope with that. Hell, I even grew into respecting FIFA and liking it. FIFA 09 was probably the game I've played most (online) in the last ~12 months. If somebody would have told me that three years ago, I'd probably have slapped him like there's no tomorrow.

I'm telling you guys this because I can totally understand every single opinion in here, even though, in all fairness, I would have chosen some more mature words here and there

This place isn't supposed to be a battlefield between PES and FIFA fans. This place has evolved into a site for people who like football and I'll do everything that's necessary to maintain the enjoyment this site has given me since 2001.

We should all unite and stop the childish "Fanboy"-yada-yada-yada. Let us all enjoy that there's two big companies still giving their very best efforts to let us all have fun playing these games.

In an effort to not let this thread go down the dumps again, show some more respect among each other. And keep your personal stories and insults out of here. Completely. Talk about the PES 2010 demo in here. Heck, you can even talk about FIFA in terms of comparisons. I love seeing constructive criticism without reading "FIFA FANBOY!" in the next reply. But the very moment I notice this thread is drifting into the (personal) gutter again, I'll equip my banhammer of doom to sort things out. Without handing out warnings. You've been warned!

End of my story. Show some more respect, we're all aiming for the very same thing: Having fun playing football games.

Tom out.

Last edited:
Just had a quick go due to being at work.

Better than 2009! goes without saying. Slower gameplay.
Graphics look nice
CPU AI I hope isnt final.
Chants are still repetitive and annoying
Players run as if the have a broom handle up their ar*e.
compared to the "f" game it didnt feel as responsive *imo*

At the moment would find it easy to say - maybe next year! =O(

Only had one go - so maybe things will change after a bit of time on it.

Just had a quick go due to being at work.

Better than 2009! goes without saying. Slower gameplay.
Graphics look nice
CPU AI I hope isnt final.
Chants are still repetitive and annoying
Players run as if the have a broom handle up their ar*e.
compared to the "f" game it didnt feel as responsive *imo*

At the moment would find it easy to say - maybe next year! =O(

Only had one go - so maybe things will change after a bit of time on it.

I thought they'd sorted the running animation? Are the sounds of the ball being kicked as bad as last years?

I thought they'd sorted the running animation? Are the sounds of the ball being kicked as bad as last years?

Ball sounds like a cleaver being taken to a melon - and the whistle WTF did they find that sound?

Models look nice just seem "wooden" in a sprint motion. They dont seem to lean into a sprint, its as if they are not rying.

my reaction: meh

much better tactically compared to FIFA, if only they incorporated some aspects of FIFA's near-perfect dribbling system this game would be so much better. It's PES5 with knobs on. finer angles of movement with dribbling are noticeable while using just the stick and while holding RT.

is the demo out on psn?

I have a mid east account german account, japanese account and american account.

which one will it come for first

Tactics system looks really good and you can definitely see the difference in the changes you make before the game. Graphics are really nice. Nice and smooth frame rate. Passing seems pretty good and not too many way-ward passes. The difference between the speed of the passes between say Barcelona and Germany is massive. With germany the pace of the game is so much slower I felt because of the way they pass the ball.

Some responsive issues. Dribbling seems really hard even after about 5 games. Not sure if its just like that now or its due to the responsive problems. Seems really hard to close people down when they attack which I think may be an issue to do with the responsiveness again.

I like the small subtle animations but there really need to be a lot more! Running animations still need loads of work but looks like PES 2011 is gonna have to incorporate that.

The 360 dribbling is hard to notice. Obviously the little direction adjustments can be seen with the higher rated dribbling players but they sort of hide it with little subtle animations so hard to tell

Generally seems like a decent game. I won't say anything else really cause I've only played 5 games and the responsive issue is sort of effecting how I play at times. Nothing brand spanking new that sticks out from the gameplay really but it looks to more rewarding and more realistic than the last 2 games anyway.

Presentation is a plus point for me too.

Crowd sound effects still aren't good enough along with the ball sounds too

• Staff
Guys, your everyday-PES-talk isn't what this thread was supposed to be made for. You don't have any impressions or feedback on the demo -> no party here. I'll push the reset button in here soon, so save what you can carry!

edit: 14 replies *flushed*

Last edited:
So it IS a polished PES 5 game?

Just played a couple of game so i can't say much, the pace looks similar to pes5 and even the response time (which i find real compared to the unreal pes6). Visually very good but there seems to be the usual lod issues.

But pes5 is still a superior game in all aspects, off the ball moves, passing, shooting and goalkeeping.

I'll say more tonight when i go home and play with friend.

If you can still play PES 5 now and love it, without feeling like you're missing out on anything (other than graphics), then man you are going to love this game.

So in short, a hell of a lot of people are going to love this game.

German most likely, between 5pm and 6pm UK time (GMT+1). The Xbox Live demo should be out in an hour.

Thanks will be looking forward to it

Decided to take the day off work today, just downloading Xbox 360 demo, its at 78%.

I will give it a good couple of hours playtest. Check for all the bugs, and note all the improvements over PES2009, check the sliders, tactics etc and report back what I find. Good and the bad.

