PES 2010 360/PS3 Demo Feedback

will the WE10 be exactly same as PES2010? i'm sure someone said it would be different cause WE10 is much faster as japanesse like it fast and the euro version will be slow

you got it backwards man, as a die hard Winning Eleven series fan I can tell you that each and every WE has always been quite a lot slower than the european counterparts.

As a matter of fact J.League Winning Eleven 2009 Club Championship (which was released in August on PS2) is a whole lot slower than PES2010 Demo on PS3.

yup, WE series was always slower and more measured. I remember searching feverishly for WE8 for months only to find it on vacation in Argentina lol

you got it backwards man, as a die hard Winning Eleven series fan I can tell you that each and every WE has always been quite a lot slower than the european counterparts.

As a matter of fact J.League Winning Eleven 2009 Club Championship (which was released in August on PS2) is a whole lot slower than PES2010 Demo on PS3.

I never used to play PES but all my friends used to say my winning eleven games were slower than there PES games.

I'll be plenty disappointed if the final version of PES is faster than the demo, I noticed some super speed & customary pinball football on some WE2010 demo vids.

I hate all this shit man about fifa is shit, pes is shit,
The truth is they are both quality games, which one is better is anyones opinion and taste and they way they see football when they watch it.

Pes is better in my opinion but fifa is still very good and the fact that both are going to be sold at £25 each on ther first day of release at ASDA, Happy Days is what i say.

They are both the best of what each company have ever made an that means this is the best year for football games ever, how can people be pi*sed about anything, fair enough if they dont like one but ther is always the other and if you dont like any of them than go and play football down the park (cant get better than the real thing can it).

Lets get back on topic which is the PES DEMO

as long as the pes2010 game is like WE10 demo then i believe PES is back!

PES is back anyway.

The demo has a few glitches and gripes but its still ace to play. Its almost guarunteed there will be a 20% (significant in the scheme of things)improvement once it hits the shelves;)

Last edited:
i guess theres a new special feature in the game for the italians...they can headbutt players:

YouTube - PES2010 - Italian Headbutt Bug

oh well, worked out for me, i was brazil ;)

Thats what I dont understand about this collision detection malarkey. I thought that was pretty good, funny, but cool. Defender makes connection with a cheeky headbutt, and the keeper gets knocked off balance. It's not like his head went through him like that Ibra and whoever snapshot. Maybe its that clipping stuff I'm not understanding. :CONF:

Anyway, anyone watch Berbatov tonight ? Some of his first touches were stunning. The one where he got caught offside at the end of the 1st half, and he took it over his shoulder and caught it on the end of his foot, and brought it down, was beautiful, very Bergkamp and Zola-esque. His first time flicks, backheels, touches in general were on a different planet. Thats pure undiluted technical mastery. Even more impressive as he's a big guy, and thats not the normal way of things, Zlatan and Zidane, and probably more excepted.

Played some more WE 10, and this just gets better and better the more I learn it, and the more I play it. Some of the unexpected instinctive flair touches by the top players are awesome. Using R2 and caressing the ball, or moving out of your feet, depending on the stats of the players is class. I saw a few 1st touches from the lesser technical players were the ball bobbled up, they then had to take a couple of touches to get it under control. High technique players take the ball dead. Zlatan took one down over his shoulder with the outside of his left boot, on the run, and set the shot up perfectly. All created because of that ridiculously difficult to pull off 1st touch.

If you weren't fast on PES 2009 then you struggled as a player, and Zlatan was less effective. Now you feel like you are him, with all his qualities, and the same goes for alot of the top players. You would think Henry's shooting and passing had been mo-capped by himself, he representation is frighteningly real.

I also found you cant really standing tackle from behind. Sometimes in other PES titles and definately Fifa, you could get tackled with your back facing the opposing player. That was all wrong and very unrealistic.

