PES 2010 360/PS3 Demo Feedback

anyway, what i didn't like in the demo is:

* you cant change the number of players at the wall (i used it a LOT)
* the new feint they do when you push the direcctional button twice ahead of the player, i mean, it's nice.. but by doing that in previous PES you kicked the ball ahead, and i just got used to it
* the keeper cannnot join the attack for CKs?!
* the awful PK style

other that those points, I love the game :)

PS. sorry for my bad english

pes2010 really is a step above any other football game in terms of graphics isnt it? spot on.

can i ask you guys something? do you ever get frustrated there isnt much better animations in the game? if it had say, 3/4 of the motion capture fifa 10 has it probably would be the greatest football game ever made imo.

First of all apologies for the non-HD quality, these videos are done using my phone. Will pick up a HD camcorder soon.

A few goals I like for different reasons. Nothing to spectacular, just the realism of the physics for the most part.

The Kaka goal I liked due to the beautifully clipped in lobbed through ball, followed by Kaka's conviction with the diving header. He really attacks the ball. But what impresses me the most is the angle at which he connects and the animation and position of his body when the ball goes in.

Kaka improvises and the top corner of his head rather than his forehead. Look at the angle in which he hits the floor and finally lands, totally on his side. That to me is an excellent animation totally relevant to how he headed the ball. It was also my first goal scored against the CPU Superstar level and the only goal in the game.

YouTube - Kaka Diving Header

The second one looks alot faster than it was in real time. It was against my friend and he scored it with Messi. To be fair, because he beat me with the skill and sent me the wrong way, I let him have his moment of glory with the shot by not trying to tackle him with my last defender. The trick did me well and proper though. I liked that.

YouTube - Messi Magic

The last one is a goal from myself I have just scored in my first game back on the WE demo since my weeks holiday. What I like about this was big Toni's poor touch, the way Fabiano knocks him off balance as he clips his heel attempting the tackle which makes Toni lose control of the ball.

Then as Toni trys to get the ball back, little Robby blocks his path causing Toni to try and leap over the little fella. This give Luis Fabiano time and space to get the ball out of his feet and smack one in the far corner. I havent really been able to find the corners like that previously as I'm still learning the new shooting system. So I was happy with the strike.

But not as happy as Robinho's cheeky obstruction of Toni. :LOL:

YouTube - Luis Fabiano Goal

Again, sorry for the far from great quality.

Last edited:
lol What the hell is Toni doing so deep? he's behind the midfield ;)

It's because PES isnt regimented in positional structure like another game I could mention. Or, the CPU has the 'Player Switching' tactical slider set to high. Or, the fact Toni has a special 'Card' where he drops deep to pick up the ball and sheild it due to his strength and size. Also, in real football it isnt uncommon for a player to be caught out of position.

Take your pick mate. ;)

Last edited:
To the extent of being spitting distance away from the CBs in his own half and no DMC in sight? lol I don't thinks that's down to genius programming to be honest.

It's because PES isnt regimented in positional structure like another game I could mention. Or, the CPU has the 'Player Switching' tactical slider set to high. Or, the fact Toni has a special 'Card' where he drops deep to pick up the ball and sheild it due to his strength and size. Also, in real football it isnt uncommon for a player to be caught out of position.

Take your pick mate. ;)
how the fuck do you explain that ridiculous animation he does? So toni in real life would drop back behind the last defender and play sweeper? cmon dude

how the fuck do you explain that ridiculous animation he does? So toni in real life would drop back behind the last defender and play sweeper? cmon dude

IN real life he went as far as playing with the reserves teams....so i guess konami are being generous by having him as a sweeper....

Come on dude what Gomito ?

I'm not saying he was playing as a sweeper, whatever happened in the 30 secs prior to me capturing that goal was the reason Toni was on the half way line ?? Possibly he was retreating from my half from pressure being applied ?

