PES 2011 Discussion thread

So wish I could still download the PES 2011 Demo from PSN, its been removed now :'( I loved playing with the latin american teams on the demo.... wish the final game played as good as that.

The thing I find against pressure abusers online, IF the connection is solid, I can beat superstar teams with modest teams, or at least draw. But if there's any kind of lag, my passing/dribbling game goes to water so often because by the time I've pressed the button I've lost the ball. Having lagless connections would help against pressure abusers because you can pass around them. But any kind of lag and it's very hard to do. I find the same thing with FIFA. Perfect connection, I do really well. Bad connection - I can't get shots off, I lose the ball, yada yada yada :(

It could simply be all tactics and strategies LT. We dont know what the CPU does behind closed doors in that regard, as we cant see it. They may have opted for a 20 Pressing and play highly Compact. I've never seen what you mention on any ML I've played, although I do believe I've been Teamvisioned on occasions.

The changes in team tactics seem to be the main reason behind the hard pressing and inability to find space. I noticed that as I adjusted my player support and support range values it was easier to find the safe option. It's always important to have support strikers and playmakers physically behind the wingers on the game plan diagram to find an easy pass out wide.

I've recently noticed that by altering the attack/defence level during the play, using select and L1 or R1, this has different levels of success depending on how the AI's team is set up in the formation screen. If they have deep lying midfielders and attackers, you can really press them with a higher attack setting, and if they switch to piling players up front, it pays to reduce the levels to two, even one bar and hit them on the break. I think all the attack levels do is affect the general area your players take up, from then on your actual team settings still take effect, so you can still play attacking football with your attack/defence levels set to 1 bar. Seems pretty useful when the AI switches formations mid match.

As for the pressure thing, yeah I'm sure it's set up to be pressuring at 20 etc, it's the only way it can tell the players to do what they do. It is really rare, in fact it happened over a 3-4 game period and seems to have stopped, so hopefully it'll carry on that way. I don't know if there's a setting the AI uses, but when it goes crazy, despite the form arrows being average at best, their players still seem to react faster, like they're hyped up and running quicker than they normally could. Maybe that's just the pressuring. I might experiment with that in my options, to be honest I've barely deviated from the default settings for Marseille to begin with.

One quick question, do the management settings that dictate the style of play depending on the situation/time of game override your general team settings? Do you have to cancel these management settings in order for your general team settings to start working as they should? I've not really bothered with this, the default management settings have been fine, I can still attack when leading just as well for example, the option to defend when leading in my options doesn't seem to have that much of an effect, so this is a bit confusing.

I've recently noticed that by altering the attack/defence level during the play, using select and L1 or R1, this has different levels of success depending on how the AI's team is set up in the formation screen. If they have deep lying midfielders and attackers, you can really press them with a higher attack setting, and if they switch to piling players up front, it pays to reduce the levels to two, even one bar and hit them on the break. I think all the attack levels do is affect the general area your players take up, from then on your actual team settings still take effect, so you can still play attacking football with your attack/defence levels set to 1 bar. Seems pretty useful when the AI switches formations mid match.

As for the pressure thing, yeah I'm sure it's set up to be pressuring at 20 etc, it's the only way it can tell the players to do what they do. It is really rare, in fact it happened over a 3-4 game period and seems to have stopped, so hopefully it'll carry on that way. I don't know if there's a setting the AI uses, but when it goes crazy, despite the form arrows being average at best, their players still seem to react faster, like they're hyped up and running quicker than they normally could. Maybe that's just the pressuring. I might experiment with that in my options, to be honest I've barely deviated from the default settings for Marseille to begin with.

One quick question, do the management settings that dictate the style of play depending on the situation/time of game override your general team settings? Do you have to cancel these management settings in order for your general team settings to start working as they should? I've not really bothered with this, the default management settings have been fine, I can still attack when leading just as well for example, the option to defend when leading in my options doesn't seem to have that much of an effect, so this is a bit confusing.

Yes they do over-ride any settings for the most part, or at least at first, unless you then change Select and L1/R1.

I've had to tweak mine recently, as my Management Settings were still set to my MLO days. This meant, if I was level with 20 minutes to go, my whole team pushed up. The problem here is my 4-4-2 formation then became 4-2-4, with no midfield. I could drop it back slightly with Select L1, but they still had attacking tendencies.

