PES 2010 features officially announced by KONAMI!!!

BLaZiNgSPEED

League 1
25 August 2007
London, UK
Manchester United
Here is what konami released today about PES 2010 ..

"All new season, all new game" according to Konami"

Australia, April 7, 2009 - Konami today announced PES 2010, and boldly stated that it "will benefit from the most exhaustive raft of new features in the series' history, with every aspect of the game benefiting from key improvements." The game is coming on PS3, Xbox 360, PC, PSP, PS2 and mobile phones this Australian Spring / American Autumn.

PES Productions, the Tokyo-based development team, is setting out to make this the most realistic football simulation available, with player feedback a key part of the process. "We have been monitoring feedback and comments on the progression of the PES series for some time now, and PES 2010 will see us implementing a great deal of the ideas players have been requesting," commented Naoya Hatsumi, Producer for PES Productions at Konami Digital Entertainment Japan. "We aim to make PES 2010 a more user-friendly, immediate experience that places the emphasis on getting straight into the gameplay for which the series is famed. PES 2010 will look better, will play better, and will recreate real football as closely as the current hardware will allow."

The team has expanded for development of PES 2010, with the creation of a number of dedicated departments focused on different aspects of the game, such as online. The key additions/changes to the game are:

* Gameplay: "PES 2010 focuses on enhancing the excitement of matches between players, making for a truly challenging experience that will constantly test the player. Intuitive zonal defending will cover spaces and players need to look constantly for new ways to attack. PES 2010 focuses on being a real football simulation, as it requires both strategic play and quick reactions, as in real life. In addition to key out-field elements, goalkeepers are more versatile and with abilities matching those of modern shot-stoppers. The game's referees have also been reworked, with smarter AI elements allowing them to make more balanced calls during matches."

* Improved Visuals: "PES 2010 has undergone a major visual revamp, with its celebrated player likenesses and animations now even closer to those of real-life players – including live player expressions to be depicted with an improved lighting system which differentiates between various conditions! Stadium detail is also massively improved, with the grass and other in-stadium elements finely depicted."

* All-new Animations and Moves: "Animations now dovetail into each other seamlessly, with dribbling and shots on goals worked into dribbling animations. More individual skills are also on show, including new flicks and tricks that have a definite showing on the way a game flows. Several elements have been completely reworked, with the dribbling, turning and kicking animations greatly enhanced, while there is a noticeable change in pace when a player passes a ball from a standing position than from within a run."

* Enhanced Master League: "Master League has been thoroughly renewed with the enhancement of managerial aspects, which enables users to enjoy managing a team for a longer career lifespan. Seen by many as a key contributor to the series' success, the Master League elements in PES 2010 have been bolstered by far-ranging and vital new additions, dedicated to enriching the mode."

* AI: "The Tokyo team has worked to improve the AI of the game, with Teamvision 2.0 implemented. Midfielders and defenders now work together to cover open space and close down attacks, meaning that cover can be provided for lower-ranked defenders. This also has the additional effect of removing soft goals, thus returning PES 2010 to its simulation roots. In terms of attacking, players can also now move several players (at) once, sending them into different areas, opening up more goal-scoring possibilities than ever before. As such, PES 2010 necessitates a new level of control from the player. Strategic thinking is as important as quick passing, but the new system greatly opens the way the player oversees control of the team. In free kick scenarios, for instance, players can now instigate the runs of the players awaiting the ball in the penalty area."

* Individual Play Characteristics: "In previous PES games, the team formation has determined the movements of the players. PES 2010 introduces a new system wherein the individual attacking and defending nature of the players is integral to the way they play. Each player enjoys unique AI tied into their best abilities, and is reflected in the actions of their team mates – i.e. if a player who is known to be a good crosser of the ball is in possession, more players will flood the penalty area to receive it. Similarly, if a player is known to be good with close control, defenders will work to cover their stronger side, while lone strikers will be automatically supported by midfielders on receipt of the ball."

* Strategy Use: "A new power gauge system allows users to balance their strategy in a quick, but wide-ranging way before a match. Every element – pass frequency, movement, the line of defence, width of play, or the position of the front line – can be altered to match those of a favoured club: Juventus Turin are a dangerous side on the counter-attack, for instance, while FC Barcelona use width in their attack. These formulations can be altered at any point, too, with Home and Away matches forcing different circumstances on the user, as does the rigours of a Master League season."

