PES 2012 PC Demo talk

It just feels really dumbed down. Also it feels like the battle for ball midlfeild play is non-exsitant. You can pass from def-attack shoot. In pes 5 eg..you could pass from defense but then in midfield you had to think about were youd pass/dribble and it was hard to break through...

In pes5 for example, I had to work for an opening at goal,I had to chose tactis to create cahcnes.

Maybe play a winger out wide and try to cut in then shot

Maybe switch play to free player and create chance

Angled through ball out wide then cut in for chance

Maybe I try some one-twos down middle of park

etc...

In this game I feel like iM just pressing x,x,x,x,x,[]........

I almost fall asleep playing it. There is no tension, excitement.

:CONFUSE:

Honestly, I couldnt disagree anymore. I dont know what planet you have come from or what game your playing. :SHOCK:

I'm gonna go ahead an agree with 'pes4lyfe'.
In my own experience, in the 30-some matches I've played, I felt the same way.

Yep for me I find in this game it basically goes.

keeper, pass defender, pass to midfield, pass to winger, pass into midfield, shoot or pass to froward shoot....repeat x90mins.

I can pass several times in each section. I dont know how to explain well in words all I know is when I play the game I feel little tension or excitement.

My mind wanders and I lose attention and almost fall asleep. Now for example when I play PES5 I cannot let my eyes leave the screen for 1 spilt second as it will likely cost me a goal. You have to concentrate full 90mins. There is great tension in the play. Also to make or create a chance requires hard work. In this game I get chances to shoot and openings easy and often.

When I make a chnace in Pes5 Im like WHOA yes wtf...cant mess it up, feels great to have chance on goal. I dont get that feeling in pes 2012

Last edited:
Yep for me I find in this game it basically goes.

keeper, pass defender, pass to midfield, pass to winger, pass into midfield, shoot or pass to froward shoot....repeat x90mins.

I can pass several times in each section. I dont know how to explain well in words all I know is when I play the game I feel little tension or excitement.

My mind wanders and I lose attention and almost fall asleep. Now for example when I play PES5 I cannot let my eyes leave the screen for 1 spilt second as it will likely cost me a goal. Also to make or create a chance requires hard work. In this game I get games easy. You have to concentrate full 90mins. There is great tension in the play.

When I make a chnace in Pes5 Im like WHOA yes wtf...cant mess it up, feels great to have chance on goal. I dont get that feeling in pes 2012

Are you playing on Zero Pass Assist ? If so, and your not playing on Beginner, consider yourself the PES 2012 player on these forums by a long way. I think I have a badge kicking around here somewhere for you ......

Are you playing on Zero Pass Assist ? If so, and your not playing on Beginner, consider yourself the PES 2012 player on these forums by a long way. I think I have a badge kicking around here somewhere for you ......

huh

I just play whatever is default in the demo.

I aint tinkering about with stuff.

When I play Pes1-6 I dont tinker with nothing I just play the game as it is.

Well there is your answer then, your on 3 Bar Passing Assist and every conceivable Assist On. This includes Passing, Defending, Slide-Tackles, the lot. No wonder your finding it too easy, that setting is for blind people or 9 year old kids.

PES 6 is ancient, times progress as do the options people have available to them. I'm not a fan of these Assists, but Konami are trying to capture another market with these Assisted options. So it is what it is.

From the Main Screen, go all the way to the right, go into Preferences and change everything. Turn the Passing Assistance Bar to '0', then take off all the Assists in the option below. Try that. It will be alot harder than PES 6 though, but will give you the freedom and challenge you crave. Also try playing as Club America v Internacional, or that standard of team. That is a real challenge.

Well there is your answer then, your on 3 Bar Passing Assist and every conceivable Assist On. This includes Passing, Defending, Slide-Tackles, the lot. No wonder your finding it too easy, that setting is for blind people or 9 year old kids.

PES 6 is ancient, times progress as do the options people have available to them. I'm not a fan of these Assists, but Konami are trying to capture another market with these Assisted options. So it is what it is.

