PES 2010 Masterleague

Finished the 2015-2016 season by winning the Europa league for the second year running. Doubly sweet, as we beat Liverpool in the final. Made up for the losses to them in the league. Again slipped into the Europa league spots towards the end of the season. Had been sitting a solid third prior to that.
Mata SS and Van Wolfswinkel CF were stars for me. Mata made the Europa league team. Van Wolfswinkel scored nearly 30 goals. Finished top scorer in the league with 20.
Looks like Pienaar and Cahill will be leaving. Being awkward with their negotiations. The kind of money they want is not feasible for players who aren't in the first team. Pienaar is particularly annoying. Wants a rest every five games. His overall has been gradually dropping. Asked for a renewal salary of over 6m. Arsenal are sniffing around him. Haven't made an offer as yet.
Retrained Virota to be a wing forward. Superb crosser of the ball. Have good options on the right hand side now. Coleman at the back. Virota can play there too. Also have Ashley Young who usually plays RW. Need to strengthen the left side. Only have Bains and Gosling, now that it looks like Pienaar will be off. Midfield and SS are other areas I need more depth in. Fellaini and Wallace are amazing. If either of them got injured I would be struggling.
Defence has been solid with Jagielka and Rodwell at the centre. Promoted a youth player who has filled in when required plus Distin can drop in too. Will probably need to add here too.
Still struggling to make any big name signings. Just never seem to have any joy.

Also been using this team in one on one game's with friends and family. Much more competitive against people who were trouncing me before. The front three move around very intelligently and impressively. Covering for each other and creating space, swapping positions. Really is a joy to behold.

Do the special ability cards make much of a difference? Mata has loads including 1 on 1 finish. However the amount of times he misses in this situation is really frustrating. It's usually in games against Man U; Van Der Sarr is really hard to score past. Will have to see how he gets on against lesser keepers. Seem to have a similar problem with Messi when I play as Barca. Get him into 1 on 1's with the keeper and he fluffs it.

Last edited:
Turn up for the books, sold a player for £54M this season. First time in 5-6 seasons that I've had a big transfer bid come in. Also sold a winger for £21M so nice to see the market hasn't gone completely dead.

Won the treble (and the shitty Konami cup thing) again this year. Almost lost in the Champs League semi final against Spurs, lost 2-0 at home in the first leg but then won 8-0 in the second leg :/ Cruised to league victory without breaking a sweat.

Time for a change, will keep this ML going as I like the young team I've built up. But will start a new ML and use the PES team, start in div 2 and then sell the first team and use the youth team. Will make no signings and only use youth team players. See how that goes... :/

Back
Top Bottom