* Enhanced Online: "A new dedicated section of the Tokyo team is committed to improving the online side of PES 2010. More downloadable content is also planned. Konami has supported PES 2009 with the release of new licensed teams, transfer updates, etc, and this support will grow for PES 2010. Team and content updates are planned throughout the game's lifespan. These will make the game even more bespoke to the player's match day needs."

* Match-Day Atmosphere: "Crowd reactions to the on-field action are now more varied, with all new chants and cheers. The subtle difference between Home and Away matches will be reproduced, and the crowd will react spontaneously to specific situations in a game, showing their disdain or pleasure as fouls are committed and goals scored. Likewise, the commentary has been altered to offer a fresher, more concise overview of the game."

* Penalties: "An all-new system has been implemented, offering greater control, placing and accuracy."

* Exclusive Europa League License: "Konami has strengthened its relationship with UEFA and can announce it has secured the exclusive video game rights for the Europa League Licence (formerly known as the UEFA Cup). In addition Konami will be enhancing and developing the use of the UEFA Champions League within PES 2010 to make even better use of the best club football competition in the world."

Hands up who won't believe a word they say until they've played it.:TTTH:

Please, please, please give us our game back KONAMI.

Last edited:
I trust PES more than FIFA when it comes to PC.
To be quite honest PES always tries to change something every year. PES 2009 was a change, but ofcourse a change for the bad.

Lets hope we get a change for the good!:D

I'll just continue to play ISS Pro games as if they were brand new so I can believe PES will be good again.

Otherwise this is pure bullshit.

I trust PES more than FIFA when it comes to PC.
To be quite honest PES always tries to change something every year. PES 2009 was a change, but ofcourse a change for the bad.

Lets hope we get a change for the good!:D

If this news push EA to make a next gen FIFA on PC we are saved either way....if we finally get a ng FIFA10 I would care less how PES turns out to be....

You said before that EA had a UEFA CL and Europa League license (here)..
Now I read it's KONAMI that has an *exclusive* UEFA CL and Europa League license..

I'm.. confused, to say the least.. :BLINK:

Is it me or I cannot understand how sane people can care about licenses on PC?:BLINK:

I've been doing kits for PES since PES4 so I'm the one that doesn't care that much about the licenses..

It was only a doubt about some marketing strategies.. Look again at those 2 sentences.. Accordin to BlaZiNgSPEED and Basilis, either EA or KONAMI is lying!!

EA claims that they have the license.
Konami claims that they have an *exclusive* license.

We could expect 4 scenarios at the end of the year:
- none of them has the license: both companies lie
- only Konami has the license: EA lies
- only EA has the license: Konami lies
- both of them have the license: Konami lies anyway, because they claim they have an *exclusive* license

So, let's see who's the liar.. I don't really give that much about this license, it's just something about marketing :P

Its always the same. Every year it's supposed to be the best version ever, and however it's still the same. I bet we will be playing exactly the same game next year, only that we have to restart editing.

You can do manual passing, just use the right analogue stick on a dual-shock style pad.

Same promises, with further enhances which end up detracting from the gameplay which is THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT.

I wish Konami would understand that the aesthetics, licenses, netcode are all extra fancy additions. What makes the game enjoyable is how well the gameplay is balanced and optimised. It feels like a great deal of effort went into this in PES6, but the last two have been absolutely shocking as if not a single person has played tested it.

I'm also worried they spread themselves too thinly using their previous success of PES titles to bring the game to every format under the sun...PS3, Xbox 360, PC, PSP, PS2 and mobile phones, and I bet you they get an offer for the Wii which is too good to turn down.

Judgement reserved till the demo. Generic press releases mean little.

Last edited:
Same old bullshit. blah blah blah. It hasnt been good since Pes6.
Last year was the first time I didnt buy an ISS/WE/PES game since they started and it was the first time I bought FIFA. I wish they cared even half as much about the game as the fans do

You can do manual passing, just use the right analogue stick on a dual-shock style pad.

Yeah, and you have 8-16 way directionality at most, and clicking the stick to power up can make for very unpredictable powers (and not clicking the stick even worse since the pass starts powering up and locks the directionality after you only move the stick a very short distance.

I mean like FIFA09. In fact, exactly like FIFA09. I don't mean "manual passing" like, I want to pass the ball in that general direction, I want the resolution to choose whether I want to play a pass to a teammate right on his foot, or 20 centimeters infront of him, at +20 meters. Also I want to be able to alter directionality up until just before the player actually strikes the ball, locking the direction as soon as the pass starts powering up is not realistic, since the player hasn't even started the animation yet, and there would be nothing stopping a real human from adjusting the direction of the pass up until midway through the "animation".

