PES 2012 PC Demo talk

Obvious stuff..obvious scores. Its simple, consumer likes finished FIFA12 product more than fix yourself PES2012 simluation type games.

FIFA: arcade approach, smooth ride, complete package, buy & play

PES: tactical approach, edit&modify to be sandbox football simulation.

Those who like to spend hours arraging tactics before starting game pick PES, those who skip tactics and go straight to match pick FIFA.

Also on PC PES is much much better than on consoles.

Couldn't disagree more.
I play both games. I like both games.
However, objectively speaking... PES is totally much more arcadeish than FIFA. In this generation anyway...

However, objectively speaking... PES is totally much more arcadeish than FIFA. In this generation anyway...

Really? Why do you think that?
If there is one strength PES really has over Fifa, in my opinion, it's the depth of the actual gameplay. You won't score a goal using the same method every time (arcade-like), as you at least could in Fifa 10 and 11 (Fifa 12 demo didn't work on my computer).

Well, if it helps... FIFA 12 demo is giving me a real tough time scoring, let alone 'looking for cooler ways'.

FIFA, still many people that can score and dribbling past a player using "cooler ways" in youtube, trying to simulate what might happen in 1 out of 10 real life matches :P. Though it is very acceptable if a commercial game provide that considering many consumers seem to be happy with that.

YouTube - FIFA 12 Demo - Top 5 Goals of The Week - Episode 1 - SASportsGaming HD

YouTube - FIFA 12 Demo : Short Goal Compilation.

Last edited:
Look at those top Fifa goals versus some of the good PES goals posted in the goal thread. None of the Fifa goals are even close to simulating real football. But ok, it's an old discussion, and nothing good will come out of it, so I'll shut up now. :)

PES 2012
Release Dates for PS3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC

September 27th
North America
Middle America
South America

September 29th
Austria
Cyprus
Germany
France
Greece
Israel
Italy
Portugal
Russia
Spain
Switzerland
Turkey

October 13th
Czech Republic
Netherlands
Middle East
Poland
Scandinavia
Slovakia
Slovenia
South Africa

October 14th

Ireland
Scotland
United Kingdom

PES 2012
Release Dates for PSP, PS2 and Wii

October 27th

Europe (PSP, PS2)

November 3rd

Europe (Wii)

November 8th

North America (PSP, PS2 and Wii)
Middle America (PSP, PS2 and Wii)
South America (PSP, PS2 and Wii)

A bit ironic don't you think. US gets an earlier release date than Europe. I mean it's football we're talking about not the eggball sports the americans are crazy about.

FIFA, still many people that can score and dribbling past a player using "cooler ways" in youtube, trying to simulate what might happen in 1 out of 10 real life matches :P. Though it is very acceptable if a commercial game provide that considering many consumers seem to be happy with that.

YouTube - FIFA 12 Demo - Top 5 Goals of The Week - Episode 1 - SASportsGaming HD

YouTube - FIFA 12 Demo : Short Goal Compilation.

omg..this is exactly why i prefer PES :PIRATE:

Ever heard of google buddy?

UK 27th Sep
NA 29th Sep
EU 14th Nov

I did.
Probably you don't know how to use that oO

PES 2012
Release Dates for PS3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC

September 27th
North America
Middle America
South America

September 29th
Austria
Cyprus
Germany
France
Greece
Israel
Italy
Portugal
Russia
Spain
Switzerland
Turkey

October 13th
Czech Republic
Netherlands
Middle East
Poland
Scandinavia
Slovakia
Slovenia
South Africa

October 14th

Ireland
Scotland
United Kingdom

PES 2012
Release Dates for PSP, PS2 and Wii

October 27th

Europe (PSP, PS2)

November 3rd

Europe (Wii)

November 8th

North America (PSP, PS2 and Wii)
Middle America (PSP, PS2 and Wii)
South America (PSP, PS2 and Wii)

Yeah I thought like that. That's fucking joke about the release date in UK :CONFUSE:

I'm hoping mine gets shipped early as the 14th seems too long to wait. Least we'll get time to cancel the order if the word is its rubbish, i doubt it though. As always there will be lovers and haters, pretty sure i will be one of the lovers.

ok fifa goals are unrealistic to happen often in real life.

But id say thats a fun game.

remember NBA jam that was fun but very unrealistic.

I wouldnt slate FIFA on the ability to score/perform OTT goals and tricks. Just consider it an arcade/simulation orientated towards visually exciting football.

Whereas PES is more realistic.

This is good to have 2 games not identical.

With FIFA is that you can score unrealistic goals too often and too easily - the same with tricks. Nothing wrong with that in a game. And it can be good fun sometimes. The problem is that some people, Rutter included, call it the most real representation of the sport - to that I have to laugh.

If EA didn't pillage all the licences, it's guaranteed more people would buy PES, if not exclusively, at least in addition to FIFA.

ok fifa goals are unrealistic to happen often in real life.

But id say thats a fun game.

remember NBA jam that was fun but very unrealistic.

I wouldnt slate FIFA on the ability to score/perform OTT goals and tricks. Just consider it an arcade/simulation orientated towards visually exciting football.

Whereas PES is more realistic.

This is good to have 2 games not identical.

I agree with you.

FIFA is complete package, fun football :D
PES is incomplete package, that has to be modified by community, but when its fixed its a best football simulation on earth. PES6 still is :WORSHIP: PES2012 will become one of the best for sure
:SMUG:

This is ofcourse only about PC version...

Last edited:
With FIFA is that you can score unrealistic goals too often and too easily - the same with tricks. Nothing wrong with that in a game. And it can be good fun sometimes. The problem is that some people, Rutter included, call it the most real representation of the sport - to that I have to laugh.

If EA didn't pillage all the licences, it's guaranteed more people would buy PES, if not exclusively, at least in addition to FIFA.

Well if you take tricks out and easy goals I think the other oarts of fifa are quite realistic, passing, running, defending, pace of match etc..

Its only really the OTT goals+ tricks which make the game somewhat unrealistic....but more visually entertaining.

Saying that you can perfrom crazy tricks in PES also and score some ridiculous goals, its just yo cant score them every ga,e and the tricks dont always come off as easy as fifa.

I need help, never happened this before to me. I still don´t know waht game to choose this year. Any ideas that make me decide? Apart from "play the one you like". Both games are good but I feel that if I play one I miss the goods from the other one.

Back
Top Bottom