PES 2011 preview based on Konami community day - 22nd July

Yeah but regardles of what you think of him, he actually has the game, these negative Noreens above don't. The press, the forums, the ppl who have played has said Pes is back, shouldnt we be celebrating, or should we be working out the exact angle that the animation of a players right arm is in relation to his legs

There are 2 types of gamers, those who want to enjoy and those who want to nit pick

Celebrating before even trying the demo ? Ain't that premature ?

for god sake why are you so negative Adam Bhatti has playered a later code keepers are fixed, there are only niggles left , why you lot concentrate on so many negatives are you really fans? poke your head out of these forums for a while and you will get more info

I take it you suffer from selective reading because I said that "the other negatives sound like they will be improved, the overall view sounded good. It sounded promising."

I'm also not being overly negative. I'm pointing out the fact that there are CURRENTLY 3 key areas in PES 2010 that are very poor and should have been addressed by now for PES 2011. They are not aesthetic areas like tucked in shirts, nets and player faces but thing that actually affect the ENTIRE gameplay.

Feel free to share your solid proof or a link to somewhere that distinctly states that - Player Switching is improved so it no longer swaps between the chasing men. Player Urgency is improved so all players leap to their feet to get loose balls the same way goal keepers do and that players no longer get locked onto a rail and slow down when running after through balls.

There are 2 types of gamers, those who want to enjoy and those who want to nit pick

What about the 3rd kind who want to enjoy the game, but aren't stupid enough, fanboyish enough, who aren't too busy playing Adam's skin flute and don't get upset at other peoples opinions.... Who will not blindly ignore negatives they see just to avoid upsetting the pathetic cry babies the internet has?

What about that kind?

Again... I'm not talking about player arms or animations or shirts... go back and read my post that you 'for god sake' commented on. I'm talking about actual gameplay elements that can make or break your enjoyment. If you think broken player switiching for example is a pathetic thing to point out then where do you come on the 'kinds of gamers' scale you invented?

The obvious answer is the fanboy kind who ignore all flaws, get upset at others pointing out irrefutable factual evidence of broken parts of the game... and will blindly follow and believe everything Adam says ignoring anyone else who has actually played the game and reports they make on it.

Now... if anyone deserves a 'For God sake' it's clearly you.

Last edited:
How do you know uts exaggeration, try and move away from this forum from time to time and read Adam Bhatti's tweets and you will know Keepers are Fixed and the latest code is Miles ahead

Goon

No need for this.

Yeah but regardles of what you think of him, he actually has the game, these negative Noreens above don't. The press, the forums, the ppl who have played has said Pes is back, shouldnt we be celebrating, or should we be working out the exact angle that the animation of a players right arm is in relation to his legs

Mate, you have to understand that not all people have similar mentalities. Some are optimistic, some are neutral, and some are pessimistic in nature. You can't just force everyone to believe what "one" person thinks of something. I understand he has the game, but that doesn't automatically mean everyone should take every word he says as gospel, because he has his opinion, and people have theirs. Some will take his words, some will be cautious, while some won't and will prefer to play the game themselves to confirm.

I understand where you're coming from, you being the optimistic type, but you got to understand others as well.

I for one believe this year we will have a special game, because all reviewers have been impressed, unlike past years where there was a clear division of opinions.

Last edited:
Damnit I forgot about the slowdown when you play a through ball. It sucks that it is still there.
BTW what happened to the list of queries that we had and the list that you drew up Mart and thanks for the impressions.

I take it you suffer from selective reading because I said that "the other negatives sound like they will be improved, the overall view sounded good. It sounded promising."

I'm also not being overly negative. I'm pointing out the fact that there are CURRENTLY 3 key areas in PES 2010 that are very poor and should have been addressed by now for PES 2011. They are not aesthetic areas like tucked in shirts, nets and player faces but thing that actually affect the ENTIRE gameplay.

Feel free to share your solid proof or a link to somewhere that distinctly states that - Player Switching is improved so it no longer swaps between the chasing men. Player Urgency is improved so all players leap to their feet to get loose balls the same way goal keepers do and that players no longer get locked onto a rail and slow down when running after through balls.

What about the 3rd kind who want to enjoy the game, but aren't stupid enough, fanboyish enough, who aren't too busy playing Adam's skin flute and don't get upset at other peoples opinions.... Who will not blindly ignore negatives they see just to avoid upsetting the pathetic cry babies the internet has?

What about that kind?

Again... I'm not talking about player arms or animations or shirts... go back and read my post that you 'for god sake' commented on. I'm talking about actual gameplay elements that can make or break your enjoyment. If you think broken player switiching for example is a pathetic thing to point out then where do you come on the 'kinds of gamers' scale you invented?

The obvious answer is the fanboy kind who ignore all flaws, get upset at others pointing out irrefutable factual evidence of broken parts of the game... and will blindly follow and believe everything Adam says ignoring anyone else who has actually played the game and reports they make on it.

Now... if anyone deserves a 'For God sake' it's clearly you.

very solid arguments and i agree.

Damnit I forgot about the slowdown when you play a through ball. It sucks that it is still there.
BTW what happened to the list of queries that we had and the list that you drew up Mart and thanks for the impressions.
Here now, playa. :TU: Hope they'll do...

I absolutely love PES/WE and can't wait for the new game. I was thinking re: the player select, if you are defending and are holding square then pressed L1 it could select a 2nd bank of players whereas L1 on its own would skip through the first bank of players? I usually send the drones and sweep behind them so it would suit my style of defending play perfect.
The tickling I am sure is just early AI stuff which will be sorted and not really an issue in multiplayer.
I'm more concerned about actually HAVING to use the analogue stick!

Back
Top Bottom