Etc etc etc... ;)

Last edited:
I dont know why there is so much pes bashing. Ive played both pes 2009 and fifa 09. Pes is the game you wanna play over and over. To be honest pes 6 had alot of issues. Pes 2009 has alot of issues but is a better footballing game overall. I used to play pes 6 for like 8 hours a day (instead of going to college), it did get too arcade-like. Ok pes 2008 was a bit of a blunder but it was going in the right direction. I personally think Pes 2009 is the most realistic football sim out there so Pes 2010 can only be an improvement on this...

To follow on from Trance_Allstar, we all want this but its impossible to implement that exact thing into a football sim these days. You'll need to wait a long time for that.

Last edited:
I used to play pes 6 for like 8 hours a day (instead of going to college)
Now I understand why you can't stand it anymore I guess :))
PS: We solved the same issue (not being home, so being unable to play PES) exactly the other way round: everyone brought his joypad to uni and we played tournaments directly there with a notebook connected to a LCD projector..

How much I miss those days..

I dont know why there is so much pes bashing. Ive played both pes 2009 and fifa 09. Pes is the game you wanna play over and over. To be honest pes 6 had alot of issues. Pes 2009 has alot of issues but is a better footballing game overall. I used to play pes 6 for like 8 hours a day (instead of going to college), it did get too arcade-like. Ok pes 2008 was a bit of a blunder but it was going in the right direction. I personally think Pes 2009 is the most realistic football sim out there so Pes 2010 can only be an improvement on this...

To follow on from Trance_Allstar, we all want this but its impossible to implement that exact thing into a football sim these days. You'll need to wait a long time for that.

Not sure I follow you correctly, but it does exist, in FIFA09. I used it as an example of how it can be designed. Or did I misunderstand you? :)

More indept details underway!:P

Konami just formalize the output for next fall, Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 on PS3, Xbox 360, PC, PS2 and PSP (the Wii version, the gameplay specific, will be released as usual later.) According to the editor, the changes as expected by fans of the license this time will indeed rise, PES 2010 is announced as the simulation of football's most realistic to date.

In order to improve different aspects of the game, Konami began with skim forums PES fans to gather comments on the strengths and weaknesses of the series. Then he created different departments, each being responsible for further improvement in the appearance of the game that he was entrusted. The team eventually lead "to more complex, the more realistic and more fun NSPs.

Here is a list of key improvements to PES 2010:

A more intuitive playability
PES 2010 will first seek to obtain more sensations in matches between players for a new challenge. To begin with, a zone defense intuitive cover all areas and players must constantly seek new tactical schemes. PES 2010 aims to become a true simulation of football, claiming both the strategy and quick reactions, as in real football. In addition to the key elements relating to the game, goalies will be more versatile with the talents of the same nature as those found in the most efficient guards. What affects the referees has also been reworked, with elements of AI that will make more spontaneous fairer during their matches.

Improved graphics
PES 2010 has undergone a major overhaul visual always focused on the accurate representation of the famous players with animations still closer to the behavior of real football players but also their expressions to be replicated in real time with a game of shadows and improved lighting that will distinguish the different conditions! Details of the stages will also be greatly improved, lawns to architectural elements finely represented.

New moves and animations reworked
The animations now coming more naturally, both of dribbles that repeated strikes to the best abilities of the players. The individual talents are most often reproduced, including new techniques and feints gestures which will integrate their accurate representation in the actions of Thursday there are many elements completely revamped animations for dribbles, fluidity of movement and firing will be greatly improved resulting in significant effects on the pace of play by a player will make a pass at the stop or the movement of his race.

Atmosphere more lively and more credible in the stadiums
Reactions in the stands will be more diverse, with new songs and cheers. The subtle difference in a game at home or abroad will be reproduced and the audience spontaneously react to certain situations in the game to show his displeasure or joy related to actions on the ground. Similarly, comments will be reviewed to fully support the game in a more spontaneous and more concise.

A revamped Master League mode and enriched
The Master League mode has been completely renewed with the development of aspects of management: it will provide players the opportunity to manage a team over a period much longer. UEFA Champions League, will be integrated into the Master League mode.