As for the animation, he is trying to get out of the way of a smaller player. Toni is 6ft 5". Robinho is 5ft 8". What isnt there to understand ?

For fuck sake, it's called the flow of the game. Are you guys really trying to tell me a striker can never be somehow caught on the half way line at any point in the game and for whatever reason ? Thats fucking crazy, especially as he is programmed on this game to drop deep. It's one of his strengths.

I refuse to waste my time explaining probable eventuality.

Read my first answer. End of conversation.

Last edited:
Probably toni was doing some defending during an italian cornerkick, gattuso being called into the box for the header...how many times i had roberto carlos in the box when i had corner kicks on my side??? Countless....

First of all apologies for the non-HD quality, these videos are done using my phone. Will pick up a HD camcorder soon.

Then as Toni trys to get the ball back, little Robby blocks his path causing Toni to try and leap over the little fella. This give Luis Fabiano time and space to get the ball out of his feet and smack one in the far corner. I havent really been able to find the corners like that previously as I'm still learning the new shooting system. So I was happy with the strike.

But not as happy as Robinho's cheeky obstruction of Toni. :LOL:

YouTube - Luis Fabiano Goal

Again, sorry for the far from great quality.

my pick goes to the fact he was playing against his 6yo brother who didn't know which goal he is suposed to score in.. and then he stole the ball, kicked it and got lucky.. and proceeded to yell at his little fella with the purpose of celebrating, oh, and took time to reach out for his cellphone and record it :P

am i the only one having issues with the advantage plays?

you see, when i got fouled the ref tends to blow the whistle even if the loose ball ends up at my player's foot.

i can also see this in the new madrid vs inter vid, come on, even pes2009 never had this problem:RANT:

Although my video's seem to go down like the Titantic on Prozac, I cant stop now, my luck has got to change soon.

Anyway, I bitched about the lack of responsiveness with first time shots. Then I learnt that it's all about perfect timing. I have seen a few dodgy animations with regards shooting, but this one for me is physically and technically spot on. It was the equaliser on 'Superstar' level in the last minute. I had all my offensive sliders up and the goal was all the more sweeter as 10 minutes before, with Italy 1-0 up, Toni dived in the box. I swear it looked like I caught him very slightly, but when I watched the replay I didnt touch the cheating fucker. When the ref blew the whistle I thought I'd conceded a 'glitch' penalty. I laughed my ass off when the ref booked him, and Toni gave it the old Italian 'pray to the sky' animation in the cut-scene as if he'd been the victim of a huge mis-carriage of justice. :LMAO:

The goal ........

Fabiano takes the shot perfectly in his stride, after a slight body check before he strikes the ball, he doesnt have to 'reach' for it, then catches the ball beautifully on the drop with the laces of his boots, and a slight bit of rise on the ball to give it that clean, low driven strike on the very slight half volley. The line stays very true, with slight variations of movement in flight. Perfectly replicated for me that, physics wise. The net bulges nicely to with the power of the strike. Nothing too spectacular, but bearing in mind I have had trouble catching these shots right, it felt nice.

YouTube - Fabiano first time strike

Last edited:
The goal ........

Fabiano takes the shot perfectly in his stride, after a slight body check before he strikes the ball, he doesnt have to 'reach' for it, then catches the ball beautifully on the drop with laces of his boots, with a slight bit of rise on the ball to give it that clean, low driven strike on the very slight half volley. The line stays very true, with slight variations of movement in flight. Perfectly replicated for me that, physics wise. The net bulges nicely to with the power of the strike. Nothing too spectacular, but bearing in mind I have had trouble catching these shots right, it felt nice.
:WORSHIP: :APPLAUD:
Nice one Jimmy, I love those.

Nice shot that, Jimmy.:APPLAUD:

I really wish I'd captured my 25 yard Dani Alves strike. A beautifully placed inside of the left boot shot after arriving on the edge of the area. These are the goals that make you jump out of your chair and a sure sign that PES is back.:))

Back
Top Bottom