From the Main Screen, go all the way to the right, go into Preferences and change everything. Turn the Passing Assistance Bar to '0', then take off all the Assists in the option below. Try that. It will be alot harder than PES 6 though, but will give you the freedom and challenge you crave. Also try playing as Club America v Internacional, or that standard of team. That is a real challenge.

mmm..I dont know if that matters though? make passing harder? (I mean passing was quite assisted somwehat in pes1-6.)

My point is the dynamics off the gameplay feels very one dimensional.

I seem to attack the same way every time...just simple passes, shoot from distance or through ball and shoot.

Its like I dont need to work hard or try various stratgeis to try to create chances. I make chances just by pressing pass.

I will try change assisted options but I thinnk it is the core gameplay that is the problem regardless.

Last edited:
I played this game on top player as rangers against inter and lost 1-4 , i couldnt loose my eyes of inters forwards while they were attacking from wings and center either shoottinhg outside the box and sometimes getting near shots.I dont undrerstand what people are saying pass pass shoot and getting bored stuff, i am a good pes player and i was all time in tension playing this game so not to consede more goals, also played as inter against rangers on top player and again lost 1-2 and it was a great enjoying much.I dont believe my eyes when reading the posts above!! are these people playing the same game??? does it have to do with a resolution bug(i play in 1080p) or something? i dont know but what i know is that i find pes2012 very much enjoyable and really hard to bit in top player!!good job Konami.

He's trying to tell you to try and play with un-assisted passing and you will find the game more difficult but once mastered alot more realistic. As passes will be misplace so every attack will not be the same.

Does anyone else find the game plays at different speed in different camera views? I'm very sure it has always been in PES, just wish they played at the same speed no matter which cam you used. For me, pitchside cam plays at a very nice pace. Long plays fastest, wide slightly slower but still faster than pitchside.

He's trying to tell you to try and play with un-assisted passing and you will find the game more difficult but once mastered alot more realistic. As passes will be misplace so every attack will not be the same.

k ill give it ago.

however its weird cause when I played demo 1 I enjoyed it.

Bu I donwloaded demo 2 two nights ago and felt the game was real boring.

weird?

Also I dislike the choice of camera angles.

The only playable one for me is ''wide'' I think? But its to far out. The other one is too close.

I need something in the middle.

Well I dunno what I was smoking the other night. I just retired demo 2 and quite enjoyed it. Just the other night it seemed terrible.

however 2 points.

1. Camera angles suck. Cant we have old Pes cameras back wide and long..none off this rotating BS.

2. Sound of ball when kicked..wtf..thud!!!

Ah, having applied the no blur-file, this game looks a lot better! Had some really great games tonight, and I'm seeing less of what really annoyed me in the first few matches I had with the demo. Scored a beauty of a freekick with Bale as well. I really enjoy how hard it is to score in some games. The biggest win I've had is 3-0, and usually I just score one goal a game. Also, I find that playing on -1 gamespeed is a lot more realistic than the default one. Ideally I think there should be a 1.5, as that would've been perfect. :)

I'm playing it not assisted at all and, while I'm not claiming I win every match nor the I'm the best PES2012 player, I still maintain what I said previously: there's no fight for the midfield.

well the game aint as simple as I stated before ping pong passes shoot

But yeh there isnt as much pressure or midfiled battle.

If you take FIFA 11 this was the polar opposite. Most games were stuck in the midfueld andonly counter attacks gave you freedom to attack.

To be honest, the majority of my games are played out in midfield as I struggle to create clear openings in the final 3rd.

Last edited:
I agree to an extent mate. I think the AI is coded too agressively in attack. If there's half a gap they try to exploit it.

Too true that. This game is most difficult when you face teams with tricky dribblers up front, teams like for example Napoli, Villarreal or Milan. Teams who in real life rely on a big strong targetman/direct play or possession and movement seem to be much easier to defend against, mostly because playmakers or targetmen still seem to prefer to take on defenders instead of doing what they should be doing, playing a simple pass or holding up the play.

I'm really disappointed that while the ball trajectory for shots looks a lot better now than in PES 2011, the power is just not there. Which is a bit weird because on the replay, it looks fantastic. Could it be a framerate issue??