A more efficient IA
The Tokyo team has worked to improve the AI of the game by implementing the Teamvision 2.0. Midfielders and defenders will now work together to cover the open space and ward off the enemy attacks, which means that coverage at various levels will be possible for the defenders. This will also serve to avoid unannounced goals to return to the fundamentals of PES in terms of simulation. Regarding the attack, players can now move multiple players at once and send them in different areas which will multiply the opportunities to score. For that, he had to open more PES 2010 control of the game to players. The strategy takes as important as the speed passes, the new system will provide a much greater freedom in the supervision by the player control his team. For example, for kicks, the player can now generate movements with his attackers who expect the ball into the penalty area.

Increased importance of individual reactions of footballers
In previous PES, the training teams that primarily determines the movement of footballers. PES 2010 introduces a new system where it is the characteristics of offensive and defensive players who are taken into account in the organization of the game Each IA has an own, related to its specialty, which is reflected in the movements of their teammates. For example, if the player in possession of the ball is known for the quality of its centers, there will be more attacks that will put in the repair area to receive his passes. Similarly, a player known for being a good dribbler will be guarded by the defenders, especially on his favorite side, and the attacking edge will be automatically supported by midfielders when they receive the ball.

More strategic possibilities
A new system settings will allow players to adjust their strategy before a game, so quick but decisive. All components - frequency of passes, moves, positions of lines of defense and attack, gauge of the game - can be adapted to the characteristics of your favorite team: Juventus of Turin, for example, especially dangerous in attack against then - that FC Barcelona will attack the entire width of the field. These may also be modified at will, where appropriate, to take into account the fact of playing at home or abroad, and because the rigor needed when participating in a championship like the Master League.

A new system of penalty kicks
A whole new system was developed to provide greater control over the firing, placement and accuracy.

Online features more developed
Team from Tokyo, a new department was charged with improving the online game in PES 2010. It is also expected to increase the downloadable content. Konami has already made on many occasions updates to PES 2009 with the addition of new teams licensed, taking into account the transfers of players, etc.. This will be even more common for PES 2010. Updates and content teams are scheduled throughout the lifetime of the game and it will track more accurately the number of staff over the competition.

The exclusivity of the license "Uefa Cup"
Konami announced last have strengthened its relations with UEFA and have obtained the exclusive license of the Europa League, hitherto best known as the UEFA Cup. Konami will offer more competitive world through PES 2010 UEFA Champions League and the best clubs football.L team eventually lead "to more complex, the more realistic and more fun NSPs.

OH MY GOD.. THEY FIXED IT.. THEY ACTUALLY FIXED IT...... YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
AFTER COUNTLESS YEARS STUCK WITH THE SAME CRAP STUPID SENSELESS RETARDED PENALTY SYSTEM...

FINA..FUCKIN..LY

PEOPLE REJOICE WITH ME!!!

Last edited:
OH MY GOD.. THEY FIXED IT.. THEY ACTUALLY FIXED IT...... YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
AFTER COUNTLESS YEARS STUCK WITH THE SAME CRAP STUPID SENSELESS RETARDED PENALTY SYSTEM...

FINA..FUCKIN..LY

PEOPLE REJOICE WITH ME!!!

I have confidence they can mess it up still. ;)

Let's hope they design it well though, because if they give us too much control we will see people pinging penalties into the top corners constantly instead, which might not be fun either. :)

The Wii version of PES2009 has a system like the ISS games for the N64, which probably would work better than what we have had so far atleast.

I have confidence they can mess it up still. ;)

Let's hope they design it well though, because if they give us too much control we will see people pinging penalties into the top corners constantly instead, which might not be fun either. :)

The Wii version of PES2009 has a system like the ISS games for the N64, which probably would work better than what we have had so far atleast.

ISS 64 & 98 on the N64 had the best PK system ever with a good balance of luck vs. skill. Adding a power bar to that would be perfect.

ISS 64 & 98 on the N64 had the best PK system ever with a good balance of luck vs. skill. Adding a power bar to that would be perfect.
Yeah, that method was class, and it provided a very wide range of options: aiming with d-pad was different from aiming with the analog..
In addition you could chose to perform a "placed" shot or a strong shot, and the accuracy varied consequently..

They got more or less how a "real" PK has to be taken: if you are skilled enough you can place it in the top corner, otherwise you'll really want to kick it hard somewhere in the goal and hope the keeper won't save it..
And there was really a little difference (but totally user-controlled) between a goal in the top corner and a missed PK just over the bar by a couple of inches..

In addition, sometimes you could see keepers "retain" PKs, something that I've never seen again since in a Konami game..

Back
Top Bottom