PES 2012 PC Demo talk

The defending in Fifa has really put me off this year its so bad. They may fix it for the final game but i doubt it. Other than that i like both games. PC gamers definitely going with PES, console gamers mainly go with Fifa and they can't mod PES to get all the licenses like you can on PC.

Had a great couple of Copa Libertadores games just now, only ruined by the fact that the CPU scored from two direct freekicks. How often does that happen in a match? Unfortunately, in PES, it seems to happen 90% of the times the CPU gets a freekick around the box.

Playing the full game now, and I'm enjoying it. Still hard as hell on top player for me, can barely create chances with a half decent side (played with Independiente now).

There's a quick workaround for the CPU always slotting in FKs. Just move the keeper to the center of the goal and he'll save most shots that go over the wall. Moving the keeper also makes the CPU try to shoot at different places (than just over the wall).

Well if you take tricks out and easy goals I think the other oarts of fifa are quite realistic, passing, running, defending, pace of match etc..

Its only really the OTT goals+ tricks which make the game somewhat unrealistic....but more visually entertaining.

Saying that you can perfrom crazy tricks in PES also and score some ridiculous goals, its just yo cant score them every ga,e and the tricks dont always come off as easy as fifa.

Yep - not saying the whole of FIFA is unrealistic. Just that some people start believing FIFA is what a real game looks like because they play the game more than they watch real football. Some of those crazy goals can happen in real games but nowhere near as easily or often as FIFA.

And those trick compilations might be good to look at for a laugh, have no place in a serious football sim. Why not keep all those tricks for FIFA street? It's not so much the tricks that are unrealistic in isolation, it's the fact that people do 5 combo moves. If someone can show me more than one trick at a time in a real football game I'd be surprised...show me more than one several times in a game and I'll give you my Xbox lol

I tried selecting the keeper from a freekick and it worked. But I couldn't move him until the whistle was blown and then I just was able to move him a fraction towards the post. Having said that, he was able to take a step and palm the ball over the bar which otherwise he might have dived at and let in. Handy tip!

Yep - not saying the whole of FIFA is unrealistic. Just that some people start believing FIFA is what a real game looks like because they play the game more than they watch real football. Some of those crazy goals can happen in real games but nowhere near as easily or often as FIFA.

And those trick compilations might be good to look at for a laugh, have no place in a serious football sim. Why not keep all those tricks for FIFA street? It's not so much the tricks that are unrealistic in isolation, it's the fact that people do 5 combo moves. If someone can show me more than one trick at a time in a real football game I'd be surprised...show me more than one several times in a game and I'll give you my Xbox lol

I know what you mean only certain players should be able to do multiple tricks and easily i.e. c.ronaldo....but then everyone just goes real.

Anyway actually Pes is even more ridicouls becuase you can link 4 moves in a row by pressing only 1 button. That takes no skill at all.

You can literally press L1+direction and you can perform 4 tricks in a row.....however for some reason tricks dont get used as often or seem so OTT in pes. I dont know why?

Maybe the stats mean more with the tricks in PES. Unless the player is really good and sometimes even with them, the tricks don't come off that well. The contextual ones are better and happen by themselves.

Probably the animations aren't that good either which makes some of the tricks less effective?

There's a quick workaround for the CPU always slotting in FKs. Just move the keeper to the center of the goal and he'll save most shots that go over the wall. Moving the keeper also makes the CPU try to shoot at different places (than just over the wall).

Ah, that's nice, thanks for the tip! :) I've never actually known you could manually move your goalkeeper until I read about it a couple of weeks ago. Great to know. :)

I just clocked Adam Bhatti saying that Konami may be holding certain elements of the next update (this Thursday) back, until the 14th of October.

Hopefully transfers & formations etc are done this week. Started doing the changes myself but I just can't be arsed now. Can't find the energy liked I used to in my youthful hermit days!

Maybe the stats mean more with the tricks in PES. Unless the player is really good and sometimes even with them, the tricks don't come off that well. The contextual ones are better and happen by themselves.

Probably the animations aren't that good either which makes some of the tricks less effective?

thats true often tricks dont work out so well or they even trip over the ball and stuff in PES or lose possesion Lol.....so its not over used.

In fifa it is harder to perfrom the tricks I guess and credit to those that beat players with them and can use them well. But once practiced and mastered these it can a bit off a pi$$ take. Or used OTT.

Do speed and dribbling players ahve advantage in this game liek back in old PEs days.

I was playing Bayern and found when I had Robben could easily dribble along past defenders. Yet I found beating players hard in general.

So is this correct?

Back
Top Bottom