Still don't think the crossing has enough zip on it either.

It jsut a feel. I said it before but when you hit shots even power shots and drives it just doesnt feel like its powerful. You dont get liek tha '''oooooommmmmffffff''' feeling, hah, know what I mean.. like oh man I just smashed it what a strike...not been gettign that feeling even though I have scored screamers..I dunno its weird to explain.

Like In PEs5 for example once again. If you see a ball bouncing low 30 yds out and you have like steven gerrard running onto it you know your gonna smash it in top corner on the half volley and it feels great, you canreally feel the power behind it.

I dont know how this is?

To be honest, the majority of my games are played out in middfield as I struggle to create clear openings in the final 3rd.

Same for me buddy, I play my team as 4-2-3-1 just like 2010 Spain, so a lot of the action is focused on the midfield. Against x-5-x teams, its a huge midle battle! If im facing a 4-3-3 team, I usually get a middle dominance and they opposite team doesnt fight for the middle itself, as I have it already, so its attack-defense-attack-defense game..

If it's a game 4-3-3 against another 4-3-3, I highly doubt it will be a middlefield war, just like in a real soccer game!

It matters a lot on the formation of both teams, at least for me :)

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/pro-evolution-soccer-2012

3DJuegos
PES 2012 is more than just an update for the forgettable PES 2011. It's a huge step forward for the Konami series. The best Pro Evolution Soccer game this gen. Score: 81/100

Meristation
PES 2012 improves in several key aspects and fans will be pleased; but it still has many issues from previous entries. Control-wise, it's faster, but animations lack quality and goalkeepers are worse than ever. The Community mode and the online features are its main achievements. Score: 80/100

GamingXP
It's the best PES so far, but in a match-up with FIFA 12, it can only lose. PES can't decide whether it's arcade or simulation, and so the crown goes to its opponent. Score: 80/100

3DJuegos
PES 2012 is more than just an update for the forgettable PES 2011. It's a huge step forward for the Konami series. The best Pro Evolution Soccer game this gen. Score: 81/100

Meristation
PES 2012 improves in several key aspects and fans will be pleased; but it still has many issues from previous entries. Control-wise, it's faster, but animations lack quality and goalkeepers are worse than ever. The Community mode and the online features are its main achievements. Score: 80/100

GamingXP
It's the best PES so far, but in a match-up with FIFA 12, it can only lose. PES can't decide whether it's arcade or simulation, and so the crown goes to its opponent. Score: 80/100

Gamers from every genre might feel this way, but are the reviews for sports games especially atrocious?

Forgettable PES 2011?
In a match-up with FIFA, it can only lose? No talking about how each games has certain things it does better?
FIFA automatically wins because PES cannot decide whether it is arcade or simulation?

:COAT:

Does anyone else have a problem where you cant press the change man button and sprint at the same time? If I press both together it will not change man, I have to release the sprint button before it will change. This means that the player that I take control of slows down for a split second until I can apply the sprint again, meaning I cant defend properly.

I am using an xbox controller on the pc and have mapped sprint to RT and Change man to LT. I know it's not the pad as I can play the fifa12 demo and change man while sprinting. Just wondered if anyone else had this issue, as I've not seen anyone else talk about it...

Try with XInput (or smth like that) mode for controller in settings.exe ... I believe I've read somewhere that in previous versions there were some issues in default mode with simultaneous reading of both triggers.

Just thought i would mention if its not already been mentioned but, anyone having issues with micro stuttering ?

uncheck your "skip framerates" options in the settings file. It plays a lot better if your pc can handle it. I hav'nt even had to change my nvidia settings from 2011.

3DJuegos

Meristation

GamingXP

Obvious stuff..obvious scores. Its simple, consumer likes finished FIFA12 product more than fix yourself PES2012 simluation type games.

FIFA: arcade approach, smooth ride, complete package, buy & play

PES: tactical approach, edit&modify to be sandbox football simulation.

Those who like to spend hours arraging tactics before starting game pick PES, those who skip tactics and go straight to match pick FIFA.

Also on PC PES is much much better than on consoles.

Back
Top Bottom