I hit a thunderbolt from Gerrard from 40 yards that was flying in the top corner, only to be tipped away at the last minute by an unbelievable finger-tip save. I only used half power but the ball was out of my feet, and I was attacking it with a good three strides. Not managed to get one that close before. Alot of that was Gerrard's long shot card though and the position I put him in for the strike. His strike was a head down and crack it type of strike. You cant direct those in real life, you aim for the target and hope for the best. Sometimes they fly in the top corner, sometimes they dont. But the theory of the shot is one where it will usually continue to rise. So keeping the power lower, helps with overal final height of the rising shot. I tried the theory and it worked. I was skying them over previously.

Also I did have trouble finding corners with shots, hence my earlier post about shots been to linear. I have pulled alot more off now but feel you really need to aim more accurately than before. And timing is everything, missing that window to strike by a split second for 1st time volleys will make the player control it before shooting. You can pull them off. I've done quite a few now, its hard, but possible, and I didnt think that before, hence my rant. I do appreciate the freedom concept of hitting it regardless and with the shot being mis-timed it flys into the stands. And I do love that. But I appreciate the concept of hitting a volley like that flush, and the perfect timing and technique that shot requires. Zidane's winner in the Champs League Final is a good example. So having a small time window for these volleys is a good idea if your looking to replicate the realism of that type of highly technical strike, and have success.

Also, and this was weird, but I scored three goals, from inside the box twice, and once from 25 yards. They all found the corners better than I could manage previous. The first goal, I noticed on the replay that I pressed shoot just after Zlatan had glanced up to see where the keeper was. It flew in the far corner as aimed. The second goal, I waited for him to look before I shot and same result. And again from 25 yards. Probably just a huge coincidence but I like the thought of the glance up before shooting giving you the added accuracy, as it does in real life.

The tricks are also based on you actual movements naturally and applied for the most part to its controller pad directional equivalent. I like that. And more so that only players with over 70%, 80% and 90% can pull them off. And they are nice and subtle and feel very relevant to the movement used on the pad.

Yep, I'm loving it.

Last edited:
Your impressions make good reading jimmy.
Berbatov has an excellent 1st touch and I admired his skill since his Leverkusen days. I remember a goal he scored in the CL a few years ago he took the ball with his back to goal, flicked it over his head, turned and volleyed the ball into the net.

Your impressions make good reading jimmy.
Berbatov has an excellent 1st touch and I admired his skill since his Leverkusen days. I remember a goal he scored in the CL a few years ago he took the ball with his back to goal, flicked it over his head, turned and volleyed the ball into the net.

That was v Roma in Italy. Awesome goal

Am I the only one when everytime someone mentions WE10 in this thread, I'm actually picturing the old Winning Eleven 10? :D Of course I know you guys mean the WE 2010, but for some reason I can't really help picturing the old WE10 (probably because it was the WE I enjoyed the most, lol).

does anybody miss the manual cursor change like WE/PES decades ago?

now there is only semi-assisted which is very2 assisted, and unassisted, which is ridiculus IMO. unassisted doesn't even change the cursor upon passes.

what i need is the cursor does remain there on the player i change (when defending) but it goes to any player i pass on attacking.

now there is only semi-assisted which is very2 assisted, and unassisted, which is ridiculus IMO. unassisted doesn't even change the cursor upon passes.

what i need is the cursor does remain there on the player i change (when defending) but it goes to any player i pass on attacking.

my thoughts as well.

Yeah I miss the manual cursor changing... I never understand when devs change things for the worse or remove options of years gone by, it's just too ilogical

I miss that very much indeed :(

I've been toying around with unassisted. I've manage to time the player switching in between passes, and it does improve the overall experience as we can improve the player positions for shooting, etc. But what annoys is me when you're in a crowded area with your teammates, the teammate A.I goes and takes control of the player and conducts its own action, which spoils the build up I was working on.

... which is why people are frustrated and bemused they changed the old system for this wierd unassisted 'scheme' ; it feels more like playing 2 players with the CPU as the second player on your team... crazy stuff.