Thanks Jimmy, though I'm not sure how much more of PES2011 I'm gonna play now, I know you don't believe it but in ML the scripting is an absolute joke. Every time I need a win to keep in the title race, for example, at the end of both seasons I've done, I've lost the league thanks to games that play out exactly the same every time. Just now I've basically lost the title to Lyon based entirely upon drawing a match I had led 1-0 from early on, hammered the absolute crap out of them and it was getting beyond a joke how they managed to escape so often. I hit the bar five times, keeper pulled off some bizarrely acrobatic saves, and lo and behold, up goes the AI and scores the crappiest, shittest fluke of a goal you'll ever see. It involved a whole treasure trove of PES2011 problems, from player switching on my defenders, to button lag, resulting in a sliding tackle I didn't even tell my player to make, the ball deflecting forwards, hitting a striker on the knee, deflecting back at my defender on the floor, and the ball glancing off him and rolling over the goal line past my keeper who stood and did nothing. Oh, and in the 91st minute too. F**k sake. An entire season ruined in the blink of a glitchy, bug filled eye. I look at the stats for the match, it shows I had 70% of the ball, 25 shots on goal, of which 18 were on target. The AI had 2 shots at goal, 1 on target, the game finishes 1-1.

As a one off I'd say it's not scripting, given this type of rubbish plays out towards the end of every ML season when you're desperately chasing a team, then yeah, I'd argue given the AI goal seemingly had some kind of force field around it when tons of my shots would normally have gone in, and then the AI basically presents itself with a goal by having multiple glitches happen all at once, in the 91st minute, then something's amiss with this game.

Shame, I've enjoyed it immensely for the most part, PES2012 looks like it'll be far better, but I don't think in the meantime I'm putting up with this kind of crap. I reset the game and will have to play it again, hate doing that but seriously, it happens every single time you are in desperate need of a result in ML. And it's bullshit.

If I replay it now, what's the point in winning it then maybe winning the league, knowing I'd have reset a result and cheated, but at the time I just turned it off in disgust at how shitty, amateur, cheap bugs and faults with a game have cost me the league I've spent the best part of a week of my spare time playing through.

The AI in single player isn't very smart to be honest, I really hope they've worked on it a lot.
I can't remember a game where the CPU has outplayed me, even if I play Coventry v Barcelona...

I think I just have a different mindset LT, I've never felt cheated. Robbed, but not cheated. Funnily enough, the exact opposite happened to me a few nights ago in a World Cup with Poland on Top Player. First game against Greece was very tight, it was 1-1 with a minute to play before I scored the winner. I then scored another on 92 minutes to make it 3-1. The next game I got beaten 1-0 by Germany, and they were good for it. My last game I played Italy needing a win. I created a few chances against a very strong and well-organised Italian back-line, but Buffon denied me everytime. I then conceded a penalty with a mis-timed challenge on 84 minutes. Italy missed the target by inches. Then, deep into stoppage time, a through-ball on the counter found Jelen, he smashed it from all of 30 yards right into the top corner to take Poland out of the Group of Death an into the 2nd round. :CONFUSE:

Again, make of that what you will, but these are my only experiences of offline PES 2011, and for me personally, they dont alter my long-term perception with regards the whole cheating debate. I can only call as I find.

So this is dead and buried now for you lot?

I'm still enjoying it, been playing some offline and it's been quite fun actually, didn't expect to like it :).

pes 2011 is the biggest pile of dog dirt ever, give me pes 6 we 10 and we7I plus pes 5 with ps3 graphics anyday of the week.(if possible)

these were classic games and i still play them now and again, the next gen console versions have not moved forward as anticipated and i will not be playing these any time in the future again.
I just hope pes2012 breaks the mould but i aint holding my breathe.

could be when the surface is scratched there is nothing underneath.

Last edited:
pes 2011 is the biggest pile of dog dirt ever, give me pes 6 we 10 and we7I plus pes 5 with ps3 graphics anyday of the week.(if possible)

these were classic games and i still play them now and again, the next gen console versions have not moved forward as anticipated and i will not be playing these any time in the future again.
I just hope pes2012 breaks the mould but i aint holding my breathe.

could be when the surface is scratched there is nothing underneath.
hope not.

Really funny night

I entered this guys room - mikeybhoy82 - he says
"Derby games, winner picks"

Great I think

1st game

Celtic(him) v Rangers(me)

Laggy game where he wins 2-1

2nd game

Arsenal(him) v Spurs(me)

I win 0-1 with a 40 yard free kick by Defoe

3rd game

Inter(him) v AC(me)

He wins 4:2 in a total lagfest, the moves taking a full second to leave my players feet

Then

I say, I'll host next one m8 as it's laggy here

4th game

Porto(him) v Benfica (me)

I win 2-7 and can move my players

Then

He PSN messages me to moan that the play was slower for him. I reply "yes m8, it was like that for me when you hosted"

He doesn't want to play in my room so I agree to let him host the decider

5th game

Man U (me) v Man C (him)

I go 2 goals up in the first half and he disconnects haha

What a fucking loser

Yeah m8, but I forgot to mention that after I would score, at kick off he would try that cheap glitch goal of passing back to CMF, holding then chipping over my defence tonthe onrushing CF

I dealt with it every time though as I was expecting it. Made me laugh watching his desperation tho :)

Wow that kick-off thing pisses me off to no end. I usually manage to deal with it though. Well, hopefully PES2012 doesn't have any stupid bugs like that.

Back
Top Bottom