Graphically its beautiful. I'm hating the animations right now, especially since I only recently tried out the FIFA10 demo. 360 movement is there and a lot more noticeable than in FIFA but the bad animations make the 360 movement seem a little broken.
It looks like they tried to emulate FIFA's pace but it turned out bad. FIFA's pace works for FIFA cuz the whole game was built like that. PES2010 is PES trying to be FIFA IMO.
I'm gonna wait for the PS3 demo and see if I enjoy it more with the better pad but right now its not looking good. Only a good online and master league mode can save this for me. Other it'll have to be *gasps* FIFA10 this year.
And I'm a PES fanboy.

Was it not confirmed by someone who works from Konami to be the latest build yesterday?

It's a newer build from the one at Gamescon. A Konami rep called Richie confirmed this on another Pro Evo website.

Lami said:
Kaiwai from wearepes confirmed its "much more advanced than in Cologne!

It certainly will look like what we saw at the Stade de France"

No more super cancel , no more fake shot . Now fake shot look more like SHOT+SUPER CANCEL and it's so so so crap. Response time is big of passes , shots. Auto tackle is here too
Konami fix one thing and broke five !

Last edited:
The game looks stunning. Absolutely stunning in replay mode. Fifa looks great this year imo but this just has that pop. (Talking strictly player models).

Can't comment too much on gameplay other than "it's PES". Reminds me of a less responsive PES5 at the moment. If they can fix the responsiveness then this could be interesting.

I'm having fun atleast. Something that hasn't happened with PES since 2008's version (for me).

My vids are uploading. Any requests from the xbox360 version?

YouTube - PES 2010 Demo - Ibrahimovic Miss

Last edited:
The game looks stunning. Absolutely stunning in replay mode. Fifa looks great this year imo but this just has that pop. (Talking strictly player models).

Can't comment too much on gameplay other than "it's PES". Reminds me of a less responsive PES5 at the moment. If they can fix the responsiveness then this could be interesting.

I'm having fun atleast. Something that hasn't happened with PES since 2008's version (for me).

My vids are uploading. Any requests from the xbox360 version?

Perhaps some running animations, mate. How are you finding the sound effects, mainly the kicking noises? Same as last years?

No more super cancel , no more fake shot . Now fake shot look more like SHOT+SUPER CANCEL and it's so so so crap. Response time is big of passes , shots. Auto tackle is here too
Konami fix one thing and broke five !

See if you can change the player settings to getrid of the auto tackle I think it was posted on the discussion thread after gamescom

I'm really enjoying the PC demo. Even though it's a slower paced game and responsiveness has lost a touch it's very free flowing and lacks the rigidity of PES 2009.

I don't have any issues with the animations and I've only seen auto tackles on full assisted controller settings. Whack it down to semi and it's a lot better. I've scored some belters already (even though it's only on regular difficulty at the moment - I'm getting used it all right, don't judge me :ANX:). Played it on top player for a few games also, Barcelona are deadly up front, as they should be, I conceded a few goals in only a matter of minutes.

A few niggles already after 15 or so games...
- Goalkeepers are terrible. Seen a few parried shots already. I've even seen them miss kick the ball (realistic? hmm) and instead of collecting the ball I've seen them clear it out or parry it out of play.
- The chants are awful (Wiverpool anyone?), but at least the ball sound is toned down.
- Sometimes I've pressed a button and it's done nothing on headers etc - this may just be my crappy PC though.
- Reaction times are bothering me a tad - again this could be due to my PC though.

I need to get a better PC for this. I've already had to whack it down to medium and at half my resolution to get a steady 60fps. Therefore, I will be downloading the PS3 demo to see the game at it's best and to see whether these niggles and response time issues are just my PC.

Uploading some videos of goals now. The feeling of scoring in PES is really what is missing from FIFA IMO, check out these goals once I've uploaded.

PES is back folks, let's hope they have fixed to response times further as stated in the PES 2010 discussion thread.

Last edited:
I can't really pass comments on in here because as gameklip says, it's PES. The movement is so crap to me, it just feels so wrong. Players feel like they've all put on ten stone. The first pass I hit, I held down vertically straight on the stick, the pass went horizontally straight to someone else. The first goal was from the goalkeeper walking towards the ball instead of sticking a hand out. It just infuriates me from start to finish (and if the guy from Konami says this is a later build than the Gamescom build, that's proof enough for me). But if you love PES 2009 then there's every chance you'll love it.

The graphics are incredible, I think the response times make it more realistic, and I'll give you one thing, the oomph in the shots is great. But the rest of the game is, in my opinion, just awful. I'd rather play PES 5, and I'll leave it there now that the demo is out and the fanboys will be out in force soon...

EDIT: Holy Christ, changed my mind about the response times being more realistic. I pressed pass and it took him four steps forward before he decided to think about kicking the ball, at which point he got mauled by a defender.

Just timed the latest instance of this; 1.5 seconds before he hit the shot. Now I don't know about you but it doesn't take me that long to pull my leg back and kick a ball. It is INFURIATING me. How anyone could complain about the response times in e.g. FIFA 08, but then magically think they're great in this, is totally and utterly beyond me.

And then the CPU goalkeeper decided, "I'm not going to save this next shot, I'm going to chest it, turn around and nearly run it into the back of my own net" - which someone else has complained about as well, what's that all about?

Each to his own but this is unplayable as far as I'm concerned and I genuinely don't understand anyone who can think this is a good game. I've never been a fanboy in my life and I see the good and bad in everything, but this just feels terrible to me. But each to his own and if you enjoy it, have fun.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom