PES 2012 Football Life thread

Orange Gooner

Conference
9 July 2007
Holland
Arsenal
I think I'm right in saying we don't yet have a thread where users can discuss everything related to Master League/Football Life. Having secured an early copy I've immediately downloaded the Fire Patch and jumped into Master League straight away.

First impressions are that despite the fact it doesn't seem too different from last year, there are a lot of tweaks and small additions which greatly improve immersion and fun. There are lots of cutscenes, some of them interactive, which greatly improves the feeling that you're actually managing a football club instead of buying players, playing games, buying some more players then playing some more games.

I've only played two games so far, but I can already tell squad management is going to be much harder this year. As Fulham, I've already lost Senderos and new signing Kerzhakov* to injury, whilst fatigue seems to play a much bigger role now as well. I've had interactive (though basic) talks with players who complain about tiredness, being placed on the transfer market or forced to play out of position. One negative however is that as manager of Fulham I was given £54 million to spend, which seems a little over the top and as such I've forced myself to limit spending as much as I can.

Another thing I think I'm noticing is the step up in gameplay and difficulty. I've complained about how predictable and one-dimensional teams play in exhibition mode, but the first league game against Wolves was an absolute thriller, proper end-to-end stuff with Wolves constantly exploiting my high line until I instructed them to defend much deeper, which did make me less potent in attack, completely changing the dynamics of the game. Perhaps it's just placebo, but as I play more I'm hoping the game stays like this.

*They've added a nice cutscene where your player is presented to press and gives a short interview, which I thought was very nice indeed:

Highlights from the Wolves game. I really liked the short tactical preview from your assistant:

Mate this is a cracking thread - please share with us as much video and tales of ML as you can. I spend all my PES time playing master league with Everton so I gather my expectations will be very similar to your experiences managing Fulham.

I think I will be making a lot of posts in this thread this year.

Interesting to see you had 50/50 possession with Wolves because the consensus is that it seems a little too easy to dominate possession in all matches. What difficulty are you on? Have you dominated possession in other matches / the demos?

Can you say also say something about player values and wages, are they realistic? Last year was a bit messed up. I think the player value was always the same as his salary but when you went to buy a player his value would be totally different, often over the top.

Also last year player values/salaries changed depending on what team you started with. If you started with a really bad team all top players would be worth less than if you started with a top team. Hope this is not the case this year.

I started a career on this but my players are the PES default players and not the original players. I didn't see an option where you could select the real players :/

Snipped from other thread into proper one :)

Wanted to sign Thiago from Barca as he was listed for loan, the asking price was 4 million pounds for the fee and the player wanted 3 million a year in wages, weighed it up and decided to stick with what I had.

Also trying sign Callejon as I only really have Saha as a decent striker for my formation, and he is complaining he is tired.

I think I'm right in saying we don't yet have a thread where users can discuss everything related to Master League/Football Life. Having secured an early copy I've immediately downloaded the Fire Patch and jumped into Master League straight away.

First impressions are that despite the fact it doesn't seem too different from last year, there are a lot of tweaks and small additions which greatly improve immersion and fun. There are lots of cutscenes, some of them interactive, which greatly improves the feeling that you're actually managing a football club instead of buying players, playing games, buying some more players then playing some more games.

I've only played two games so far, but I can already tell squad management is going to be much harder this year. As Fulham, I've already lost Senderos and new signing Kerzhakov* to injury, whilst fatigue seems to play a much bigger role now as well. I've had interactive (though basic) talks with players who complain about tiredness, being placed on the transfer market or forced to play out of position. One negative however is that as manager of Fulham I was given £54 million to spend, which seems a little over the top and as such I've forced myself to limit spending as much as I can.

Another thing I think I'm noticing is the step up in gameplay and difficulty. I've complained about how predictable and one-dimensional teams play in exhibition mode, but the first league game against Wolves was an absolute thriller, proper end-to-end stuff with Wolves constantly exploiting my high line until I instructed them to defend much deeper, which did make me less potent in attack, completely changing the dynamics of the game. Perhaps it's just placebo, but as I play more I'm hoping the game stays like this.

*They've added a nice cutscene where your player is presented to press and gives a short interview, which I thought was very nice indeed:

Highlights from the Wolves game. I really liked the short tactical preview from your assistant:

Are you sure you wont have to pay your Club Staff from that pot as well come September ?

Great thread though, cant wait to get stuck into an offline FL this year. :)

Interesting to see you had 50/50 possession with Wolves because the consensus is that it seems a little too easy to dominate possession in all matches. What difficulty are you on? Have you dominated possession in other matches / the demos?

I play Top Player, 15 minute games. Since the first demo I've been dominating possession even when I probably shouldn't have. When I first got the game I played three friendlies against Barcelona and it was pretty much the same story, even when I went down to ten playing as Feyenoord I was bossing the midfield. What went different this time, I'm not quite sure. Wolves seemed to leave more gaps which I tried to exploit with long balls, but there were spells in the game where they genuinely put me under pressure to the point where I just couldn't get out of my half. I'll be playing some more games before the footy tonight, let's see what happens.

Can you say also say something about player values and wages, are they realistic? Last year was a bit messed up. I think the player value was always the same as his salary but when you went to buy a player his value would be totally different, often over the top.

Unfortunately market values are still way too low. However, I bought Jerome Thomas and Kerzhakov for a combined fee of about £7 million which isn't too bad so I'm not too fussed. I put in an offer for Adam Johnson just to check, and they wanted £26 million for him despite his market value being a measly 3-something.

Are you sure you wont have to pay your Club Staff from that pot as well come September ?

Great thread though, cant wait to get stuck into an offline FL this year. :)

I'm not quite sure, it's a bit difficult to tell. Apparently I've only elected to concentrate on the footballing side of things with no influence in other areas (must be somewhere in the menus before you start ML). I was only assigned a transfer budget but come September 1st the player wages were definitely included, but I'm not sure about the staff, scout, youth team etc.

Talking about the youth team, thankfully they've nerfed players like Palmieri and Shimizu and they've added a lot of new players as well.

Unfortunately market values are still way too low. However, I bought Jerome Thomas and Kerzhakov for a combined fee of about £7 million which isn't too bad so I'm not too fussed. I put in an offer for Adam Johnson just to check, and they wanted £26 million for him despite his market value being a measly 3-something.

About market values being low, these aren't actually transfer prices, but an indication of players' yearly salaries. Just compare values for 'Salary' and 'Market Value' for your players in Squad list, you'll see that they are pretty close for most of the players. Transfer value is usually around 10x the market value. Yet another Japanese/English 'lost in translation' issue that keeps occurring ever since master league has been revamped in PES 2010.

First thing which stood out, was the kits. Kapa logo on the shorts? More information on these (Console version or PC?) :)

Anyways, I really like this thread, went and looked into all your videos and it looks impressive i must say.

First thing which stood out, was the kits. Kapa logo on the shorts? More information on these (Console version or PC?) :)

Anyways, I really like this thread, went and looked into all your videos and it looks impressive i must say.

PC version, and thanks. I'm very tempted to start over as I'd like to have full control of the club instead of only doing training, transfers and match days. I'm fairly sure now I have absolutely no control over finances, staff or the general direction of the club. And to top it all off, I have a highly annoying chairman:

feckoffchairman.png

It's a nice, realistic touch but I'm not going to cave in: I have absolutely no plans to start using Riise as I have much better players at my disposal. Should be interesting to see what happens.

I've also played a few more league games. Relatively easy start to the season with home games against Wolves, Swansea and Sunderland and an away game against Blackburn:

YouTube - PES 2012 Fulham Master League - Games 2-4

Next up is Olympique Lyonnais in the Europa League, which will be a proper test of squad depth. Already I have several players who regularly pick up small knocks that keeps them out for one or two weeks, so I'll have to rotate. I prioritise the Premier League though.

PC version, and thanks. I'm very tempted to start over as I'd like to have full control of the club instead of only doing training, transfers and match days. I'm fairly sure now I have absolutely no control over finances, staff or the general direction of the club. And to top it all off, I have a highly annoying chairman:

feckoffchairman.png

It's a nice, realistic touch but I'm not going to cave in: I have absolutely no plans to start using Riise as I have much better players at my disposal. Should be interesting to see what happens.

I've also played a few more league games. Relatively easy start to the season with home games against Wolves, Swansea and Sunderland and an away game against Blackburn:

YouTube - PES 2012 Fulham Master League - Games 2-4

Next up is Olympique Lyonnais in the Europa League, which will be a proper test of squad depth. Already I have several players who regularly pick up small knocks that keeps them out for one or two weeks, so I'll have to rotate. I prioritise the Premier League though.

How do you start with match players? Every time I create A new ML I can only use the default players no matter what team I pick?

Epic thread. I will add my stories at some point. Would've had something to tell already if I hadn't spent my two spare hours earlier deciding on and then perfecting a celebrity face in the editor to be my manager. I settled in the end for the current Doctor Who, looks mint and totally weird. Love the training ground scenes behind the menu.

What team are you guys gonna be choosing for ML? :)

I think my choice will be Levante :D

since last 2 versions of pes, i have been playing a lot with West ham and Blackpool. i will have to wait for the patches to play with them, so i haven't started my ML.
Choosing a spanish team this yr wont be a bad idea, as they have fully licensed teams and cups.

I just started with the FL, being the chairman of the club, and i was left forwarding the dates to the big matches, giving instructions to manager etc. but what else? am i missing something here?

I just started with the FL, being the chairman of the club, and i was left forwarding the dates to the big matches, giving instructions to manager etc. but what else? am i missing something here?

Yeah it's very confusing, you have to make sure you set your game up very carefully in the menus or else you'll find yourself in a situation where you are doing things you don't want to be doing.

One minor issue I've found is that it's still impossible to loan your (poor) youngsters to other clubs as they're simply not interested. I've put players like Dalla Valle, Shimizu and Briggs on the loan list but no interest whatsoever.

How are the player form arrows? Still seemingly quite random, as in; striker may score 2 goals one week then have a poor form arrow next week? Also, have they kept the system where your team's form arrows are much worse for away games?

How are the player form arrows? Still seemingly quite random, as in; striker may score 2 goals one week then have a poor form arrow next week? Also, have they kept the system where your team's form arrows are much worse for away games?

I've only played one away game so far and the usual sea of blue and purple wasn't there. In fact, I'm having oranges and reds all the time so I can't even tell if it's actually form-based or not. Will let you know when I've played more games.

hi guys, a pes veteran player here, who of you doesnt use a real life club, i`d always do that and start with my own club, and those standard ml players just to get maximum challenge , and climb up slowly to a grand club. This might be a sideway, but a couple years ago, i would make my own competition, meaning, a class a competition with the best clubs, and 2nd div would be the clubs that are just tailing them,and the other competitions i would put clubs together with similar stats, or how well known thay are like boca juniors ands stuff, did someone of you ever do that, would always give variety, especially on the champins league or uefa league, share your thoughts on this i`m curious,

Last edited:
Last year (my first PES game) I spent heaps of time trying to build a generic team in Master League online. Didn't want them again for offline so I made my own Australian League. Took me weeks of editing. Creating strips/stadiums/players etc. Then I had them in the 2nd division plus a few other teams and some leftover European teams in the 1st division. Was good fun!

Hi lads, I don't have the game yet but I'm hoping that with the Manager creation tool I'll be able to create a reasonably accurate David Moyes ( Evertons manager). Can some one with the game tell if this will be possible? I had hoped that by now we would see a thread dedicated to manager appearance formulas for all the big clubs :) hopefully those people with great FAce makIng talents will do their thng ;)

hi guys, a pes veteran player here, who of you doesnt use a real life club, i`d always do that and start with my own club, and those standard ml players just to get maximum challenge , and climb up slowly to a grand club. This might be a sideway, but a couple years ago, i would make my own competition, meaning, a class a competition with the best clubs, and 2nd div would be the clubs that are just tailing them,and the other competitions i would put clubs together with similar stats, or how well known thay are like boca juniors ands stuff, did someone of you ever do that, would always give variety, especially on the champins league or uefa league, share your thoughts on this i`m curious,

Yeah I definitely used to do that but I'm afraid it's impossible now with the 'realistic' approach Konami have taken for Master League. Back in the days Master League used to be absolutely brutal playing that way, and you got a great sense of achievement when you finally won the league and cups.

Now I'm just waiting for my PS3 version (for no good reason I still prefer PS3 to PC) to arrive alongside a proper option file with the Championship so I can start a Master League where I have to start at the very bottom and build my way up:))

Yeah I definitely used to do that but I'm afraid it's impossible now with the 'realistic' approach Konami have taken for Master League. Back in the days Master League used to be absolutely brutal playing that way, and you got a great sense of achievement when you finally won the league and cups.

Now I'm just waiting for my PS3 version (for no good reason I still prefer PS3 to PC) to arrive alongside a proper option file with the Championship so I can start a Master League where I have to start at the very bottom and build my way up:))

To be honest thats the reason why i liked master league in the first place, especially because the option of changing the club wasnt there, does it have the option now btw to change clubs i dont thinks, hate to think to start all over to just switch leagues

Great looking thread already, wont be getting PES2012 till December now, had to cancel pre-order due to no money.. probably for the best.. just started A levels and wouldnt want another year dominated by PES instead of coursework :L

Back
Top Bottom