I've been playing the PES 2010 demo and I can't go back to 2009! The AI improvements on tactics as well as perfectly reproducing individual player abilities to reflect their style on the pitch makes this game too fun to stop playing. The slower pace makes the attacking build-up much more satisfying and important to do well. I'm having too much fun!

I spent most of my time on the demo playing a lot of matches with the French national team and I'm loving the AI movement off the ball to assist in attack and defense. I was always complaining in 2009 how the AI didn't move up to join the attack but I'm having a different problem now as they're going to the final third too well and my midfielders and even strikers are always ready to supply a cross to someone that's not even there! xD

All the players act and perform like their real-life counterparts. The differences between the French LBs Abidal, Evra, and Clichy are so apparent I love having to decide who to play against different countries. Then we have Henry, Ribery, Malouda, Nasri, Lass, etc. They feel exactly how they would be playing in real life.

Defensively I haven't had too much complaints except some strange collision issues when the ball is in the air. The players stutter to win the ball and it's my only complaint about the game aside from some same old keeper issues.

The back four seems to hold the line much better in this version but they're also vulnerable to crosses from pacey wingers, maybe I haven't explored the tactics feature well yet.

In terms of game difficulty, the AI defense in Normal was too easy, but it feels like they're cheating on Top Player mode. My AI opponents already have 3~4 people near my ball recipient almost all the time and they are instantly closed down. Even when I feel I've made a swift counter-attack, their players have got their back four as well as their holders lined up to counter it. Games in Top Player always ended in a 0-0 draw or the AI got a lucky goal off my goalie's poor handling etc.

I guess it's nothing bad because I've been having some good games in Professional with 2-0, 2-1 games with me winning most of the time. It's probably more of an adjustment personally.

A small complaint of mine would have to be with player stats. I haven't had too many issues except with Torres. I love his pace, his strike, and his movement, but I feel his dribbling could be improved a bit. Small issues really :)

Even though I live in the U.S., I will import a UK copy because Konami gives minimal support to the North American audience :/

Overall I'm very positive about this game!

I notice that WE 2010 (from the demo) still has the PES logo :) Wonder what the Japanese think PES is :)

Loving the WE 2010 demo.

Are you talking about this logo (I haven't played the WE2010 Demo yet), by chance?

wepes.jpg

Well, J.League Winning Eleven 200X Club Championship has had that logo on the package, instruction booklet and title screen since 2008, a little detail which led me to think that Konami has been trying to gradually merge the two franchises somehow.

Also (and point in case): the top of the "cup" is actually a "W" so it says "PES" if you read it from left to right and "WE" if you read it from top to bottom.

Watch them call the next iteration of he franchise "Winning Evolution Soccer".

Last edited:
That's the PES Productions logo. Which should be the same team in charge of development for both games.

iv'e gone full circle with the pes2010/we2010 demo...loved it at first now i can hardly bring myself to play it

after playing fifa 10, pes just feels so dated...the animations are so rigid and the keepers are awful...the ball has that marble effect that ruined pes2009

i'll get pes2010 regardless because there are some aspects of pro that i still enjoy but would love for it to be better than the demo....i played my brother last night on the demo after we had played fifa 10 for a few hours and we turned it off at half time

the reason i loved it at first is because it's alot better than pes2009 but still has a long way to go in my opinion

iv'e gone full circle with the pes2010/we2010 demo...loved it at first now i can hardly bring myself to play it

after playing fifa 10, pes just feels so dated...the animations are so rigid and the keepers are awful...the ball has that marble effect that ruined pes2009

i'll get pes2010 regardless because there are some aspects of pro that i still enjoy but would love for it to be better than the demo....i played my brother last night on the demo after we had played fifa 10 for a few hours and we turned it off at half time

the reason i loved it at first is because it's alot better than pes2009 but still has a long way to go in my opinion

Exactly my feelings, i spent saturaday night at friend hourse and the same happened to us!!!!

I guess reviewing pes after playing fifa is gonna be tough. Konami would be better off by releasing the game before EA....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom